Vincent Janssen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not training with the first team.
Removed as the clubs number 9.
Not even had his photo taken for club website.
No green screen done.

Absolute burial from Pochettino. I wonder what Janssen done. I know he's been a flop but he's always shown more when playing than NKoudou ever has for example.

And some people think Toby was frozen out last season. No, THIS is a freeze out.

No green screen done.

Absolute burial from Pochettino. I wonder what Janssen done. I know he's been a flop but he's always shown more when playing than NKoudou ever has for example.

And some people think Toby was frozen out last season. No, THIS is a freeze out.
I think Poch has an issue with Janssen's attitude.

No green screen done.

Ouch

Any source for this?
Nothing recent.

“So far from the beginning of the season some players need a wake-up call in private, in my office,” said Pochettino.

“It is true that in the earlier period of the season his form was down and he needed a wake-up call to be reminded that the possibility of him playing could arrive.

“Now he is okay, he is motivated and confident. He is also feeling a little bit of relief after his first goal from open play and that is important. I am happy with the way that he has trained this week, too.”

“It is complicated for the offensive players at the big teams, who are behind Harry Kane, Diego Costa, Alexis Sanchez or Zlatan Ibrahimović,” Pochettino said.

“But [Janssen] is young and has just arrived from Holland. I am happy with him and all the players but I understand that they are not happy with all situations.”

Tottenham manager Mauricio Pochettino reveals a private 'wake-up call' helped boost Vincent Janssen

No green screen done.

They must know he's off this window... even on loan, he clearly doesn't play a role at the club now.
I mean... no green screen done!! Da fuq is the world coming to?

I remember his first appearance for Spurs. Opening day @Goodison two years ago he came on late and missed a sitter that would have won it for us. Just wasn’t meant to be.

Hopefully he can go somewhere and get some minutes and resurrect his career

I know it was one appearance and one single chance, but I really think that had he converted that it would have changed everything for him. Maybe that is just wishful thinking though, because when we signed him I was super excited. I really thought that it was a coup that we got him and he was going to awesome to back up Kane.

It seems Vincent thinks he is better than he is, Poch indicates to him this but he doesn't respond in the manner where the manager think is suitable, may be V should come down to earth, train hard and try harder.
Or Poch has given him enough chances and now he is given up and put Vincent in freezer.

Whatever it is, the club should find him a home before end of the month.

Pochettino said in quite a few press conferences that Janssen needs to 'work harder and show more' in training. He obviously didn't think he did enough to warrant a place in the squad.

It's just hard for me to fathom how we couldn't get him a prem loan deal this season or last.
So many teams without any top strikers on their books- you'd think we'd have been able to get him 20+ games somewhere. I think Vinny could have been converted into a wide Target man style player but alas it was not to be. Poor purchase overall by the club, and I think poor handling of the situation since he has been here.

It's just hard for me to fathom how we couldn't get him a prem loan deal this season or last.
So many teams without any top strikers on their books- you'd think we'd have been able to get him 20+ games somewhere. I think Vinny could have been converted into a wide Target man style player but alas it was not to be. Poor purchase overall by the club, and I think poor handling of the situation since he has been here.

Because he's absolutely shit. A potato. Atrocious signing. He'd struggle in the Championship.

A wide target man? Nah. His best position would be a ball boy.

Back
Top Bottom