UCL - Red Star (A)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Based on those travelling, I think we'll see:

Gazza
Foyth -- Toby -- Sanchez -- Rose
Winks -- Ndombele
Lo Celso
Lucas-----------Dele
Kane
- Rose will probably come in for Davies unfortunately
- Son's head might not be right, can see him being benched for this
- Assuming Eriksen doesn't start and there being no Lamela, I think Lo Celso, Lucas and Dele feature
- Sissoko played the full 112 mins on the weekend so I could see the fresher Winks and Ndombele being brought in

Thought that Partizan supporters were Serbian as well. Eriksen is you best player apart from Kane si please do not play him. Make sure that Rose, Sissoko. Aurier and Winks are in the starting line up
I expect you want Spurs Black players involved so your lot can give them as much racist abuse as possible. do one wanker

Don’t want to be a cunt, but isn’t this ‘hope Sonny is ok’ stuff going a bit ott? He wasn’t the poor bastard laying on the turf with his ankle hanging off.

I really wouldn’t expect it to affect him. He’s a professional athlete.

Don’t want to be a cunt, but isn’t this ‘hope Sonny is ok’ stuff going a bit ott? He wasn’t the poor bastard laying on the turf with his ankle hanging off.

Sunday night, Monday would have been tough for him. He just seems the kind of person that would take everything to heart. Everton's statement yesterday saying Gomes operation had been done, was a success and should make a full recovery should very much sort his head out.

The only sport I can relate to such a situation seriously affecting a person in is boxing. It's a thin line between going out there and deliberately trying to knock somebody out and actually causing them serious brain damage. Should the boxer responsible continue to fight there surely has to be that nano second of delay before he throws another 'knockout' blow.

I think the sooner Son is allowed to visit Gomes in hospital and they discuss the matter amicably, with an apology from Son and it being (hopefully) gracefully accepted by Gomes, the sooner both can draw a line under the incident and move on.

The only sport I can relate to such a situation seriously affecting a person in is boxing. It's a thin line between going out there and deliberately trying to knock somebody out and actually causing them serious brain damage. Should the boxer responsible continue to fight there surely has to be that nano second of delay before he throws another 'knockout' blow.

I think the sooner Son is allowed to visit Gomes in hospital and they discuss the matter amicably, with an apology from Son and it being (hopefully) gracefully accepted by Gomes, the sooner both can draw a line under the incident and move on.

I think Boxing is a different kettle of fish. It must be very difficult to come to terms with the fact that you’ve beaten a man to death. Then again, I think they all accept it. It’s part of the rules. I mean, look at F1. All the drivers might be three foot high, but they’ve got serious stones to go out there every race considering the potential consequences.

Yes, Son would have been upset, but I really wouldn’t expect him to be affected. I’d imagine the Everton players would be more upset as they get reminded of it everyday.

I think Boxing is a different kettle of fish. It must be very difficult to come to terms with the fact that you’ve beaten a man to death. Then again, I think they all accept it. It’s part of the rules. I mean, look at F1. All the drivers might be three foot high, but they’ve got serious stones to go out there every race considering the potential consequences.

Yes, Son would have been upset, but I really wouldn’t expect him to be affected. I’d imagine the Everton players would be more upset as they get reminded of it everyday.

I agree. I think the actual shock of looking at the injury and realising just how bad it was had an immediate and profound effect on the lad and he was obviously quite distraught on the pitch. Being consoled by both Spurs and Everton players afterwards would have helped to ease the burden of responsibility. As a professional footballer he has to accept it happened and move on.

Personally I would play him Wednesday for two reasons. The first, as someone else posted on here earlier, is he needs to get back on the horse as quickly as possible and the second is the sooner he faces possible jibes and taunts from the opposition fans then the sooner he will learn to deal with them.

Back
Top Bottom