Vincent Janssen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Janssen got a fractured ankle in December which kept him out until early April, which I think resulted in Fenerbache terminating the loan in December.

Can't find on the net any real news since then except these reports of a recurrence of the ankle problem 24 hours ago, other than he wasn't included in Spurs pre-season despite Spurs shortage of first team players at that time..

Yeah this sounds like what I read and know you mention it the ankle injury is what was diagnosed. I think I maybe read somewhere else about February/ April time that it was way more complicated than previously thought and that's when all the banter about him maybe not being able to carry on professionally came about.

Might just be bollocks but thanks for clearing some cobwebs from my head and here's hoping that wherever he plays... he can still play

Janssen got a fractured ankle in December which kept him out until early April, which I think resulted in Fenerbache terminating the loan in December.

Can't find on the net any real news since then except these reports of a recurrence of the ankle problem 24 hours ago, other than he wasn't included in Spurs pre-season despite Spurs shortage of first team players at that time..
They did not terminate the loan. He did play towards the end of the season (came back around mid April I think and even played the Turkish cup final) But yeah he went out with a foot injury in December

They did not terminate the loan. He did play towards the end of the season (came back around mid April I think and even played the Turkish cup final) But yeah he went out with a foot injury in December

Thanks for that update, good to know he played a few games in April/May - and playing in the Turkish cup final implies he was considered fit with the injury healed.

Must have injured himself in training recently ?

Pay him off. Don't need a player hanging around doing nothing. Not good for anyone.

I’d agree; he’s getting his wages regardless but the club see him as a saleable asset (apparently) and despite him being shit, someone must be silly enough to buy him. So that’s what the board will wait for. Especially since we spent (relatively) silly money on him.

Can't get my head around how bad he was since putting on the shirt. I checked his showreel with AZ Alkmaar and he was like Shearer. Is it just confidence?

Can't get my head around how bad he was since putting on the shirt. I checked his showreel with AZ Alkmaar and he was like Shearer. Is it just confidence?

Shitty defenses in a poor league...

Rule of thumb always used to be don't buy strikers direct from the Dutch league... Post-Suarez, clubs seem a little more prepared to take that risk.

(Yeh, Ajax.... But at least you know if a player is Ajax trained they've had the right upbringing.)

So according to Vincent's own instagram. The Turkish doctors did not think his injury needed surgery and he played on it whilst injured. Well that is just fantastic and I understand us not sending him back there (or anyone else there for that matter)

So according to Vincent's own instagram. The Turkish doctors did not think his injury needed surgery and he played on it whilst injured. Well that is just fantastic and I understand us not sending him back there (or anyone else there for that matter)

So we had two loans last year, Janssen & Onomah who picked up injuries, played on but it's effecting their prospects this season around? Not good at all. Our loan rules need looking into.

I do not understand the hate and abuse he gets here tbh.

Yea, he has not done well for us. Up to now the deal of buying him has been very unsuccessful.
And it seemed that we'd move him on in summer window, is seems now that reason why he was not had been his injury.

Idknow, ofc it does not seem to likely, but I am still cheering for him that maybe after some time to think and good rehabilitation period SOMEHOW he'd be able to turn things around... Very unlikely (once more) but I prefer this to slagging him off or typing up some verbal abuse...

Poor guy... Seems he is feeling optimistic now though and maybe he will be able to come back and do a job. I like him, great attitude and always tried hard - thought he was a better fit for us than Llorente tbh, just a bit unlucky

Hopefully he is fit enough by January so we can send him out on loan, either to a lower table Prem side or a championship side so he can get back the joy of playing.

So we had two loans last year, Janssen & Onomah who picked up injuries, played on but it's effecting their prospects this season around? Not good at all. Our loan rules need looking into.

What can you do though?

You trust the club to look after your asset properly.

For both legal and PR reasons (club & medical staff) no club is going to declare "we deemed him unfit, but forced him to play anyway" so it's kind of moot.

I do not understand the hate and abuse he gets here tbh.

Yea, he has not done well for us. Up to now the deal of buying him has been very unsuccessful.
And it seemed that we'd move him on in summer window, is seems now that reason why he was not had been his injury.

Idknow, ofc it does not seem to likely, but I am still cheering for him that maybe after some time to think and good rehabilitation period SOMEHOW he'd be able to turn things around... Very unlikely (once more) but I prefer this to slagging him off or typing up some verbal abuse...

Hate's a strong word.

Hopefully he is fit enough by January so we can send him out on loan, either to a lower table Prem side or a championship side so he can get back the joy of playing.

He's still young but I fear without an EPL loan, he'll never amount to anything for us.

What can you do though?

You trust the club to look after your asset properly.

For both legal and PR reasons (club & medical staff) no club is going to declare "we deemed him unfit, but forced him to play anyway" so it's kind of moot.

The only thing the club could do is perhaps assess them themselves and deem them unfit if they flag something, but I'm not sure how much that fits into the rules of a loan if you're forking out to use them for a season. Frustrating on both Onomahs & Janssens parts but as you said, sometimes it happens

He's still young but I fear without an EPL loan, he'll never amount to anything for us.
TBH at this point I think it should be more about rehabbing his career and not worrying so much about if it is with us or somewhere else.

If he is fit in January we could probably loan him out to any club that is at the bottom of the table if he is willing

Back
Top Bottom