We’re part of the problem

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

FANS : It's time to show intent. Sign Ndombele at ANY COST. He's the future of football.

LEVY : OK, OK. But he wants the same money as Kane

FANS : SIGN HIM.

LEVY : OK. Done!

FANS : Who scouted this lazy french f*ck? Fire them.

LEVY : OK. Hithcen, your fired. Partici over to you

PARTICI : I've found us Emerson, a brazilian wonderkid

FANS : Nooo!! He's not a wing back and he's too defensive. BOOOOO!

PARTICI : OK.....I've found Porro, he's a wing back.

FANS : OMG, He can't tackle or defend. BOOOOOOO!!!!!
Which fans think Emerson can't tackle or defend exactly? He's bloody good at both. He can't cross for shit but he is a very solid fullback. On character alone he is one of the first names on my team sheet.

FANS : Poch out! He's taken us as far as he can, we need an elite coach to take us to the next level.

LEVY : OK, here's Mourinho. He's won trophies everywhere.

FANS : No, we don't want him. He's too defensive. Boooo!!!

LEVY : OK, OK. How about Conte....He's elite and always wins!

FANS : Boooooo!!!!! He's too defensive. We want Poch back!!!

LEVY : OK, I'll rehire poch.

REPEAT, REPEAT
A few good posts this morning! This is a good one and I think it proves that fans of this club will never be happy.

You only have to look at the reaction after drawing 2-2 with Chelsea at the start of the season. We had a manager fired up, having arguments with Tuchel on touchline and managed to get a good point however there was lots of people moaning about the style of football and that we were 'lucky'.

Just before the World Cup we were in a good position where we were winning matches without playing stylish football (even though we had something like the 3rd best attack). We were comfortably in 3rd/4th, with a manager who knew how to win things but this fanbase didn't want to give him any time whatsoever.

Conte did an incredible job getting the team into the Champions League for the first time in a few years into the knockout round, yet this fanbase demanded we win the competition straight away. Such unrealistic expectations.

Conte had credit in the bag, but we were not prepared to give him a chance.

Last edited:
A few good posts this morning! This is a good one and I think it proves that fans of this club will never be happy.

You only have to look at the reaction after drawing 2-2 with Chelsea at the start of the season. We had a manager fired up, having arguments with Tuchel on touchline and managed to get a good point however there was lots of people moaning about the style of football and that we were 'lucky'.

Just before the World Cup we were in a good position where we were winning matches without playing stylish football (even though we had something like the 3rd best attack). We were comfortably in 3rd/4th, with a manager who knew how to win things but this fanbase didn't want to give him any time whatsoever.

Conte did an incredible job getting the team into the Champions League for the first time in a few years into the knockout round, yet this fanbase demanded we win the competition straight away. Such unrealistic expectations.

Conte had credit in the bag, but we were not prepared to give him a chance.
Your seriously rewriting history and mostly you are overlooking that Antonio Conte did NOT want to be manager of Spurs. He was sad ill and desperate to leave. Let it go because he was never going to see the job our.

Your seriously rewriting history and mostly you are overlooking that Antonio Conte did NOT want to be manager of Spurs. He was sad ill and desperate to leave. Let it go because he was never going to see the job our.
Not really mate, towards the end I agree but there's no doubt he was the sole reason we got into the Champions League. He looked pretty happy to me at the end of that season.

Alot of people said

'Conte was right about what he said in his outburst' and he did say the fans have no patience which is true.

Whoever the next manager is needs to win over the fanbase first before they do anything otherwise it's gonna be the same old.

I think the anger rising within the fanbase Is a culmination of so many appalling decisions and neglect at the top of the club now finally seeping down throughout the team and the fanbase as a whole...

But there is something else far more dangerous and harmful to our football club than the toxicity we're seeing at the stadium.

Apathy

The stinking, rotten grass isn't always greener or winning is hard or remember the 90's bullshit, loser mentality called out by Conte and still, even now, seen polluting our fanbase and represented by numerous individuals on this forum.

