Vincent Janssen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm not saying he is the same as Viduka but the way he plays – leaning into players and holding them off is very similar. You can't compare a player at his peak with a player new to a league and still quite young. I just see a similar playing style. Also difficult when you come into a team pushing for top four as the understudy to a fan favourite.

Lets not forget Viduka played in a team bankrolled by debt and perhaps the first team to spend stupid money – £18M for Rio, that's still a bucket load of cash today for a defender we only paid £11.5 for Toby.

I'm not saying he is the same as Viduka but the way he plays – leaning into players and holding them off is very similar. You can't compare a player at his peak with a player new to a league and still quite young. I just see a similar playing style. Also difficult when you come into a team pushing for top four as the understudy to a fan favourite.

Lets not forget Viduka played in a team bankrolled by debt and perhaps the first team to spend stupid money – £18M for Rio, that's still a bucket load of cash today for a defender we only paid £11.5 for Toby.

Umm no.

Blackburn. Jack Walker.

Just watch the fucking game and stop making petty points!

Wanyama proved himself at Solon before he came to us

Dembele might be good but he's proven fuck all so far!

I actually do feel sorry for him to be honest - I refuse to believe he doesn't try in training because when he comes on the pitch he doesn't give that impression. Pochettino can be real ruthless and we know that with the way he dropped Capoue, Kaboul and Adebayor like it was nothing but when we're needing goals, I'd much rather Janssen than Sissoko or N'Koudou.

Bringing him on for 3 minutes every 2 weeks is just a fucking joke really. Kind of thing you do for an academy player who is buzzing to even see the pitch, not a player who you have brought with real hopes for (with a significant price tag). Being mis-managed in my eyes.

That shit must be fucking with his head. The lad needs to be instilled with confidence, be given every opportunity to play to his ability, not always come on in the 88th min.

Poch is destroying him.

Telling him an hour before the Gent game last week that he has to sit in the stands as he's not needed.

Not playing him against Fullham at all, despite being 3-0 up.

Bringing him on as soon as the game is out of reach tonight, giving him 2 minutes.

I think the way Janssen has been treated the past week has been awful. You can't expect a player to feel confident or happy when he's treated that way. Not on imo.

Poch is destroying him.

Telling him an hour before the Gent game last week that he has to sit in the stands as he's not needed.

Not playing him against Fullham at all, despite being 3-0 up.

Bringing him on as soon as the game is out of reach tonight, giving him 2 minutes.

I think the way Janssen has been treated the past week has been awful. You can't expect a player to feel confident or happy when he's treated that way. Not on imo.

It's definitely a weird one. I was stunned when he wasn't put on against Fulham. We were coasting and it was a golden opportunity for him to bang one in and regain some confidence. Not only good for him, but for the whole squad. Then he gets 2 minutes tonight, no real chance to make any difference but with way more pressure. Bizarre.

£19m down the toilet, we paid £19M for a lad who has had 1 good season, if it had been £10M not a problem, but it was £19M
we could have had the other dembele for £1/2M, yet we let him go

Back
Top Bottom