We’re part of the problem

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The booing of Sanchez yesterday was absolutely shameful. He’s barley played a game all season, was out of position and is low on confidence. How on earth is booing him going to improve our chances of him playing well and us winning the game?

Unfortunately, this kind of behaviour has started characterise a large percentage of the fan base (both at games and on social media). No wonder so many good players can’t succeed with us.

A sad day to be spurs.

He didn’t deserve it, especially the fact that he was being booed before he even touched the ball, but it’s the inevitable conclusion of how the club is being run.

Ground will be toxic for the rest of the season.

Yeh we are. Sanchez isn’t good enough but it’s not his fault he is being played out of position or is still at the club. I felt sorry for him although Stellini shouldn’t have managed his situation like that, it was amateur.

The club is a total and complete mess led by the donkeys in the boardroom, the toxicity of this has now spread throughout the entire club to the fans. We are run like a soulless corporate shell of a football club, fur coat no knickers.

This will get much worse when Kane leaves sadly unless a new manager is able to come in before and steady the ship. Question is how do we want to use this anger because this anger is here whether we want it or not, for me it must be directed at the board to pressure them to make fundamental changes.

The chickens are coming home to roast for this club and it’s going to be painful for everyone, the fans, the players, the staff and yes finally Levy and the board.

Last edited:
This atmosphere isn't a new thing recently, the Leeds game just before the World Cup Emerson suffered the same type of abuse when there was absolutely no need for it.

We had a great end to the season, had a fairly good start this season by getting results and was in a good position but fans were not happy for some deluded reason.

We bring it on ourselves.

Most definitely.

People forget that football is a game and for 90 minutes, you support the players who put on that shirt. You don't have to cheer them if you feel they don't deserve cheering but you never fucking boo one of your own players.

You want to show displeasure to the ownership? Then stop lining their fucking pockets and stop going to the games if all you're going to do is boo the players instead.

Sad thing is, this isn't the first time this season. It was fucking embarrassing when the fans pretty much ripped any ounce of confidence Emerson Royal had and booed him mercifully. And it's even more embarrassing now happening for a second time. To Emersons credit, he showed strong character to rise above it and come back from it and the same dumbfuck fickle fanbase would then cheer him on when he put in some fine performances.

Not buying it.

You tell me another fan base that goes 20 yrs with 1 Carling Cup, still packs it's ground every week. Paying the most expensive prices in the league to watch the worst football. Watching the same players make the same elementary mistakes week in week out.

This fan base is incredibly loyal given the repeated abuse from the club.

I know a few on here have been gaslighted into accepting mediocrity but when people are paying these top prices to go and watch and seeing the lack of heart and the pub level mistakes from this group of gutless wonders and the inept management from the top down, they are more than entitled to voice their anger with a few boos.

Fuck me, you think a few boos is bad. Look around world football at what other fan base are like. Look at the big Italian clubs where if you don't perform the fans come to the training ground and make your life hell.

As Conte rightly said these players don't want to play with pressure or play for anything.

He got turfed out and the poor little lambs are now getting defended again on here.

Fuck that

Most definitely.

People forget that football is a game and for 90 minutes, you support the players who put on that shirt. You don't have to cheer them if you feel they don't deserve cheering but you never fucking boo one of your own players.

You want to show displeasure to the ownership? Then stop lining their fucking pockets and stop going to the games if all you're going to do is boo the players instead.

Sad thing is, this isn't the first time this season. It was fucking embarrassing when the fans pretty much ripped any ounce of confidence Emerson Royal had and booed him mercifully. And it's even more embarrassing now happening for a second time. To Emersons credit, he showed strong character to rise above it and come back from it and the same dumbfuck fickle fanbase would then cheer him on when he put in some fine performances.

Excellent post.

We act like know alls and the entitled.

The last 2 managerial appointments have been for Kane but have been disastrous.

Not blaming Kane but explaining it.