The real danger to our football club. The hidden enemy.

As long as this weak, apathetic culture festers we'll continue the pattern of perennial losers and the joke of English football.

Levy OUT! ENIC OUT!!

FANS : It's time to show intent. Sign Ndombele at ANY COST. He's the future of football.

LEVY : OK, OK. But he wants the same money as Kane

FANS : SIGN HIM.

LEVY : OK. Done!

FANS : Who scouted this lazy french f*ck? Fire them.

LEVY : OK. Hithcen, your fired. Partici over to you

PARTICI : I've found us Emerson, a brazilian wonderkid

FANS : Nooo!! He's not a wing back and he's too defensive. BOOOOO!

PARTICI : OK.....I've found Porro, he's a wing back.

FANS : OMG, He can't tackle or defend. BOOOOOOO!!!!!
FANS: Its time for you to resign and let someone who knows something take over

LEVY: Trophies are pointless. Winning is for losers.

No, I just don't think its particularly sad or worthy of note that a guy rewarded with 65 thousand a week for occassionally playing football got booed. It's been blown way out of proportion. It's neither 'part of the problem' nor particularly sad.

Stuff like 'basic human decency' envokes a sense that we should genuinely feel really sorry for him. I just don't. Every single person on this forum would trade places and laugh off the boos.

If being booed for being crap at football qualifies as 'abuse' then god knows what most retail staff have to put up with for 1/1000000th of the money and far worse working conditions.

I tend to agree... I think.

Foothall support is hugely emotive for many. Statement of the obvious.

If any sense of abuse, and I am mot for one minute condoning it, is of a racist, sexuality-
based or specific reason other than anger then it should be clamped on and dealt with.

Being a fan of a club and seeing basic mistakrs is hard to stomach.

Set against what we are going through and the mistakes Samchez has made in the past, the abuse is no surprise.

Social media just makes it more difficult to avoid and given its prevalence what does anyone expect?

I think the anger rising within the fanbase Is a culmination of so many appalling decisions and neglect at the top of the club now finally seeping down throughout the team and the fanbase as a whole...

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

- The signings of Ndombele and Lo Celso was applauded by the fan base
- We were in disbelief that we managed to sign Romero ahead of the bigger clubs
- We dared to dream when Bissouma signed for us over Arsneal
- We cheered from the rooftops when Kulu and Bentencaur improved our squad
- We showed intent when we brought in 60m Richarlison as a backup striker
- Dele Alli was the best young footballer in the world and looked like he might get better

And now we find they spend more time in the treatment room than on the pitch.

Was hiring 'Elite' coaches such as Mourinho and Conte an appalling decision?

There is clearly something rotten at the club, in the dressing room. Something that multiple coaches, the owners and the players have been unable to stamp out.

The booing of Sanchez yesterday was absolutely shameful. He’s barley played a game all season, was out of position and is low on confidence. How on earth is booing him going to improve our chances of him playing well and us winning the game?

Unfortunately, this kind of behaviour has started characterise a large percentage of the fan base (both at games and on social media). No wonder so many good players can’t succeed with us.

A sad day to be spurs.

Terrific post, and I agree with your message.

However, I don't think it's a large % of the fan base. It's enough though.

It was hard to watch. Sanchez did not select himself.

It's irrelevant what his pay packet is. To be booed going on and coming off is a symptom of a much deeper issue at the Club.

Yes, Sanchez is a flawed player, but he took one on the chin this time, for those higher up the scale.

Sad state of affairs indeed.

Last edited:
He wears the shirt And that’s the point.

He can be / isn’t good enough (and he was decent under Poch and with Big Jan) but I guess no-one remembers that far back.

You don’t throw your family under the bus.

Lol. 'family'

These players are not your family.

Fucking state of our fan base.

So many mugs. Just ripe for the picking. And Levy knows how to pick those pockets.

