We can be heroes (again) Ajax versus Tottenham Hotspur CL Semi Final Wed 8th May

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I didn’t get behind the team at half time. That’s a fair bit of my point. Nobody on here got behind the team at half time. Every single one of us posted ill informed shite on a forum.

If I’d been lucky enough to be at the ground, I’d not just have muttered to myself that we’d not played that bad, I’d have been screaming the place down saying we were going to lay waste to the whole planet. That’s getting behind the team. Posting “I think we’re gonna do it” on the Internet is not backing the team.

Also, apparently Kane nipped into the dressing room at half time to tell them they were playing like a bunch of cunts. Have them a proper bollocking apparently.

I assume he’s in the “not a proper fan” category too?

Even Rio Ferdinand said he had spurs mates texting him at half time calling us bottlers etc.

Then he went on to say "That's what football does to you, it's emotions, it's a rollercoaster."

People shouldn't be made to feel like cunts because they reacted emotionally to a team they love, I hate these high and mighty cunts who think they are better supporters because they have apparently never said a bad word about our players or manager, it's ok to be positive just stop cunting off people who show passion, even if it is wrong or misplaced sometimes.

None of us are perfect and we all love spurs, maybe the people going back to comments and saying "I told you so" should take a look at themselves and ask why they feel the need to do that when we have just qualified for a CL final, seems they are more interested in trying to make others feel like "lesser" supporters rather than celebrating what the club has achieved.

Last edited:
Even Rio Ferdinand said he had spurs mates texting him at half time calling us bottlers etc.

Then he went on to say "That's what football does to you, it's emotions, it's a rollercoaster."

People shouldn't be made to feel like cunts because they reacted emotionally to a team they love, I hate these high and mighty cunts who think they are better supporters because they have apparently never said a bad word about our players or manager, it's ok to be positive just stop cunting off people who show passion, even if it is wrong or misplaced sometimes.

None of us are perfect and we all love spurs, maybe the people going back to comments and saying "I told you so" should take a look at themselves and ask why they feel the need to do that when we have just qualified for a CL final, seems they are more interested in trying to make others feel like "lesser" supporters rather than what the club has achieved.
How is calling the players cunts and bottlers showing passion? I get it, people handle disappointment in different ways, but let’s not change the meaning of words.

But surely there's a difference between not seeing how we can win a game and repetitiously posting, mid game, how shit our players are, how the managers tactics suck, how crap the team is and how everyone has let the fans down?
I get your analogy, totally, about you and your son and agree wholeheartedly - but did he go onto a spurs site and piss everyone off with constant negativity?
That's really the nub of the matter. If you don't have anything good - or worthwhile to say, then why come on line and make committed fans feel even worse than they already are doing, - who benefits from that?

I'm not sure that this is set up to be an on line emotional grief counseling service to to spineless whiners, or self appointed experts with all the answers.

If Wednesday proves anything, it’s that all the bitching, whining and melting in the world on Internet forums makes absolutely fuck all difference to the actual team.

And the biggest irony here is all the fucking bitching, whining and melting about people bitching, whining and melting.

What I am saying is, people love the club and those kind of reactions come from them because they feel hurt, that's the passion coming out of them.

It might not be nice and it might be misplaced at times but it comes from a place of love for the club because they feel like these players are capable of more.
Ok, fair enough. I have always thought passion was a positive emotion, but the strict dictionary definition is ‘a strong and barely controllable emotion’. So I’d say that makes you right.

(I do wish people could stop being so passionate sometimes) :)

If Wednesday proves anything, it’s that all the bitching, whining and melting in the world on Internet forums makes absolutely fuck all difference to the actual team.

And the biggest irony here is all the fucking bitching, whining and melting about people bitching, whining and melting.
I didn't once say that it made any difference to the team.
It pisses the adults off when the infants get whiny.
You believing that people like me pointing out your failings, are melting or bitching says a lot more about you, than it does about us.

I think there is a huge difference between slagging the team off and slagging off internet melts personally.

Perhaps we could consider having three separate match threads from next season?

One for the happy clappers, one for the complaining cunts and one for normal people.

Edit - thought it best to state clearly that this is not a serious suggestion, before numerous panties end up bunched.

Perhaps we could consider having three separate match threads from next season?

One for the happy clappers, one for the complaining cunts and one for normal people.

Edit - thought it best to state clearly that this is not a serious suggestion, before numerous panties end up bunched.

There should be a 4th one ..... for floaters.

I think there is a huge difference between slagging the team off and slagging off internet melts personally.

I think it depends on what's said. There's some of us that just use the match forum a bit like an extension of if we were there with our mates, we comment on the selection, the formation, what's happening, who's playing well, who isn't, grumbling about the odd mistake etc and but saying "well played, great pass, what a move" etc as well.

I really don't get the issue with this at all. I don't agree with everything people are saying, but I'd rather argue it with them, rather than tell them they don't have a right to say anything negative (or positive).

And there some that do come out with, what I think is daft, the "fucking bottlers" "typical Spursy" "I fucking hate these fucking bottlers" etc I don't ever say shit like this myself, but again, I'll either point out why I disagree or just ignore it and treat it for what it is, people just venting frustration because ultimately it means a lot to them. I know that ultimately it comes from their equally irrational love for this club. And I know it makes absolutely no difference.

I also think watching at home is much harder and more frustrating than watching live, I don't know about everyone else, but I find watching at home on TV so much more stressful than when your there and there's so much more going on, you can shout and chatter away to your mates, have a laugh, take the piss together it just relieves some of that tension you feel at home - maybe because you feel like in some tiny little way when you are there you are part of what's happening, you can in some small way effect it, at home you just feel powerless, with no outlet. I dunno?

What I don’t get is why people don’t mind slagging off players when the match is not being played....?

Check every transfer thread there is over the last three years regarding RBs and CMs and then come and preach about support.

What you can call players Champo shit in July and January, but point out that the team is playing shit during a match and suddenly it’s melting and out of order.

I also think watching at home is much harder and more frustrating than watching live, I don't know about everyone else, but I find watching at home on TV so much more stressful than when your there and there's so much more going on, you can shout and chatter away to your mates, have a laugh, take the piss together it just relieves some of that tension you feel at home - maybe because you feel like in some tiny little way when you are there you are part of what's happening, you can in some small way effect it, at home you just feel powerless, with no outlet. I dunno?
This is undoubtedly true.

I didn't once say that it made any difference to the team.
It pisses the adults off when the infants get whiny.
You believing that people like me pointing out your failings, are melting or bitching says a lot more about you, than it does about us.

I think people like you who refuse to accept their own failings and intolerance of others have no fucking right to lecture the rest of us.

Back
Top Bottom