Vincent Janssen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Because amazingly, video has been invented.

I didn't see Janssen last season no but I've seen him this season and he hasn't been good enough. Shows no redeeming qualities at all besides being able to strike a mean penalty. Pochettino clearly feels the same when he's not even starting him in cup competitions and bringing him on with 3 minutes to go.

I think you underestimate having someone with pace up front. We hoof the ball up field a lot. Usually to Rose and Walker, but when we're penned in like we were against City and Liverpool, our long balls pretty much meant we had another wave coming at us. Having someone with pace to run at a defence and run into the channels is important and shouild ALWAYS have been a key trait for a second string striker.

It seems you just chat shit mate! You hadn't seen him play last season, but before we signed him you had, and he looked good? but it didn't count as it was only on video?

Funny how you say the pressure would be off for him if we signed him as he is young and a backup for Kane, yet you wanting him gone before end of season?

It seems you just chat shit mate! You hadn't seen him play last season, but before we signed him you had, and he looked good? but it didn't count as it was only on video?

Funny how you say the pressure would be off for him if we signed him as he is young and a backup for Kane, yet you wanting him gone before end of season?

YouTube is a wonderful website with many compilations and footage of football players. I saw him THIS season through clips of last season. Not sure what's hard to grasp here. You're not an Woolwich fan are you?

I don't watch Eredivisie nor do I want to - so I was never going to go out of my way to watch AZ of all teams.

It seems a bit pointless discussing whether he needs another season or 5 seasons to come good when it looks like Poch has totally given up on him.
When Poch washes his hands with a player , they've gone.

It seems a bit pointless discussing whether he needs another season or 5 seasons to come good when it looks like Poch has totally given up on him.
When Poch washes his hands with a player , they've gone.

Pretty much this at the end of the day.

Can't think of any other player who Pochettino has lost faith in who's come back into the team and made any sort of difference.

Players Poch has given up on do not even make the bench. Coming on when we were 4-0 up and tiring after cup matches and had to replace our 2 main CB's was not an ideal time to introduce Janssen. He would have got no service and unlikely to have improved his position. He is unlikely to get another start unless Kane gets injured but I would not rule out a sub from the bench when we are pressing for a goal. His chances are likely to be few and he needs to take any opportunity given or I think he will be replaced.

YouTube is a wonderful website with many compilations and footage of football players. I saw him THIS season through clips of last season. Not sure what's hard to grasp here. You're not an Woolwich fan are you?
Pav looked world-class in YouTube complications

You really, really are remarkably daft

Last edited:
Its easy to discard the players Poch does not like, But this is £19M wasted if it was a 1 off, it would not be too bad, but its 3 players this season = £70m inc wages
last season it was Njie = £11m inc wages,
for me Poch must have some involvement in asking for these players, and his role in picking players needs to be questioned

I don't watch Eredivisie nor do I want to - so I was never going to go out of my way to watch AZ of all teams.

So how did you rate him before we signed him?
It's cause you chat shit one way or another....

Are you fucking kidding me? Do you want it sending in a post card or are you acting special on purpose?

What makes me believe he'd be more than a Luuk de Jong looks to be his overall play.

De Jong was at best a poacher in the Dutch league. Janssen looks like he provides a lot more and has more to his game. Pressure is slightly off him too considering he's coming to be someone who will be behind Kane.

I didn't see Janssen last season no but I've seen him this season and he hasn't been good enough. Shows no redeeming qualities at all besides being able to strike a mean penalty. Pochettino clearly feels the same when he's not even starting him in cup competitions and bringing him on with 3 minutes to go.

I think you underestimate having someone with pace up front. We hoof the ball up field a lot. Usually to Rose and Walker, but when we're penned in like we were against City and Liverpool, our long balls pretty much meant we had another wave coming at us. Having someone with pace to run at a defence and run into the channels is important and shouild ALWAYS have been a key trait for a second string striker.

Not sure how you would have known this if you never saw him play

:sonpoint:

How is this hard to understand, apparently you never saw him play last season, but you were posting on the thread how good he looks before we signed him, so either A you saw him play last season before we signed him, or B you were again chatting shit....
And when I ask you how you can rate him you rep,y

So if you saw him on video before we signed him, surely you saw him play last season, whether on video or not.....

maybe you want me to send this on a post card....
Just admit you rated him before we signed him, thought he would be ok as he was young and a understudy to Kane and would get the time to settle in, but low and behold you are one of the first cunts on here to start slagging him off half way through a season....
Any way I got better things to do then give the time of day to vermin such as your self, just nice to show you for the cunt you are.....

How is this hard to understand, apparently you never saw him play last season, but you were posting on the thread how good he looks before we signed him, so either A you saw him play last season before we signed him, or B you were again chatting shit....
And when I ask you how you can rate him you rep,y

So if you saw him on video before we signed him, surely you saw him play last season, whether on video or not.....

maybe you want me to send this on a post card....
Just admit you rated him before we signed him, thought he would be ok as he was young and a understudy to Kane and would get the time to settle in, but low and behold you are one of the first cunts on here to start slagging him off half way through a season....
Any way I got better things to do then give the time of day to vermin such as your self, just nice to show you for the cunt you are.....

Go back to the last season. Picture the moment. It's March 2016. I have never watched a game of AZ all season. I hadn't even heard of the guy. This is LAST season, you know? When we were contending for the title.

Now fast forward a little bit to July time when we were LINKED with Janssen. Pre-Season was underway across the country. THIS season. YouTube clips OF last season were up. I watched them, as people have said Pavlycuhenko could even look good on a YouTube clip. I gave Janssen the benefit of the doubt as his clips tended to show more than his goals and showed some creative build up play

So to clarify. Throughout LAST season as in the season BEFORE this one, I hadn't seen him play. DURING the start of this season before we signed him, I watched clips of him. THEREFORE, I watched clips of him this season which showed last seasons highlights.

Easy.

Go back to the last season. Picture the moment. It's March 2016. I have never watched a game of AZ all season. I hadn't even heard of the guy. This is LAST season, you know? When we were contending for the title.

Now fast forward a little bit to July time when we were LINKED with Janssen. Pre-Season was underway across the country. THIS season. YouTube clips OF last season were up. I watched them, as people have said Pavlycuhenko could even look good on a YouTube clip. I gave Janssen the benefit of the doubt as his clips tended to show more than his goals and showed some creative build up play

So to clarify. Throughout LAST season as in the season BEFORE this one, I hadn't seen him play. DURING the start of this season before we signed him, I watched clips of him. THEREFORE, I watched clips of him this season which showed last seasons highlights.

Easy.

So you did see him play last season then.... wow was that so hard to admit! There is no need to lie you know!!!

END OF........

Back
Top Bottom