Embarrassing.

The fans are part of the problem, they are far too tolerant and far too willing to pay the most expensive prices in football.

Liverpool fans would have driven Levy out of the club long ago.
fans can't drive Levy out of the club
Joe Lewis can - but the fans can't.

The fans will have to get Lewis's attention - a big statement action.

As has been pointed out - the only way to affect change is to hit the club in the pocket or make that statement - say, as an example at the next home game, that a substantial amount of supporters, simply got up and went and sat on the pitch - 30,000 plus, a number so big that nothing could be done about it - peaceful but forceful - an unmistakable message, either get the game cancelled or massively delayed - the club then gets a big fine for being unable to control their fans

Or the same kind of number block all the entrances before a game, but that would be harder to manage and would require co-ordination and discipline.

Hoping that people will not attend will not work, because some people will always go in - "I've spent a ton on this ticket, I'm not going to piss it away"

AVB’s football was turgid, it was all possession for the sake of possession it was Pepball without any of the movement or rotation up top. Look at Jol, Redknapp and Poch our best managers, most fans where happy with them, it was Levy who drove their sacking.

Let’s say we get Gallardo and he does well, plays football we like, has a plan and improves players but he comes 5th. Levy might sack him anyway even if fans like him.
Pep Ball is Pep Ball with a 400 million pay roll though. All the managers you name got better results than their predecessor too, though I suspect that we will be shit between now and end of season.

So what was the purpose Of booing Sanchez? Did supporters really believe it would help us win the match? We were a goal up and so it was not the time to bring on an attacker for a defender. Did anyone seriously believe Sanchez would play better being booed. No it was a massive own goal and should never be repeated. We lost a match we should have won.
This has nothing to do with supporters views on the owners or the Managers tactics. I was not at the match and have no intention of going this season. Perhaps those that thought booing their own player would help get a result should stay away as well. I am very unhappy at the way things are going and have no problem with supporters letting the players know this as Conte said the players are to blame but do not single out a particular player or do it while we are still in contention.
The team retreating when a goal up has been blamed on the players by successive Managers and they need to be urged forward by Supporters and not booed. Chants of attack, attack attack would be better.

So what was the purpose Of booing Sanchez? Did supporters really believe it would help us win the match? We were a goal up and so it was not the time to bring on an attacker for a defender.
On tv, I didn’t hear any booing until after the 1st goal (3 minutes after Sanchez came on) And it was tame compared to after the 2nd.

And it’s a bit naive to ask what the point of the booing was as if the drunk and angry fans are going to think rationally.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

- The signings of Ndombele and Lo Celso was applauded by the fan base
- We were in disbelief that we managed to sign Romero ahead of the bigger clubs
- We dared to dream when Bissouma signed for us over Arsneal
- We cheered from the rooftops when Kulu and Bentencaur improved our squad
- We showed intent when we brought in 60m Richarlison as a backup striker
- Dele Alli was the best young footballer in the world and looked like he might get better

And now we find they spend more time in the treatment room than on the pitch.

Was hiring 'Elite' coaches such as Mourinho and Conte an appalling decision?

There is clearly something rotten at the club, in the dressing room. Something that multiple coaches, the owners and the players have been unable to stamp out.
I don't think all the players are bad, I think in some cases, they have not been utilised correctly.
You mentioned Bisouma and Richarlsion, both of whom I was happy we signed, but they both don't get used, and when they do it's bit part performances.
It needs someone to get the best out of them, that would be a start, and then additional signings can be added.

AVB’s football was turgid, it was all possession for the sake of possession it was Pepball without any of the movement or rotation up top. Look at Jol, Redknapp and Poch our best managers, most fans where happy with them, it was Levy who drove their sacking.

Jol: Levy
Harry: Harry
Poch: I honestly think Levy would have happily kept him; but Poch, players and (to whatever extent) the fan had all soured. It was merely a necessity.

Back
Top Bottom