We’re part of the problem

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It was sad to see Sanchez booed because he’s never been one to show lack of effort. He tries and fails.

But I can’t blame the fans. It’s hard to direct boos towards levy and especially Lewis as they aren’t involved in the game. The fans paying the highest ticket prices in the league can boo whoever they want.

It’s the clubs responsibility to protect their players and part of that is moving them on before it gets to this point. But the club is clueless. This isn’t the first player to be in a similar situation.

It really isn't.

"We want Scholar out" could be commonly heard before, during and after games and never once did he don our colours on the pitch..... What's fundamentally changed? Nothing.

Even Lewis not being in the stadium..... If week after week his name is dirt on TV he'll notice.. He may not care; but he will 100% become aware of it.

It's like a certain part of the fanbase has to criticise as a way of saying "lol, told you so"

Nutshell.... It's the race to be the one that "called it" first......

It's has parallels with the general hipster chase for clout which exists all over the internet.

Great question.

There’s really poor data to make accurate comparisons.

Chelsea: Ticket Prices - Season Tickets

Woolwich: Loading... ST Pricing - 2223.pdf

(Change the bit before .com)

Tottenham: https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/media/k1sgsnz0/stadium_map_thfc_2022-23_season_ticket_renewals.pdf

The eye test says that we’re clearly more expensive than Chelsea (in their shitty tiny stadium full of racist cunts) but we’re about the same as Woolwich. And we have a better stadium to go to.

So comparable?

Thanks. Was a genuine question by the way. I had a vague idea that us and Woolwich were around the same.

Us having a nice airport terminal/food court/football stadium doesn’t cut it for me personally. Shouldn’t be higher than Woolwich or Chelsea.

It’s a moot point though as the game has moved away from fans like me. If I had my way we would have stuck at the old ground and kept capacity to what it was.

Not buying it.

You tell me another fan base that goes 20 yrs with 1 Carling Cup, still packs it's ground every week. Paying the most expensive prices in the league to watch the worst football. Watching the same players make the same elementary mistakes week in week out.

This fan base is incredibly loyal given the repeated abuse from the club.

I know a few on here have been gaslighted into accepting mediocrity but when people are paying these top prices to go and watch and seeing the lack of heart and the pub level mistakes from this group of gutless wonders and the inept management from the top down, they are more than entitled to voice their anger with a few boos.

Fuck me, you think a few boos is bad. Look around world football at what other fan base are like. Look at the big Italian clubs where if you don't perform the fans come to the training ground and make your life hell.

As Conte rightly said these players don't want to play with pressure or play for anything.

He got turfed out and the poor little lambs are now getting defended again on here.

Fuck that
Just because you go to the games for 20 years and live a breath the club doesn't mean you can act like any more a cunt and it be fine. This team had actively made my weekends worse pretty much all year, sick of the lot of them. But I Would neve cheer my own players failings. Booing your team/players is sometimes questionable but I understand it. Cheering their shit game, that's fucked up. Opposition fans cheer at the other team when they fuck up a pass or accidently kick the ball out. I heard the exact same noise when he came off. It wasn't booing his performance, it was cheering his demise which you only usually get from opposition fans. Im no one for being soft, cant stand everyone being overly sensitive towards players, but celebrating your own players terrible moment of being subbed off after 30min. Disgraceful

Levy seeing this thread...

antonio-banderas.gif

Think it was a build up of fans frustration with him, more than yesterdays performance.
He has had time to improve and prove he is the real deal. Just never taken it.
With the facilities he is provided, training ground and personell at his beck and call.
Fans as in the paying customer has a right to vent their frustration. My opinion

So, you justify our prices, as Chelsea and Woolwich have inferior stadiums. Wow, are you an industrial architect?

Thanks. Was a genuine question by the way. I had a vague idea that us and Woolwich were around the same.

Us having a nice airport terminal/food court/football stadium doesn’t cut it for me personally. Shouldn’t be higher than Woolwich or Chelsea.

It’s a moot point though as the game has moved away from fans like me. If I had my way we would have stuck at the old ground and kept capacity to what it was.
I said we’re “about the same as Woolwich”. Do you have any reason to believe we’re higher?

Chelsea’s are clearly lower. By all means be upset by that but their trophies are the result of huge owner investment over 20 years by a cheating Russian oligarch. So let’s not pretend we’re in the same position as a business.

I said we’re “about the same as Woolwich”. Do you have any reason to believe we’re higher?

Chelsea’s are clearly lower. By all means be upset by that but their trophies are the result of huge owner investment over 20 years by a cheating Russian oligarch. So let’s not pretend we’re in the same position as a business.

London: Most expensive place in the country..... By far in some respects.
4 biggest teams in London: Arse, Chavs, Spurs................................... WHam.
Chavs run at a loss for the last 20 years thanks to sports-washing.
WHam pretty much run as a government subsidised charity.

Inevitable that the other 2 are gonna be topping the list.

We shouldn’t be higher than Chelsea imo.

We shouldn’t be higher than Chelsea imo.
Whether we like it or not, watching football in the best football stadium in the world will be more expensive than their 150 year old stadiaum.

And whether we like it or not, Chelsea have not had to fuck with normal economics because they’ve been cheating their way to trophies with a Russian oligarch prepared to run the club at a loss.

It’s like when Starbucks in 2000s would open new sites at a loss to force independent local coffee shops out of business and close them down once the competition was destroyed. They’re not playing by the same rules.

Did have to smile at something yesterday.

Before the game, there was the small demonstration outside the game "ENIC/LEVY out". The Rabbi was out there giving his thoughts on a mega-phone. Didnt stand and watch but just heard stuff as I negotiated the few "tourists" who were standing watching. He was saying everything that was wrong about the club, the tourists who come along, how the "real" supporters need to come back, how they need to protest and get our club back (or words to those affect).

Then in the ground he was in the aisle on the shelf area, trying to get the crowd going when a "tourist" (may not have been, but like to think it was)... Went up to him and he duly obliged by having a selfie taken with them while the game was on. oh the irony.. lol

Nothing against him at all, seems like he has Spurs in the blood and is definitely passionate about it,,, but it did make me smile..

Back
Top Bottom