Vincent Janssen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He's been a menace in the Champions League too though? I actually want Dembele to leave and tear it up wherever he goes next season just because the whole 'Scottish football is shit, you can never be good if you play in Scotland' narrative is well and truly buried.

Dembele would be an upgrade on Janssen, a big fat upgrade at that. One has pace for a start, which offers us more than what Janssen does.He's also younger and he was probably actually WANTED by Pochettino as opposed to lumbered into signing this oil tanker by Mitchell.

Pretty sure Mitchell wanted us to sign Batshuayi....not that he seems particularly good either.

I think it just shows that there weren't many decent strikers available last summer.

Scum panic buyed that Perez guy, he's pretty crap and also old.

Pretty sure Mitchell wanted us to sign Batshuayi....not that he seems particularly good either.

I think it just shows that there weren't many decent strikers available last summer.

Scum panic buyed that Perez guy, he's pretty crap and also old.

Dembele was linked before Batshauyi wasn't he? (Jan 2016) and instead of wanting to pay something for him, he wanted to wait until the summer to get him for free. Typical Levy really, though if Pochettino demanded it there and then he'd probably have got his man.

Just sign a youngster who is quick and has a solid goal scoring record. Don't care what league. Dembele from Fulham at the time for example, was quick, solid goalscoring record and would have given us something different.

I see we were linked with Jean-Kevin Augustin. No idea who he was but he's from PSG, He is 20 this year, unbelievable goalscoring record for French youth and PSG youth. Won't be as expensive the likes of Mbappe etc. would and he would give us something different. Young, hungry, quick and clearly can finish.

This is exactly what Jansen was....... who is to say if we were to buy the best young striker from another league he would be an instant success the 1st season? :pochserious2:

This is exactly what Jansen was....... who is to say if we were to buy the best young striker from another league he would be an instant success the 1st season? :pochserious2:

Janssen isn't quick. He has NO redeeming qualities that woiuld ever make him a starter here or worth bringing on as a sub if we need something different.

A quick player would. At times this season we have been CRYING out for pace up front so when we're struggling we could knock it long and to the channels for the striker to run on to and cause a defence problem, stretch the game, Liverpool away a BIG example, some times Kane standing there looking invisible doesn't work. Pace is a threat. Standing there with your back to goal and falling the floor is not.

Dembele was linked before Batshauyi wasn't he? (Jan 2016) and instead of wanting to pay something for him, he wanted to wait until the summer to get him for free. Typical Levy really, though if Pochettino demanded it there and then he'd probably have got his man.
Dembele has repeatedly stated he turned us down, we offered the asking price which was accepted by Fulham including being loaned back to them until the end of the season. Levy has done nothing wrong here

Dembele has repeatedly stated he turned us down, we offered the asking price which was accepted by Fulham including being loaned back to them until the end of the season. Levy has done nothing wrong here

Would have been silly to offer a loan back option in the first place.

Janssen isn't quick. He has NO redeeming qualities that woiuld ever make him a starter here or worth bringing on as a sub if we need something different.

A quick player would. At times this season we have been CRYING out for pace up front so when we're struggling we could knock it long and to the channels for the striker to run on to and cause a defence problem, stretch the game, Liverpool away a BIG example, some times Kane standing there looking invisible doesn't work. Pace is a threat. Standing there with your back to goal and falling the floor is not.

Read your original post..... you said we should sign a young proven goal scorer from any league.......
Did you see Jansen play last season?

Dembele wouldn't have been free, his fee would have been settled by tribunal even after his contract expired.

The tribunal fee is less if you move between countries, hence he went to Celtic for £800k.

There were stories a few weeks ago that the only reason he didn't join us in the previous January was that he failed a medical.

Dembele wouldn't have been free, his fee would have been settled by tribunal even after his contract expired.

The tribunal fee is less if you move between countries, hence he went to Celtic for £800k.

There were stories a few weeks ago that the only reason he didn't join us in the previous January was that he failed a medical.

I'd rather had spent £16,000,000 on Dembele than Janssen.

N'koudu has been clocked as the fastest player in the prem:avbshock:

Remember me:allitongue:

I imagine Alli and MK Dons agreed to it, hence why he went.

I imagine Dembele wanted to leave Fulham, hence why he's apparently rejected that option of signing and being loaned back and wanted to leave Fulham in the summer.

I imagine Alli and MK Dons agreed to it, hence why he went.

I imagine Dembele wanted to leave Fulham, hence why he's apparently rejected that option of signing and being loaned back and wanted to leave Fulham in the summer.
As did Fulham agree and the deal was from January to summer, so he would have left in summer

Back
Top Bottom