We’re part of the problem

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What player did they boo?

Seeing as your memory is clearly better than mine.
You make a good point....
Booing Levy (or ASHLEY, in Newcastle's case) doesn't affect the players... as most of them won't have any day-to-day dealings with the hierarchy... let alone giving a shit!

But booing the PLAYERS on a matchday, during a game does have an effect.. as they're the ones playing! Levy isn't going through on goal, with only the 'keeper to beat... Levy isn't heading a ball away from a corner.... he's building flats surrounding the stadium... that's all he cares about! Not what some Columbian clogger does or doesn't do when faced with Bournemouth's LIGHTENING QUICK, RUJTHLESS ATTACKING THREAT!

I thought it was awful and I would have no qualms with Sanchez now refusing to play for us

He’s a human being trying his best

Also the second goal was romero’s fault, but he gets away with it for some reason

Then you have a short memory. Newcastle's fanbase was toxic as fuck right up until the new owners got appointed. They weren't filling St James and there was constant booing during games. And weekly protests against Mike Ashley.

The point is about booing the players..... You're clearly ducking that though.

All you've done is list the things that the prev. poster has already said they condone.

Joe Linton for one
Not black enough... (plus you spelt it wrong... it's Joelinton, one word... racist... trying to 'White him up' by calling him Joe.... shame on you!!!)

Bring me Rusty Lee or Idris Elba if you wanna make a point! But yes, they did boo him... 'cos he was shit for a while... not 'cos he was black...

then he started scoring, so they love him now... (didn't he score his first ever Newcastle goal against us?)

... fucking thought so!)

Not buying it.

You tell me another fan base that goes 20 yrs with 1 Carling Cup, still packs it's ground every week. Paying the most expensive prices in the league to watch the worst football. Watching the same players make the same elementary mistakes week in week out.

This fan base is incredibly loyal given the repeated abuse from the club.

I know a few on here have been gaslighted into accepting mediocrity but when people are paying these top prices to go and watch and seeing the lack of heart and the pub level mistakes from this group of gutless wonders and the inept management from the top down, they are more than entitled to voice their anger with a few boos.

Fuck me, you think a few boos is bad. Look around world football at what other fan base are like. Look at the big Italian clubs where if you don't perform the fans come to the training ground and make your life hell.

As Conte rightly said these players don't want to play with pressure or play for anything.

He got turfed out and the poor little lambs are now getting defended again on here.

Fuck that
Christ alive the 'we pay the most money' is just a ridiculous argument, that in itself is entitlement alone which probably explains half the problem. I pay a hell of alot of money for a ST which I can't really afford, but I choose to go along to the match and support the players rather than turning up with this expectation of 'I PAY ALOT OF MONEY SO I WANT THE BEST AND CAN DID OUT AND ABUSE ANY PLAYER I WANT BECAUSE I PAY MORE MONEY THAN YOU'.

Just out of interest, did Davinson Sanchez make a mistake warming up yesterday? Because the booing started before he'd even walked on the pitch so to say 'we're tired of watching the same mistakes' is a pretty lame and generic excuse.

What did Emerson do to warrant the stick he got from fans during the Leeds match? Was he part of the team that finished the season really strongly and got us into the Champions League?

Did Sanchez get thrown in last minute against Woolwich which led to us beating them 3-0? Or was he an embarrassment to the club making the same mistakes?

As I said yesterday, the club is toxic from top to bottom.

I didn’t like it personally, he got singled out when there were other players in that team yesterday who also stunk the place out and have done for weeks!

Booing players who aren't pulling their weight and are taking the piss is fair game but booing them due to lack of ability when they're putting in 100% effort is genuinely retarded, there's no excuse.

Just out of interest, did Davinson Sanchez make a mistake warming up yesterday? Because the booing started before he'd even walked on the pitch so to say 'we're tired of watching the same mistakes' is a pretty lame and generic excuse.
Maybe some were booing it being a defender coming on and not going to a back 4?

There's blame to go around.

Booing individual players just because they're not good enough is a total cunt move, everyone who joined in should be ashamed.

But overall, the atmosphere turning toxic isn't just on the fans. We pay Champagne prices and we're being served up White Lightning.

Don't compare us to Newcastle, their most expensive ST is cheaper than our cheapest ST. We're being asked to stump up what amounts to a fortune to see us play defensive, dour football against fucking Bournemouth and everyone else, and not even do a good job of it. At the same time we're watching our most bitter rivals edge closer to a league title. It's not a proper comparison.

The fans are a part of the problem. It's a toxic spiral between ownership, fans and players. Fans pay a lot of money to watch and thus think (wrongly in my opinion) that it allows them to hurl abuse at the players with no consequence. But that's just a part of the toxic spiral.

And I fear that at this point the fans also don't have the patience for a rebuild, which is what we need. Any manager that comes in and is not named Pochettino is going to have an uphill battle with the fanbase for all the wrong reasons.

That's not me saying that Poch should be brought back, I'm of the opinion that we should build something new rather than chase old glories. But I do feel that whoever else that gets the job will have to put just as much time into winning the fanbase over as he will have to put in work on the training ground.

There's blame to go around.

Booing individual players just because they're not good enough is a total cunt move, everyone who joined in should be ashamed.

But overall, the atmosphere turning toxic isn't just on the fans. We pay Champagne prices and we're being served up White Lightning.

Don't compare us to Newcastle, their most expensive ST is cheaper than our cheapest ST. We're being asked to stumping up what amounts to a fortune to see us play defensive, dour football against fucking Bournemouth and everyone else, and not even do a good job of it. At the same time we're watching our most bitter rivals edge closer to a league title. It's not a proper comparison.

Nor is citing the Goons a viable excuse.

If people can't suitably direct whatever ire they're feeling they're merely knuckle dragging.

Back
Top Bottom