Victor Wanyama

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm not prepared to write the big man off just yet. He was so important his first season with us and the game these days is a squad game. I've seen people write players like Lamela off after numerous long term injuries only for him to come back and stamp his mark again, as long as Victor wears our colours I'll back him and trust the managers judgement. Really hoping he shakes this off and gets a spell where he can find his stride again because when he does he is a great asset that'll only make us stronger

West Ham like an injured passed it player.

Wanyama made such a significant impact. Very much our destroyer and helped the strength and balance of the team and protected the defence like a demon.

Unlike Rose he has also never gone to print (to my knowledge) slating our club.

Hard to return to previous times but fingers crossed.

This is disappointing for multiple reasons

Great DM

Great personality that I'm sure no opposing team enjoyed seeing on the team sheet

Great club guy, no contract hassles or negativity

Great asset value to the club

It's unbelievably frustrating this is happening with Big Vic

He has until the end of the season to sort himself out if that is possible. If he is not fit we are restricted on foreign player numbers and if not sold, we are limited in purchases unless like Janssen he is sidelined and not included on the lists and cannot play but still get paid.
Hope a good solution is found but there is still time.

I'm not prepared to write the big man off just yet. He was so important his first season with us and the game these days is a squad game. I've seen people write players like Lamela off after numerous long term injuries only for him to come back and stamp his mark again, as long as Victor wears our colours I'll back him and trust the managers judgement. Really hoping he shakes this off and gets a spell where he can find his stride again because when he does he is a great asset that'll only make us stronger

I hope your right but a knee ligament injury is a hard one to ever recover from this will be 2.5 seasons now he's been trying to recover from it. We have some of the best medical and training facilities in the world and it would seem even we are struggling with it. Think we should give him to the end of the season and of he still ain't ever gonna be the same look at selling him abroad. He takes up a foriegn spot and decent wages, so we can't afford to be carrying him unfortunately

I hope your right but a knee ligament injury is a hard one to ever recover from this will be 2.5 seasons now he's been trying to recover from it. We have some of the best medical and training facilities in the world and it would seem even we are struggling with it. Think we should give him to the end of the season and of he still ain't ever gonna be the same look at selling him abroad. He takes up a foriegn spot and decent wages, so we can't afford to be carrying him unfortunately

Selling broken (or ageing*) players isn't as easy as that....

(*Also see Llorente).

Vinny & GKN still being here tells a similar story.

Selling broken (or ageing*) players isn't as easy as that....

(*Also see Llorente).

Vinny & GKN still being here tells a similar story.

Most PL teams struggle to sell abroad or to lower leagues due to how high the wages are here. Vic probably earns 60k a week at a guess if he's knackered he ain't gonna get that anywhere else unless we sell for a low price something we know Levy is reluctant to do

Most PL teams struggle to sell abroad or to lower leagues due to how high the wages are here. Vic probably earns 60k a week at a guess if he's knackered he ain't gonna get that anywhere else unless we sell for a low price something we know Levy is reluctant to do

More importantly in the case of Vic, we're relying on any interested party being ignorant of his fitness issues.

If he's constantly in rehab he's missing out on match bonuses anyway, he can be released from contract with probably some kind of compensation clause.

Back
Top Bottom