Victor Wanyama

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Must have some form of good technical skill to do the above, Poch will only make him better

True but I think it's more the fact we have a player who even on a shit day will get stuck in and impact through pure physical presence.

Mason and Carroll couldn't player either the DM or pivot role, as soon as we came under pressure they disappeared. I remember one game with Carroll thinking we where only playing one midfielder as there was Dier and no one else as Carroll might as well have sat with me in the stands.

Mason and Carroll might be ok further up the pitch as replacements for Eriksen but our system requires two athletic powerful players sitting in front of the defence allowing the attackers and full backs to drive forward. Only Bentaleb IMO was suitable and he was either injured or off form compared to the previous season.

Now hopefully we won't get pushed over when either Dier or Demebele are not available.

Whilst I have not seen the reasons for the cards, it could be last ditch tackles because Southampton were under pressure. Playing for a better team may mean that he does not have to make so many rash challenges.

Those I recall have mostly been rash challenges, leading with the studs and the like. Rather than "good" professional free kicks.

Edit: Obviously, there's a tendency not to remember a yellow for pulling back an opponent to stop a counter, so those may well be the majority of the cards. But I maintain, he has a tendency towards nasty tackles, that he'll need to adjust somewhat. We commit a lot of free kicks which we get away with because they're mostly small ones, breaking up the opponent's play. Bring nasty free kicks into that mix, and refs will start looking at us more harshly overall imo.

Really satisfying to (hopefully) get this done after they refused to let him join us last summer.

Never had much of an opinion about Southampton until the Poch saga and I quite enjoy their hatred towards us now. (Why they don't detest Liverpool in the same way after they bought all of their players is a mystery to me)

The fact that they're selling us Wanyama through gritted teeth makes me rather happy.

He is still one of my best mates, he is actually staying with me as he has split up from his wife.....he obviously doesnt know, but his sister does. It was on the night of his wedding, to which i was best man.
Are you letting him stay at yours out of guilt? Can't really be your best mate if you have fucked his mum and he doesn't know. Not best mate enough to come clean and be understood and forgiven?
I suppose you're the kind of man who 'keeps and eye' on his mate's bird whilst he's in the nick.

I don't know how he is starting ahead of Danilo Pereira who is more complete imo

Different kind of players... William Carvalho is more comfortable with long passes with the ball making himself the first line of the offensive process. Danilo is more reliable defensively and has more intensity throughout the 90 minutes than William but he likes to give up the ball earlier in the offensive play.
I like Danilo more because he can multitask and delivers equally in both halves.
The decision comes down to the coach, but our social media is a little biased to non-Porto players.

Wanyama is a very good signing though, Champions League experience and an awesome player to have in the squad, it´s always great to increase our depth and not decreasing the quality of the players at the same time.

Really satisfying to (hopefully) get this done after they refused to let him join us last summer.

Never had much of an opinion about Southampton until the Poch saga and I quite enjoy their hatred towards us now. (Why they don't detest Liverpool in the same way after they bought all of their players is a mystery to me)

The fact that they're selling us Wanyama through gritted teeth makes me rather happy.
From what I know it started with Hoddle leaving them to becoming our manager (as if their club could have a magic hold over him and stop him managing his boyhood club he played for nearly 400 hundred times for). Hoddle had got them playing OK football, and there was a sense of stability being created. Four years latter they were relegated having gone backwards the subsequent years after he left. We pissed them off even more when Hoddle took Dean Richards from them the same summer. This and the fact that their rivals, Portsmouth were not in the same league they used this stuff as a feeble excuse to turn to us.
More lately they also got all shitty about us singing Spurs Go Marching on, the reality is we sing it far better than them and it stings. Garath Bale. Poch. Toby and now Wanyamma and until this year, they hadn't beaten us for something like 15yrs or something.
You gotta laugh though. hehe.

Don't like comparing stats like these as they lack any context & different jobs e.g Dembele but hey ho FWIW:
ClZ7EejWQAAzZKt.jpg

Southampton fans hatred of us goes back to the days we poached Hoddle from them followed by Dean Richards (RIP). Think we were labelled North London Yobbos by Rupert Lowe. :levywtf:

Back
Top Bottom