We can be heroes (again) Ajax versus Tottenham Hotspur CL Semi Final Wed 8th May

• There is only one thing weirder than posting on internet forums... lurking on internet forums!
    Registration only takes a minute and removes most of the adverts. You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

If Wednesday proves anything, it’s that all the bitching, whining and melting in the world on Internet forums makes absolutely fuck all difference to the actual team.

And the biggest irony here is all the fucking bitching, whining and melting about people bitching, whining and melting.
I didn't once say that it made any difference to the team.
It pisses the adults off when the infants get whiny.
You believing that people like me pointing out your failings, are melting or bitching says a lot more about you, than it does about us.

Register to remove

Nutter-Naylor

Supporter
If Wednesday proves anything, it’s that all the bitching, whining and melting in the world on Internet forums makes absolutely fuck all difference to the actual team.

And the biggest irony here is all the fucking bitching, whining and melting about people bitching, whining and melting.
I think there is a huge difference between slagging the team off and slagging off internet melts personally.

Perhaps we could consider having three separate match threads from next season?

One for the happy clappers, one for the complaining cunts and one for normal people.

Edit - thought it best to state clearly that this is not a serious suggestion, before numerous panties end up bunched.

Perhaps we could consider having three separate match threads from next season?

One for the happy clappers, one for the complaining cunts and one for normal people.

Edit - thought it best to state clearly that this is not a serious suggestion, before numerous panties end up bunched.
There should be a 4th one ..... for floaters.

I think there is a huge difference between slagging the team off and slagging off internet melts personally.
I think it depends on what's said. There's some of us that just use the match forum a bit like an extension of if we were there with our mates, we comment on the selection, the formation, what's happening, who's playing well, who isn't, grumbling about the odd mistake etc and but saying "well played, great pass, what a move" etc as well.

I really don't get the issue with this at all. I don't agree with everything people are saying, but I'd rather argue it with them, rather than tell them they don't have a right to say anything negative (or positive).

And there some that do come out with, what I think is daft, the "fucking bottlers" "typical Spursy" "I fucking hate these fucking bottlers" etc I don't ever say shit like this myself, but again, I'll either point out why I disagree or just ignore it and treat it for what it is, people just venting frustration because ultimately it means a lot to them. I know that ultimately it comes from their equally irrational love for this club. And I know it makes absolutely no difference.

I also think watching at home is much harder and more frustrating than watching live, I don't know about everyone else, but I find watching at home on TV so much more stressful than when your there and there's so much more going on, you can shout and chatter away to your mates, have a laugh, take the piss together it just relieves some of that tension you feel at home - maybe because you feel like in some tiny little way when you are there you are part of what's happening, you can in some small way effect it, at home you just feel powerless, with no outlet. I dunno?

Register to remove

What I don’t get is why people don’t mind slagging off players when the match is not being played....?

Check every transfer thread there is over the last three years regarding RBs and CMs and then come and preach about support.

What you can call players Champo shit in July and January, but point out that the team is playing shit during a match and suddenly it’s melting and out of order.

I also think watching at home is much harder and more frustrating than watching live, I don't know about everyone else, but I find watching at home on TV so much more stressful than when your there and there's so much more going on, you can shout and chatter away to your mates, have a laugh, take the piss together it just relieves some of that tension you feel at home - maybe because you feel like in some tiny little way when you are there you are part of what's happening, you can in some small way effect it, at home you just feel powerless, with no outlet. I dunno?
This is undoubtedly true.

I didn't once say that it made any difference to the team.
It pisses the adults off when the infants get whiny.
You believing that people like me pointing out your failings, are melting or bitching says a lot more about you, than it does about us.
I think people like you who refuse to accept their own failings and intolerance of others have no fucking right to lecture the rest of us.

I think it depends on what's said. There's some of us that just use the match forum a bit like an extension of if we were there with our mates, we comment on the selection, the formation, what's happening, who's playing well, who isn't, grumbling about the odd mistake etc and but saying "well played, great pass, what a move" etc as well.

I really don't get the issue with this at all. I don't agree with everything people are saying, but I'd rather argue it with them, rather than tell them they don't have a right to say anything negative (or positive).

And there some that do come out with, what I think is daft, the "fucking bottlers" "typical Spursy" "I fucking hate these fucking bottlers" etc I don't ever say shit like this myself, but again, I'll either point out why I disagree or just ignore it and treat it for what it is, people just venting frustration because ultimately it means a lot to them. I know that ultimately it comes from their equally irrational love for this club. And I know it makes absolutely no difference.

I don’t particularly agree with you BC but you do debate properly with people

Register to remove

Top Bottom