Victor Wanyama

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yes I would agree.
Yet the situation is completely different now.
Wanyama and Winks cannot break down again. We will be fucked.
If Dele, Dembele, Eriksen were all on it, then yes.
But we need to be very careful.
Winks I doubt will get any game time anyway. I’d be surprised if he gets 20mins.
Spain will probably go to the finals.
It’s a must not lose game tonight for England. Another loss and could be fighting relegation with Croatia last game,
Just when you think you have suffered as much heartbreak and disappointment with England as possible we can now also get relegated

:dierno:

So that confirms it. Big Vic is done then?

Looked like he'd pissed off Adebayors mum yesterday. An absolute shadow of himself. Another DM consigned to the knackers yard.

Will be pouring some spaghetti on the pavement for him tonight.

Poch has a hand in this, imv - hardly ever played after his injury in order to build up fitness again

Or maybe everyone at the club knows hes crocked, and there is no point.

As usual i put faith in the sports scientists at our club with their reams and reams of data over wild unsubstantiated speculation on here.

Poch has a hand in this, imv - hardly ever played after his injury in order to build up fitness again

Considering his form pre-injury (and the fact Poch signed him as one of his former 'boys'), why on earth would the gaffer NOT want him back (if possible)?

Read my comment - I'm referring post injury

I'm aware of that, but since the main injury it's just been a cycle of recover, train, play, look shit, declared injured, repeat.

THUS... The original injury is the watershed. Performances prior to that being the benchmark...

Semantics aside, what of my comments are you at odds with here?

Your original comment about Poch was nonsense.... You insinuated that Poch has ruined Vic cos he wouldn't play him despite being shit in his rare appearances since his big injury? (...Further, your phrasing suggested you believe a degree of intent too... Benefit of the doubt there however.)

Are you condoning it be standard policy to play unfit, under-performing players ahead of fit ones?

What's your underlying point?

He preferred Wanyama before his serious injury but preferred Dier after..... why could that be i wonder?

tenor.gif

I'm aware of that, but since the main injury it's just been a cycle of recover, train, play, look shit, declared injured, repeat.

THUS... The original injury is the watershed. Performances prior to that being the benchmark...

Semantics aside, what of my comments are you at odds with here?

Your original comment about Poch was nonsense.... You insinuated that Poch has ruined Vic cos he wouldn't play him despite being shit in his rare appearances since his big injury? (...Further, your phrasing suggested you believe a degree of intent too... Benefit of the doubt there however.)

Are you condoning it be standard policy to play unfit, under-performing players ahead of fit ones?

What's your underlying point?
Did you even read my posts? Your reply suggests otherwise. I believe Vic should have played more after his first but injury in order to regain fitness and form. I believe that being constantly benched instead has contributed to his current condition

Did you even read my posts? Your reply suggests otherwise. I believe Vic should have played more after his first but injury in order to regain fitness and form. I believe that being constantly benched instead has contributed to his current condition

Which was part of my above interpretation.

The same question remains:

If not then why you playing the blame game?

Such a shame if he is totally knackered - he was such a vital part of the team when he first arrived. Not going to be easy to replace him.

Which was part of my above interpretation.

The same question remains:

If not then why you playing the blame game?
My policy is to ‘play’ players back to fitness following injury

Keep up guys ... Wanyama took a knock to his other knee against West Ham, he's already back in full training and should be available if selected for Crystal Palace on Saturday ...

It takes a while to get full fitness back, it's not at all unusual to get a minor injury elsewhere as the body adjusts, Victor's not ready for the scrapheap just yet ... he's only 27 ....

Keep up guys ... Wanyama took a knock to his other knee against West Ham, he's already back in full training and should be available if selected for Crystal Palace on Saturday ...

It takes a while to get full fitness back, it's not at all unusual to get a minor injury elsewhere as the body adjusts, Victor's not ready for the scrapheap just yet ... he's only 27 ....

I hope he comes back looking like his old self, but it's been what 16 months since he looked decent? That knee injuries killed his career at this level I fear he's lost his pace and power that made him what he was before and those things are unfortunately things that can't be coached back.

Back
Top Bottom