Not buying it.

You tell me another fan base that goes 20 yrs with 1 Carling Cup, still packs it's ground every week. Paying the most expensive prices in the league to watch the worst football. Watching the same players make the same elementary mistakes week in week out.

I know a few on here have been gaslighted into accepting mediocrity but when people are paying these top prices to go and watch and seeing the lack of heart and the pub level mistakes from this group of gutless wonders and the inept management from the top down, they are more than entitled to voice their anger with a few boos.

Fuck me, you think a few boos is bad. Look around world football at what other fan base are like. Look at the big Italian clubs where if you don't perform the fans come to the training ground and make your life hell.

As Conte rightly said these players don't want to play with pressure or play for anything.

He got turfed out and the poor little lambs are now getting defended again on here.

Fuck that

Don't follow them weekly, but do Newcastle ever boo their own players?

They haven't won anything in decades, pretty much pack out their stadium weekly, even after two relegations and horrible ownership. Jesus, and people think WE'VE had it bad.

But I never hear stories of them booing their own players and they've had some proper shit in that time. They mostly used their voice against their ownership. Which seemed alot better than the half arsed 10 minute chant we get of "Levy Out" as the fans sit there having paid Levy money to watch the football team.

How is booing TWO of your own players in one season acceptable and not a problem of the fanbase?

A lot of football fans are cunts, sadly... and Spurs have their fair few... (and not all of them are racist!)
My take is this is a ripple out effect of social media.

In personal life, have seen how (many) people seem to have changed, in that they now feel it is OK to air what previously would be privately held views, as they are not “face to face” with those it hurts to say the insulting things towards.

It feels over the past 10years, this has slowly evolved into an empowerment feeling, in those holding nasty views, as they see a group in agreement online, which fuels a feeling it is OK to say those types of things more directly once emotions run high.

100% on the owners for letting it fester
This. I hate individual booing of players, why pick on the little people, its the twats in charge (boardroom and dugout) that deserve the grief. But this is what happens when the football side is left to rot. Why is Sanchez still here? Should have been moved on at least 2 seasons ago, it was obvious then he wasnt upto it . There has just been drift for so many years and a lot of people are angry. Everything about the club is stale.

Not buying it.

Fuck that
i mean look at madrid, win trophies all the time, few results dont go their way they turn

we suffered for 23 yrs, and we boo players, damn right, you dont give 100% to the shirt and make errors every week then its on you, we have suffered a long time and people will get frustrated as time goes on, they are paying hard earned money to watch that every week.

Don't follow them weekly, but do Newcastle ever boo their own players?

They haven't won anything in decades, pretty much pack out their stadium weekly, even after two relegations and horrible ownership. Jesus, and people think WE'VE had it bad.

But I never hear stories of them booing their own players and they've had some proper shit in that time. They mostly used their voice against their ownership. Which seemed alot better than the half arsed 10 minute chant we get of "Levy Out" as the fans sit there having paid Levy money to watch the football team.

How is booing TWO of your own players in one season acceptable and not a problem of the fanbase?
Then you have a short memory. Newcastle's fanbase was toxic as fuck right up until the new owners got appointed. They weren't filling St James and there was constant booing during games. And weekly protests against Mike Ashley.

This. I hate individual booing of players, why pick on the little people, its the twats in charge (boardroom and dugout) that deserve the grief. But this is what happens when the football side is left to rot. Why is Sanchez still here? Should have been moved on at least 2 seasons ago, it was obvious then he wasnt upto it . There has just been drift for so many years and a lot of people are angry. Everything about the club is stale.
Except the pies & and the Pork Ramen... they're alright actually!!

Then you have a short memory. Newcastle's fanbase was toxic as fuck right up until the new owners got appointed. They weren't filling St James and there was constant booing during games. And weekly protests against Mike Ashley.

What player did they boo?

Seeing as your memory is clearly better than mine.

Back
Top Bottom