Victor Wanyama

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

From what I know it started with Hoddle leaving them to becoming our manager (as if their club could have a magic hold over him and stop him managing his boyhood club he played for nearly 400 hundred times for). Hoddle had got them playing OK football, and there was a sense of stability being created. Four years latter they were relegated having gone backwards the subsequent years after he left. We pissed them off even more when Hoddle took Dean Richards from them the same summer. This and the fact that their rivals, Portsmouth were not in the same league they used this stuff as a feeble excuse to turn to us.
More lately they also got all shitty about us singing Spurs Go Marching on, the reality is we sing it far better than them and it stings. Garath Bale. Poch. Toby and now Wanyamma and until this year, they hadn't beaten us for something like 15yrs or something.
You gotta laugh though. hehe.

Whoops doubled posted what you already said Guido 🇺🇦 Guido 🇺🇦 :levyeyes:

Be interesting to see how him and Dier play together in first few games with Dembele out.
(Assuming that is the case)

Okay, I gotta be a bastard here, and ask again because I've posted just 10 or 20 post before this, why I believe, they won't start together, leaving it as an open question why people believe so? Not to be a cunt on purpose but because I'm honestly interested in what makes so many on here thinking, they will?

Okay, I gotta be a bastard here, and ask again because I've posted just 10 or 20 post before this, why I believe, they won't start together, leaving it as an open question why people believe so? Not to be a cunt on purpose but because I'm honestly interested in what makes so many on here thinking, they will?
Because their both footballers, so i think it's possible.;)

Given our inexperience in the side I quite like whet Wanyama's can bring:
Wanyama:
Premier League Games - 80
Champions League - 15 (+ 1 goal & win against Barca)
Dier:
Premier League Games 65
Champions League 0 (13 EL)

Given our inexperience in the side I quite like whet Wanyama's can bring:
Wanyama:
Premier League Games - 80
Champions League - 15 (+ 1 goal & win against Barca)
Dier:
Premier League Games 65
Champions League 0 (13 EL)
plus 3 or 4 suspensions per year.

Deal-with-it-GIF_1.gif

Actually didn't pick up a single red the two previous years.

By that standard, it's also possible that Trippier and Davies will play as wingers :pochlol:

Discussion has to be based on how our manager actually likes his football played. Otherwise it's kinda pointless.
Gibbs might give you a good argument about the wingers.
We are likely to have 3 players Moose, Dier, Wanyama vying for 2 places, i don't believe Poch would sanction buying a player that he feels can't play with either of the other 2. That's my take on it but it's just an opinion like everyone elses.

I expect that in some Champions League away games, we'll want to play with 2 holding midfielders, maybe at some PL away matches too.

He had 2 last year for 2 red cards. Picked up 10 yellows the year before, so 2 suspensions dependant on when he picked them up. Under Poch he picked up 7 yellows so 1 game ban? He's likely to be rotated with Dier and Dembele so shouldn't be an issue.

Last edited:
It's just because we're all madly in love with Dier :dierno:

The assumption, I feel, is that Dier has been doing so well, that he's going to be next to impossible to dismantle from the position. But of course, you're right in that anyone Poch brings in (who's not clearly a youth player) will be of a mindset to win a place.

Where I do think, you're wrong is that he could play alongside Dier. I keep seeing people saying this. You brought "didn't pay too much attention to the squad last year" into it. I do think, I paid attention, and I cannot recall Poch playing two defensive mids in any match. Last year or any time before that. So when did my attention slip? And what makes you think, he'll do it all of a sudden?
He could well do it after all those leads we let slip.

It's just because we're all madly in love with Dier :dierno:

The assumption, I feel, is that Dier has been doing so well, that he's going to be next to impossible to dismantle from the position. But of course, you're right in that anyone Poch brings in (who's not clearly a youth player) will be of a mindset to win a place.

Where I do think, you're wrong is that he could play alongside Dier. I keep seeing people saying this. You brought "didn't pay too much attention to the squad last year" into it. I do think, I paid attention, and I cannot recall Poch playing two defensive mids in any match. Last year or any time before that. So when did my attention slip? And what makes you think, he'll do it all of a sudden?

Well the "not paying much attention" comment was more about stressing the point that you don't know what our best XI will be next year. It's just the unpredictability of having an interchangeable squad and we saw that in the season just passed. That said I don't see why we wouldn't see Dier and VW in the same line up, because of injuries and suspensions or with (presumably) VW in a more offensive role.

I maybe it's the Champions League quarter final second leg at Wembley, and we're 2-0 up after the first leg so Potch drops in Dier and VW to protect the defence.

Back
Top Bottom