Tranmere Rovers F.C. v Tottenham Hotspur F.C - Friday 4th January, 2018, 19:45

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Gazzaniga
KWP - Foyth - Sanchez - Aurier
Skipp - Wanyama
Lucas - Dele - Nkoudou
Llorente

I'd literally rather play ANY player from the academy and development squads than Nkodou. Just sack the fucker already.

Alternatively, it'd be interesting to just draft in a random fan, give him a squad no. and start him alongside Llorente. Either way cannot be worse.

We will see some of our 'A' listers on the bench for this game but Walker Peters, Foyth, Llorente (why is he still here really?), Davies you would think (captain) and Skipp seemike definite starters if fit. Moura probably but then who?

As is Elvis Costello...

Interesting to see the debate around who may play. Half of me wants a fringe team giving us a chance and less potential for humiliation, other half would like to see a full team it’d be great to see the World Cup golden boot winner at Prenton Park.
This is what the cup is all about - giving other fans further down the pyramid a chance to see some household names, love it. Having said that, I suspect Poch will go half and half, with the rest of the 1st team on the bench, to come and rescue the game when we’re 3-0 down with 10 minutes to go. :kanegoal:

918qQKvp%2BnL._SY445_.jpg

This is what the cup is all about - giving other fans further down the pyramid a chance to see some household names, love it. Having said that, I suspect Poch will go half and half, with the rest of the 1st team on the bench, to come and rescue the game when we’re 3-0 down with 10 minutes to go. :kanegoal:

I'd probably take that!
If we somehow got a replay though, where would it be played? Too early for the new stadium?

Anyone going ? There's a pub on either side of the stadium. Think the Prenton is the "away" option.
I will be wearing a white rose.
:vdvdive:
Theres the fan zone in the directors car park. Away fans welcome. Better beers than in the pubs. Decent prices and can get food aswell. Big screens in there and sometimes live music.

Theres the fan zone in the directors car park. Away fans welcome. Better beers than in the pubs. Decent prices and can get food aswell. Big screens in there and sometimes live music.
Staying with an old mate who has lived on the Wirral for the last 30 years, showed him your post from yesterday, he's up for it so will probably take that option. Cheers for the heads up.

Think it was someone else who has taken the same screen name but always happy to help. The fanzone is run by the fans but the club allows it on their property. Any profits are given to the club so win all round. As well as having Tranmere season tickets, my lad is a big Spurs fan for some reason. Im putting it down to Harry Kane and the world cup etc. He is 6 and fit to burst ready for tomorrow. If we pull a miracle off and get a draw im already planning how im getting him out of school given my wife has said he cant go!

Think it was someone else who has taken the same screen name but always happy to help. The fanzone is run by the fans but the club allows it on their property. Any profits are given to the club so win all round. As well as having Tranmere season tickets, my lad is a big Spurs fan for some reason. Im putting it down to Harry Kane and the world cup etc. He is 6 and fit to burst ready for tomorrow. If we pull a miracle off and get a draw im already planning how im getting him out of school given my wife has said he cant go!
Fella i use to know worked the doors round north London and was a life long Tranmere fan,despite being born and bred in south London..No family connections at all.Saw a tranmere fan wearing a shirt as a kid,and that was it.
Credit where its due,it did go to the odd game and can't be accused of being a glory hunter :)
Obviously i hope we beat you Friday,but hope it's a good night for all attending :)

Last edited:

Yes, my mistake. It was Aldoes Moustache. Basically said the same as you. His opening line was "Tranmere fan in Peace". That's where I got confused. I'm an old duffer, that shit happens a lot.
:pochbye:

Back
Top Bottom