Vincent Janssen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not training with the first team.
Removed as the clubs number 9.
Not even had his photo taken for club website.
No green screen done.

Absolute burial from Pochettino. I wonder what Janssen done. I know he's been a flop but he's always shown more when playing than NKoudou ever has for example.

And some people think Toby was frozen out last season. No, THIS is a freeze out.

Pfft, you call that a freeze out?

THIS is a freeze out:

It's just hard for me to fathom how we couldn't get him a prem loan deal this season or last.
So many teams without any top strikers on their books- you'd think we'd have been able to get him 20+ games somewhere. I think Vinny could have been converted into a wide Target man style player but alas it was not to be. Poor purchase overall by the club, and I think poor handling of the situation since he has been here.
Did he not refuse to go to Brighton last summer?

It's just hard for me to fathom how we couldn't get him a prem loan deal this season or last.
So many teams without any top strikers on their books- you'd think we'd have been able to get him 20+ games somewhere. I think Vinny could have been converted into a wide Target man style player but alas it was not to be. Poor purchase overall by the club, and I think poor handling of the situation since he has been here.
Blind faith.

In reality he is absolutely atrocious and it's not the least bit surprising nobody has come in for him.

Definitely could have done a job a bottom half club

He was great at hold up play. but seriously lacked pace and his finishing left a lot to be desired. He seems like a confidence based player and when things aren't going right it all falls down.

Very foolish opting for a Turkish side over a PL loan. It’s a shame because he needed his confidence rebuilding after a poor start. He’s always looked very good on the international team & in spite of the fact that it’s been dire for him since his move here, I think he could go on to have a good career. I think he fucked his chances here after we set him up with a good loan to Brighton. Silly fucker.

Very foolish opting for a Turkish side over a PL loan. It’s a shame because he needed his confidence rebuilding after a poor start. He’s always looked very good on the international team & in spite of the fact that it’s been dire for him since his move here, I think he could go on to have a good career. I think he fucked his chances here after we set him up with a good loan to Brighton. Silly fucker.

Yea forgot about that detail- what an idiot! BHA would have been perfect for him- he would have gotten 25 or 30 starts at least. Might have relegated them though!

Not training with the first team.
Removed as the clubs number 9.
Not even had his photo taken for club website.
No green screen done.

Absolute burial from Pochettino. I wonder what Janssen done. I know he's been a flop but he's always shown more when playing than NKoudou ever has for example.

And some people think Toby was frozen out last season. No, THIS is a freeze out.
m79w1De.gif

As I remember it, I think Brighton wanted to loan him but he claimed he wanted to stay here and compete for a place?? Pretty silly of him, (if not a little admirable, I suppose) if true.

Edit: just seen that others have addressed this already.....

Brighton last season would have been perfect for him. The only reason I think he didn't that would have any real justification is if he didn't fancy himself with the pace of the Premier League. I'm still really surprised we haven't seen a team looking for a big strong hold up player that will allow for wide forwards to run in behind take him. Vincent is great at that and would chip in with a fair few goals at all. He should probably go back to Holland now and be a big fish in a smaller pond

Would love to see us try and sell him to Ajax. Would be a good move for all parties you feel, and also keeps our "good relationship" with Ajax going strong.... :levystare:

It would be interesting to see if they would want him. He came from AZ after all.
Ajax might prefer to just continue developing their youth instead.

Brighton last season would have been perfect for him. The only reason I think he didn't that would have any real justification is if he didn't fancy himself with the pace of the Premier League. I'm still really surprised we haven't seen a team looking for a big strong hold up player that will allow for wide forwards to run in behind take him. Vincent is great at that and would chip in with a fair few goals at all. He should probably go back to Holland now and be a big fish in a smaller pond

I think a bigger problem is Levy and his value on our players. I doubt anyone in Holland bar perhaps the big clubs could afford what Levy would want in terms of a permanent transfer.

Back
Top Bottom