We’re part of the problem

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

To my knowledge, there weren’t any black, non-English speaking players in the league in 1962. The question isn’t whether players are booed — we know that to be true — the question is whether black, foreign players are disproportionately booed. I’m afraid data from 1962 isn’t helpful in that determination.

I’ve absolutely no doubt that Soldado’s poor finishing cost us more dearly than Royal’s inability to cross. He came with even greater expectations and was never treated as poorly.
There were black players in the 60s who had the full support of their fans, more so in the 70's. racism is trivialised when it is applied where none exists.
I've been at games where Soldato and Jansen got dog's abuse from Spurs fans. A minority take against a player because of his form, not colour. Spurs have always been fiercely anti racist, we ran the National Front out of Tottenham when they tried to recruit at our games and protected our own.
Unconscious bias is a lazy argument.

Was it the same mugs booing Sanchez who are chanting for poch 2 mins later??

That Argentinian madman convinced Levy to sign Sanchez up for 6 years!!
Allegedly it was due to the fact Sanchez reminded him of lemons whenever he put on his Colombian shirt.

There were black players in the 60s who had the full support of their fans, more so in the 70's. racism is trivialised when it is applied where none exists.
I've been at games where Soldato and Jansen got dog's abuse from Spurs fans. A minority take against a player because of his form, not colour. Spurs have always been fiercely anti racist, we ran the National Front out of Tottenham when they tried to recruit at our games and protected our own.
Unconscious bias is a lazy argument.

Agree.

Except of course that the "shrewd property investments" don't create more revenue for Tottenham Hotspur to invest on the pitch. They are held on the clubs balance sheet making more money for Levy and Enic when they sell the club rather than being invested. It is taking money out of the club through the back door

Not quite true. Under FFP clubs are permitted to spend 70% of revenue of transfers, salaries and agents. More revenue = more money to spend. This is precisely why United can spend unlimited money - their commercial revenues are huge.

Did have to smile at something yesterday.

Before the game, there was the small demonstration outside the game "ENIC/LEVY out". The Rabbi was out there giving his thoughts on a mega-phone. Didnt stand and watch but just heard stuff as I negotiated the few "tourists" who were standing watching. He was saying everything that was wrong about the club, the tourists who come along, how the "real" supporters need to come back, how they need to protest and get our club back (or words to those affect).

Then in the ground he was in the aisle on the shelf area, trying to get the crowd going when a "tourist" (may not have been, but like to think it was)... Went up to him and he duly obliged by having a selfie taken with them while the game was on. oh the irony.. lol

Nothing against him at all, seems like he has Spurs in the blood and is definitely passionate about it,,, but it did make me smile..
...so you know that moment when you're at a Family funeral, and The Rabbi turns up as one of the mourners...?

Not the religious type of rabbi, butTHE RABBI.... the Tottenham one!!

...turns out we're 3rd Cousins!!

How we laughed!

Oh the irony!!!!

I assume I'll be seeing Cousin Lee a few more times again this season!!!

Last edited:
...so you know that moment when you're at a Family funeral... and The Rabbi turns up as one of the mourners...?

Not the religious rabbi, THE RABBI.... the Tottenham one!!

...turns out we're 3rd Cousins!!

How we laughed!

Oh the irony!!!!

I assume I'll be seeing Cousin Lee a few more times again this season!!!
Was he wearing black or purple and gold?

Shoulda realised sooner.... here's one from the Family album taken just a few years ago when we moved into the bigger Family home...
FPb7m81X0Ac7dqt.jpg

Back
Top Bottom