Vincent Janssen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Something is clearly problematic between Janssen and Pochettino. Maybe not yet a breakdown but must be getting close.

As an outsider looking in it seems highly peculiar and why you would have such an asset and use him so sparingly and treat him in such a manner is hard to fathom.

No one is benefiting out of it as far as I can see and once again our club and strikers are a puzzle we cannot get right.

I wouldn't completely give up on him yet, but he needs a loan further down the league to acclimatise; a West Brom/Swansea-type, who'd value him and give us an insight as to whether he can ever find his feet in England.

Selling him at a significant loss this summer makes no sense; if he succeeds out on loan he can be reintegrated or sold for a decent price, if he fails elsewhere then the loss on him won't vary much from this summer to next.

Pocchettino is currently being very brutal with him; I wonder why?

Poch is only being brutal with him if your expectation is that he's an immediate first team player, based purely on his transfer fee.

If you consider him a development player who's expected to peak in 4-5 years' time then the way he's been in & out of the squad is perfectly normal.

Is Poch being ruthless & brutal towards Onomah? Edwards? CCV?

Perhaps my expectations of Janssen were different to the majority; I spoke to a lot of Dutch fans when we were signing him and every one of them said he's a real talent but the jump from AZ to Spurs is a big one; he'd have done better to have spent two seasons at Ajax first.

So, I believe, it will take a season or two before he starts performing, and I'm happy to wait. For all we know Poch is on that same page.

I genuinely don't know what (or who) Poch expected Janssen to do (become) in those two minutes... Ronaldo, Messi, Pele and Maradona in their prime would struggle with that level of unrealistic expectation!

...maybe he had a feeling that Vinny had two goals in him... he probably has, but they'll come spread out during the rest of the season, not 2 in 2 minutes as was 'expected of him' last night!

Perhaps it's a type of 'Mental breaking' exercise they use in Guantanamo??

I genuinely don't know what (or who) Poch expected Janssen to do (become) in those two minutes... Ronaldo, Messi, Pele and Maradona in their prime would struggle with that level of unrealistic expectation!

...maybe he had a feeling that Vinny had two goals in him... he probably has, but they'll come spread out during the rest of the season, not 2 in 2 minutes as was 'expected of him' last night!

Perhaps it's a type of 'Mental breaking' exercise they use in Guantanamo??

Only Jesus can perform those kind of miracles in such a short amount of time.......
:pochlol:

If you consider him a development player who's expected to peak in 4-5 years' time...

So we go through last season with one striker, trying to cover this up with drivel like "Chadli can be our False 9" and "Son can play where Kane does", realise the error of our ways and buy a second striker for £17 million, but somehow manage to get one who might not be fit for purpose for another four or five years time?

Great plan

He's a poor signing. But, 17m isn't the massive fee it used to be. As supporters we probably need to recalibrate our expectations versus cost.

He should be performing better but I think we give him another season in the squad and seek to bring in some real quality up front in the summer.

Dembele from Celtic - the striker we should have bought while he was at Fulham

didn't Jack Walker actually have cash, unlike Leeds who did it all on Mastercard?

I was referring to the stupid money part. They broke the transfer record 3 times in the early 90's, and spent some £25m in the first few seasons Walker bought the club. He openly said he would spend so much it would make Man Utd weep.

That's in a time where Eric Cantona cost £1.2m and you won £815,210 for winning the Premier League.

I was referring to the stupid money part. They broke the transfer record 3 times in the early 90's, and spent some £25m in the first few seasons Walker bought the club. He openly said he would spend so much it would make Man Utd weep.

That's in a time where Eric Cantona cost £1.2m and you won £815,210 for winning the Premier League.

Ah the old days, before the TV money really ruined it. Local business men buying their childhood clubs and bankrolling them as a hobby.

Ah the old days, before the TV money really ruined it. Local business men buying their childhood clubs and bankrolling them as a hobby.

I'm half tempted to make a 'transfer index' or sorts - a bit of comparative analysis of transfers and finances from the first PL season to today.

That shit must be fucking with his head. The lad needs to be instilled with confidence, be given every opportunity to play to his ability, not always come on in the 88th min.

I'm pretty sure his contract is appearance related, so it might be argued that Poch is trying to do him a favour with these odd little cameos. Just a thought.

Back
Top Bottom