Victor Wanyama

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I mean, he's not mentioning anything on Twitter about his injury. Just saying he's happy with his goal, how he's proud of being captain and happy with the win.

Here's hoping it was nothing but precaution.

I don’t know why he went anyway. He’s obviously not fit enough.
Yet he did, and they were 2 up in the first 30 mins, and still were up until he scored in the 67th minute.

Should have been off the pitch and resting at an hour, or straight off after netting the 3rd.

I don’t know why he went anyway. He’s obviously not fit enough.
Yet he did, and they were 2 up in the first 30 mins, and still were up until he scored in the 67th minute.

Should have been off the pitch and resting at an hour, or straight off after netting the 3rd.

It's a joke that there are three sets of internationals from world cup to christmas tbh

Injuries like this will always happen to a player like Wanyama as:
- he is their star player, so they will always pick him
- they don't have the same level of medical / sports science, so won't know when to protect him
- they don't actually need him for another month.....so won't naturally be as protective of him

It's odd though isnt it.

We want players to play games to get fit - but moan at international football because we don't care about the countries they play for. We are all clamouring for Wanyama, Winks etc. to get game time to gain match sharpness, yet absolutely moan when they do play incase of injury (When they could get injured playing for us too..) for example if there wasn't international games this week, Spurs would have been playing and Kane, Winks, Dier, Alderweireld etc. would all have played (and at risk of injury)

I hope it isn't serious and considering it only seems to be Spurs fans worrying, it probably isnt. Wanyama hasnt played much football so feeling a bit of tightness was to be expected.

It's odd though isnt it.

We want players to play games to get fit - but moan at international football because we don't care about the countries they play for. We are all clamouring for Wanyama, Winks etc. to get game time to gain match sharpness, yet absolutely moan when they do play incase of injury (When they could get injured playing for us too..) for example if there wasn't international games this week, Spurs would have been playing and Kane, Winks, Dier, Alderweireld etc. would all have played (and at risk of injury)

I hope it isn't serious and considering it only seems to be Spurs fans worrying, it probably isnt. Wanyama hasnt played much football so feeling a bit of tightness was to be expected.

The major difference is being in control of the amount of game time, when it happens and where (i.e. pitch, facilities etc).

Spurs spend weeks managing the fitness of players like Dembele, Belgium don't pick him in the world cup......but will happily play him for 90 minutes in every meaningless friendly during the season.

& if there were no Internationals at all this week then the PL season could have started a week later....

The major difference is being in control of the amount of game time, when it happens and where (i.e. pitch, facilities etc).

Spurs spend weeks managing the fitness of players like Dembele, Belgium don't pick him in the world cup......but will happily play him for 90 minutes in every meaningless friendly during the season.

& if there were no Internationals at all this week then the PL season could have started a week later....

Umm, not that it would have been the main point of the post, but Moose very much went to the world cup...

It's odd though isnt it.

Yes I would agree.
Yet the situation is completely different now.
Wanyama and Winks cannot break down again. We will be fucked.
If Dele, Dembele, Eriksen were all on it, then yes.
But we need to be very careful.
Winks I doubt will get any game time anyway. I’d be surprised if he gets 20mins.
Spain will probably go to the finals.
It’s a must not lose game tonight for England. Another loss and could be fighting relegation with Croatia last game,

Yes I would agree.
Yet the situation is completely different now.
Wanyama and Winks cannot break down again. We will be fucked.
If Dele, Dembele, Eriksen were all on it, then yes.
But we need to be very careful.
Winks I doubt will get any game time anyway. I’d be surprised if he gets 20mins.
Spain will probably go to the finals.
It’s a must not lose game tonight for England. Another loss and could be fighting relegation with Croatia last game,

Winks, Dier, Kane and Trippier are all starting tonight.

Back
Top Bottom