We can be heroes (again) Ajax versus Tottenham Hotspur CL Semi Final Wed 8th May

• There is only one thing weirder than posting on internet forums... lurking on internet forums!
    Registration only takes a minute and removes most of the adverts. You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Spurs a team you love losing is not same as your wife cheating with your brother come on you know that
Sorry mate but it was not me likening being angry during football match to how you treat loved ones, or because you scream at the tv and type angry words it means that you are a cunt of a dad

Register to remove

Sorry mate but it was not me likening being angry during football match to how you treat loved ones, or because you scream at the tv and type angry words it means that you are a cunt of a dad
I know I am struggling with my analogies here I am much better in person I promise!!!

Just saying levels, I don’t actually come on here when we are losing as it’s horrible just makes it worse for me so I haven’t seen how bad it was

Register to remove

Mrs Perryman

I'm a Cockney Malteser
But surely there's a difference between not seeing how we can win a game and repetitiously posting, mid game, how shit our players are, how the managers tactics suck, how crap the team is and how everyone has let the fans down?
I get your analogy, totally, about you and your son and agree wholeheartedly - but did he go onto a spurs site and piss everyone off with constant negativity?
That's really the nub of the matter. If you don't have anything good - or worthwhile to say, then why come on line and make committed fans feel even worse than they already are doing, - who benefits from that?

I'm not sure that this is set up to be an on line emotional grief counseling service to to spineless whiners, or self appointed experts with all the answers.
Exactly. No way in a million years could I see us getting through, especially as I was following the game on the forum, but I didn't feel that sharing my misery and angst with everyone was the way to go. Why make things ten times worse? You all know my motto - if you can't say something nice, don't say it at all :)

I didn’t get behind the team at half time. That’s a fair bit of my point. Nobody on here got behind the team at half time. Every single one of us posted ill informed shite on a forum.

If I’d been lucky enough to be at the ground, I’d not just have muttered to myself that we’d not played that bad, I’d have been screaming the place down saying we were going to lay waste to the whole planet. That’s getting behind the team. Posting “I think we’re gonna do it” on the Internet is not backing the team.

Also, apparently Kane nipped into the dressing room at half time to tell them they were playing like a bunch of cunts. Have them a proper bollocking apparently.

I assume he’s in the “not a proper fan” category too?
Even Rio Ferdinand said he had spurs mates texting him at half time calling us bottlers etc.

Then he went on to say "That's what football does to you, it's emotions, it's a rollercoaster."

People shouldn't be made to feel like cunts because they reacted emotionally to a team they love, I hate these high and mighty cunts who think they are better supporters because they have apparently never said a bad word about our players or manager, it's ok to be positive just stop cunting off people who show passion, even if it is wrong or misplaced sometimes.

None of us are perfect and we all love spurs, maybe the people going back to comments and saying "I told you so" should take a look at themselves and ask why they feel the need to do that when we have just qualified for a CL final, seems they are more interested in trying to make others feel like "lesser" supporters rather than celebrating what the club has achieved.

Last edited:
Even Rio Ferdinand said he had spurs mates texting him at half time calling us bottlers etc.

Then he went on to say "That's what football does to you, it's emotions, it's a rollercoaster."

People shouldn't be made to feel like cunts because they reacted emotionally to a team they love, I hate these high and mighty cunts who think they are better supporters because they have apparently never said a bad word about our players or manager, it's ok to be positive just stop cunting off people who show passion, even if it is wrong or misplaced sometimes.

None of us are perfect and we all love spurs, maybe the people going back to comments and saying "I told you so" should take a look at themselves and ask why they feel the need to do that when we have just qualified for a CL final, seems they are more interested in trying to make others feel like "lesser" supporters rather than what the club has achieved.
How is calling the players cunts and bottlers showing passion? I get it, people handle disappointment in different ways, but let’s not change the meaning of words.

How is calling the players cunts and bottlers showing passion?
What I am saying is, people love the club and those kind of reactions come from them because they feel hurt, that's the passion coming out of them.

It might not be nice and it might be misplaced at times but it comes from a place of love for the club because they feel like these players are capable of more.

But surely there's a difference between not seeing how we can win a game and repetitiously posting, mid game, how shit our players are, how the managers tactics suck, how crap the team is and how everyone has let the fans down?
I get your analogy, totally, about you and your son and agree wholeheartedly - but did he go onto a spurs site and piss everyone off with constant negativity?
That's really the nub of the matter. If you don't have anything good - or worthwhile to say, then why come on line and make committed fans feel even worse than they already are doing, - who benefits from that?

I'm not sure that this is set up to be an on line emotional grief counseling service to to spineless whiners, or self appointed experts with all the answers.
If Wednesday proves anything, it’s that all the bitching, whining and melting in the world on Internet forums makes absolutely fuck all difference to the actual team.

And the biggest irony here is all the fucking bitching, whining and melting about people bitching, whining and melting.

Register to remove

What I am saying is, people love the club and those kind of reactions come from them because they feel hurt, that's the passion coming out of them.

It might not be nice and it might be misplaced at times but it comes from a place of love for the club because they feel like these players are capable of more.
Ok, fair enough. I have always thought passion was a positive emotion, but the strict dictionary definition is ‘a strong and barely controllable emotion’. So I’d say that makes you right.

(I do wish people could stop being so passionate sometimes) :)

Top Bottom