Vincent Janssen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm pretty sure his contract is appearance related, so it might be argued that Poch is trying to do him a favour with these odd little cameos. Just a thought.
Guess that doesnt include FA cup game then when we subbed our only striker on 75 minutes and brought on Sissoko.....

I think for a sub, even if you only make it off the bench for a few minutes it's less depressing than getting all dressed up with nowhere to go... Maybe he is just trying to make them feel part of the team, introduce them without all the pressure, trying to build their confidence up?

Why did we buy this guy if Poch clearly hates him? Could have come on with 30 mins remaining and spare Kane in a game which was long won? Another 20mil pissed away - same with Stambouli, Njie and probably Nkoudou. Can't imagine Levy appreciates this kind of asset management

Absolutely bizarre treatment - what on earth happened here?

With a situation like Jansen's, you either back him all the way, or keep him out of the action altogether - no middle ground. Poch has obviously chosen the former. It's a cruel game sometimes.

Why did we buy this guy if Poch clearly hates him? Could have come on with 30 mins remaining and spare Kane in a game which was long won? Another 20mil pissed away - same with Stambouli, Njie and probably Nkoudou. Can't imagine Levy appreciates this kind of asset management

Absolutely bizarre treatment - what on earth happened here?
I think levy appreciates success on the pitch which our manager is delivering.

When Janssen is flogged in the summer (something you ridiculed me on when i said it months back) you should piss off to the forum of his new club.

I think levy appreciates success on the pitch which our manager is delivering.

When Janssen is flogged in the summer (something you ridiculed me on when i said it months back) you should piss off to the forum of his new club.

Levy likes success & the game was won in the 1st 45mins.

Sadly I really am beginning to think that Poch has given up on him. That makes me a bit sad as he's still Spurs & hasn't acted up. I told myself today that the forced substitutions limited Pochs decision on using the last sub & maybe bringing Vincent on for the time Son had would only put more pressure on the lad. That said, the Fulham game would have been perfect so , yup my only logical conclusion is that Pochs given up.

#bringbackbobby

Only kidding. But Janssen mustn't be cutting it in training either.

I'm sure Levy doesn't care, he'll probably find a way to sell him for more somehow

The subs were decided by injuries/tactics not who needs game time. The exception was Son who deserves a few minutes more than Janssen. We did not score in the second half and I have no reason to believe we would have done so if Janssen had come on. Toby went off injured and if Janssen had come on for Vertonghan it would have pushed Kane into midfield. Using the 3rd sub earlier was a risk.

Cya Vinny.

We need to get it right with our striker purchase now and not settle for the next best option. Soldado and Jansen have cost 45m and got about 3 open play premier league goals between them (in nearly 3 seasons of football combined) which is pathetic to say the least.

Just sign a youngster who is quick and has a solid goal scoring record. Don't care what league. Dembele from Fulham at the time for example, was quick, solid goalscoring record and would have given us something different.

I see we were linked with Jean-Kevin Augustin. No idea who he was but he's from PSG, He is 20 this year, unbelievable goalscoring record for French youth and PSG youth. Won't be as expensive the likes of Mbappe etc. would and he would give us something different. Young, hungry, quick and clearly can finish.

I reckon Vinny could thrive in Scotland...

Cheeky phone call to Celtic to arrange a swap with (the other) Dembele anyone???

I'm almost semi-serious!

According to a Fulham fan I know Dembele won't make it in the top leagues either - is too slow, but you just don't see it in Scotland.

According to a Fulham fan I know Dembele won't make it in the top leagues either - is too slow, but you just don't see it in Scotland.

He's been a menace in the Champions League too though? I actually want Dembele to leave and tear it up wherever he goes next season just because the whole 'Scottish football is shit, you can never be good if you play in Scotland' narrative is well and truly buried.

Dembele would be an upgrade on Janssen, a big fat upgrade at that. One has pace for a start, which offers us more than what Janssen does.He's also younger and he was probably actually WANTED by Pochettino as opposed to lumbered into signing this oil tanker by Mitchell.

If true I'm not surprised. He's not getting any minutes, even when we're cruising at 4-0. He must not be making any attempt to impress Poch.

Doubt we'll recover the £19m, but £10m would be a good return. Use that towards a striker who knows the league.

Back
Top Bottom