We’re part of the problem

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It has to be significnatly more than 1 or 2 voices for it to be heard on TV, mate.

You missed them then.

Boo-ing when he came on.
......And he was booed in possession on a few occasions (which is how you know it was targetted AT him).

Booing after goals are conceded isn't the booing of Dav in question.
Well yes. He didn’t touch the ball until we conceded.

FANS : Why don't we spend more money on players?

LEVY : We have to play within the rules and can only increase spend with an uplift in commercial revenue. How about I make some shrewd property investments on behalf of the club and generate income from our lovely stadium when its not being used for football.

FANS : BOOOO!!! We don't want a cheese room and go kart track you bald ponce!

Advertising a go-kart adventure when we’ve just lost to a shit Milan side and Sheffield reserves tends to rub folk up the wrong way.

This has now happened several times over the last few years and, just about every time, it’s been aimed at a black, foreign (non-English) speaking player.

Consciously xenophobic or otherwise, it’s not a fucking good look.

Not to the same degree as Sanchez, Royal, Aurier or even Sissoko.
Meanwhile guys like Soldado and Janssen got nothing but encouragement and they were pants.
Personally, think there is an element of subconscious bias. Regardless, it’s just not a good look.

Could be seen that way.

Dier has been crap for years, according to fans on forums and social media, but does he get booed in the stadium?

What happened to sanchez was disgraceful.

Meanwhile guys like Soldado and Janssen got nothing but encouragement and they were pants.
Personally, think there is an element of subconscious bias. Regardless, it’s just not a good look.

I don't buy this subconscious horse shit. Players have been booed since I stated going in '62.
It has been a malaise at our club since probably before then.
If you want to hang it on anything hang it on players not being good enough for a section of entitled fans.
There has always been a whipping boy at the Lane, were were infamous for it, I remember lots of players chased out of this club.

Last edited:
Could be seen that way.

Dier has been crap for years, according to fans on forums and social media, but does he get booed in the stadium?

What happened to sanchez was disgraceful.
This. Dier stands around like a wooden Indian. Dav is running hard trying to make a play, but gets it wrong. But, maybe the fans know that Dier will climb up into the seats to get at 'em.

Career appearances with spurs -
Soldado 52
Janssen 31

Aurier 77
Sissoko 141
Sanchez 139
Royal 53

Do you see the difference? Players that have been here longer will take more slack. Royal is the only one comparable to Janssen and Soldado in appearances and he is a defender and those 2 forwards. And royal mainly takes it because his final ball is horrendous and it’s a buzz kill.

So those are already 2 more differences besides race.

We're the solution. Best support in London by a mile. Yes the booing of sanzec was wrong but it was born out of frustration. Why is he still at the club. Why do we not have the flexibility to resort to a back 4 if we haven't got 3 outstanding cb available. Why have we not got a proper manager when it was obvious since Christmas that Conte didn't think Tottenham was good enough for him. Why do we have a football director who can't direct football matters I didnt boo him and thought it wrong. But I understood it.

Subconscious bias reflects society so it should be no surprise to anyone that people will have their own bias against certain players ad cultures, that shouldn't be controversial at all, in fact it's obvious.

Players have been booed since I stated going in '62.
To my knowledge, there weren’t any black, non-English speaking players in the league in 1962. The question isn’t whether players are booed — we know that to be true — the question is whether black, foreign players are disproportionately booed. I’m afraid data from 1962 isn’t helpful in that determination.
Royal is the only one comparable to Janssen and Soldado in appearances and he is a defender and those 2 forwards. And royal mainly takes it because his final ball is horrendous and it’s a buzz kill.
I’ve absolutely no doubt that Soldado’s poor finishing cost us more dearly than Royal’s inability to cross. He came with even greater expectations and was never treated as poorly.

Let's not beat ourselves up because we have nothing else to do. Fcuk that sh!t.

Two useless managers in Conte and Mourinho (as in failed to live up to their reputations), a stupid appointnent in Nuno and too many of our players who have fallen off a cliff edge in terms of performance, and a DoF or whatever Paratici is called, mired in scandal.

The amazement was staying in the top 4 for so long.

Get the manager right, buy 4 or 5 young, good players and absolutely imperative, find a striker or bust balls to keep one of Kane or Son if not both, then we will be more than fine.

We are fans of a massive club who crave and believe we deserve success.

Not part of the problem but we are a big part of the pain that is being felt.

We need to stop the self-beating. I tell anyone and everyone I am a THFC fan. In pain but proud...ish!!!

Last edited:
I’ve absolutely no doubt that Soldado’s poor finishing cost us more dearly than Royal’s inability to cross. He came with even greater expectations and was never treated as poorly.
do you think a fan that is booing in the heat of the moment is thinking rationally about which play is more costly? (If they did, PEH would be boo’ed most of the game for hiding)

Striker misses an easy chance… “come on you wanker” and then move on because the score stays the same.

Defender gifts the opponents a goal… now the score has changed, mood has shifted and you’ll see more anger here.

Strikers always get the benefit of the doubt unless they finish like morata.

Back
Top Bottom