Vincent Janssen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

As did Fulham agree and the deal was from January to summer, so he would have left in summer

But Dembele didn't agree the deal - so he probably wanted to just LEAVE Fulham as in join Spurs and NOT go back on loan. As soon as that became the case, we should have just stumped up more money to sign him permanently there and then.

and until that day comes, I'll always have the fact that he's better than Janssen.

That assertion banks on the Scottish league being considerable stronger than the Dutch league........otherwise Dembele is just scoring at the same rate for by far the best team vs Janssen for a also ran.

I think YOU need to read it again. I said QUICK as in someone who is FAST as in someone with PACE...

Thanks for clarifying that quick also means fast, I guess you could also say NOT SLOW?
My original point still stands, you say we should go out and buy a young proven but also "quick" goal scorer from another league, who is unproven in the PL by definition that they are from another country, so if we do this will you also give them less then a season before cunting them off and wanting them sold?
:sonhmm:
Granted Jansen is not quick, But please answer my original question you seem to choose to ignore, did you see Jansen play last season?
Granted he hasn't been a success at spurs,but no I'm ne can deny he was one of the best young goal scorers judging how he played last season in domestic and for his country, so seemed a bargain on that evidence alone, knowing this what makes you think another young player will cut it in the premier league after just over half a season?
Oh yeah it's cause you want someone quick who we can hoof the ball up to?
:pocheyes:

Nope he was a winger, Wenger played him inside left when he was at Bloemfontein came to Woolwich as a winger, Wasn't brought in to replace Anelka

He was literally playing up front and scoring goals in the World Cup in 1998. So he had experience there, considering for the majority of his life he played there before he was tried out as a winger.

I mean if you said N'Jie instead of N'Koudou, I'd understand. He played up front for Lyon, has played up front for Cameroon and has played up front for Marseille, but N'Koudou was a strange comparison.

But Dembele didn't agree the deal - so he probably wanted to just LEAVE Fulham as in join Spurs and NOT go back on loan. As soon as that became the case, we should have just stumped up more money to sign him permanently there and then.
You quote 'typical Levy' whether Dembele agreed or not the deal was on the table and he would have left in the summer as the deal was agreed in January. He turned us down stayed at Fulham and left in the summer for Celtic

That assertion banks on the Scottish league being considerable stronger than the Dutch league........otherwise Dembele is just scoring at the same rate for by far the best team vs Janssen for a also ran.

I reckon the Championship is considerably stronger than both.

It's an otherwise known fact that he wanted to wait until the summer regardless.

Players know that they can wangle better fees and deals when clubs save money on transfer fees.

Thanks for clarifying that quick also means fast, I guess you could also say NOT SLOW?
My original point still stands, you say we should go out and buy a young proven but also "quick" goal scorer from another league, who is unproven in the PL by definition that they are from another country, so if we do this will you also give them less then a season before cunting them off and wanting them sold?
:sonhmm:
Granted Jansen is not quick, But please answer my original question you seem to choose to ignore, did you see Jansen play last season?
Granted he hasn't been a success at spurs,but no I'm ne can deny he was one of the best young goal scorers judging how he played last season in domestic and for his country, so seemed a bargain on that evidence alone, knowing this what makes you think another young player will cut it in the premier league after just over half a season?
Oh yeah it's cause you want someone quick who we can hoof the ball up to?
:pocheyes:

I didn't see Janssen last season no but I've seen him this season and he hasn't been good enough. Shows no redeeming qualities at all besides being able to strike a mean penalty. Pochettino clearly feels the same when he's not even starting him in cup competitions and bringing him on with 3 minutes to go.

I think you underestimate having someone with pace up front. We hoof the ball up field a lot. Usually to Rose and Walker, but when we're penned in like we were against City and Liverpool, our long balls pretty much meant we had another wave coming at us. Having someone with pace to run at a defence and run into the channels is important and shouild ALWAYS have been a key trait for a second string striker.

He was literally playing up front and scoring goals in the World Cup in 1998. So he had experience there, considering for the majority of his life he played there before he was tried out as a winger.

I mean if you said N'Jie instead of N'Koudou, I'd understand. He played up front for Lyon, has played up front for Cameroon and has played up front for Marseille, but N'Koudou was a strange comparison.
Henry got his call up from the France U20 squad to the senior team playing the same position as N'kodu plays now Trezeguet was up top

A league that Dembele has though and scored in admirably.

And you have no clue that Janssen wouldn't as well.

Just move on from Dembele - some idiot club will end up dropping tens of millions on him......it won't be us

You watch EVERY game in europe.....surely you can come up with someone else to bang on about

And you have no clue that Janssen wouldn't as well.

Just move on from Dembele - some idiot club will end up dropping tens of millions on him......it won't be us

You watch EVERY game in europe.....surely you can come up with someone else to bang on about

No, we'll get Andre Gray instead.

:pochfacepalm:

...and Scott Sinclair is also suddenly looking top class.

It's definitely not the league, though.

Still has more goals from open play than Janssen does in this league though. Funny that.

That's just last season alone

Wouldn't have expected anything less from some of the sheep on here.

Not sure how you would have known this if you never saw him play?

What makes me believe he'd be more than a Luuk de Jong looks to be his overall play.

De Jong was at best a poacher in the Dutch league. Janssen looks like he provides a lot more and has more to his game. Pressure is slightly off him too considering he's coming to be someone who will be behind Kane.

:sonpoint:

Back
Top Bottom