Tranmere Rovers F.C. v Tottenham Hotspur F.C - Friday 4th January, 2018, 19:45

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I guess Son starts then. We need to make the most of him.

Abso-fuckin-lutely!

I'd start: Lucas / Llorente / Son

Who plays behind them? Bit more tricky.... Skip and?

Rest whoever we're able to where the squad is thin. I suspect we'll still see Sissoko and one of Dele or Eriksen.

Would be great if Dembele and Vertonghen are ready for Chelsea away in the League Cup second leg.

A fit Demebele could be a huge boost!

Didn't realise Lamela was "ill" rather than injured... That's good news!

One would guess he'll be back by then too.

I hadn't realised that John Morrissey the old Tranmere player is the son of Johnny Morrissey the Everton player from the 70's. Well remember him playing at White Hart Lane in what was a good Everton side.

Dv_y8_5W0AAJwGM.jpg

Georgiou in training.

Jamie Bowden was also in training, another highly talented young midfielder.

Last edited:
Dv_y8_5W0AAJwGM.jpg

Georgiou in training.

Jamie Bowden was also in training, another highly talented young midfielder.

Alfie Whiteman (Gk) also trained with first team.

Jamie Bowden, a Carrick like midfield player) made one appearance in pre-season and several in the Checkatrade Trophy (u21's v League 1 and League 2 teams) so has some experience of playing against mens teams. Anthony Georgiou made an appearance last season again a Cypriot team in CL.

Poch has said he will play a strong team. We cannot afford to go out or get a replay. Finish it in the first half and then bring on the subs to rest players.

There are a lot of non-first team players who I am keen to see get the chance to play. But I don't want an entire B team as after last season I am very wary of us not taking these games seriously and ending up with replays. A good team to get through in ninety minutes, yo.

okay, now the official news on the homepage confirmed that no one from the list of
Dembele
Vertonghen
Lamela
Dier
Wanyama
can participate in cup

So... maybe smth like

------------Gazzaniga------------
KWP--Sanchez-Foyth-Aurier
-------Skipp---Winks------------
-Moura----Son-----N'Koudou-
-------------Llorente--------------

The main question for me really is who could play in the midfield. Sissoko has played 713 (out of 720 possible) in 25 days. All other CMs are yet to return. So maybe Winksy could take another game and we'll hope that against Chelsea we can use Dembele + Sissoko?

For me Skipp should be starting alongside Winks with Sissoko maybe coming on with 20-25 minutes left to give Winksy a rest.

Gazzaniga
Walker-Peters
Foyth
Sanchez
Davies
Skipp
Winks
Lucas
Dele
Son
Llorente

Bench
Vorm
Aurier if fit, if not Rose or Trippier
Alderweireld
Sissoko
Eriksen
Nkoudou
Parrott

Give Kane the weekend off, I don't even want to see him travelling to be honest. I'd have done the same with Eriksen as well if Lamela was fit

Poch has said he will play a strong team. We cannot afford to go out or get a replay. Finish it in the first half and then bring on the subs to rest players.

...so which is it to be??
A weak strong team, full strength and full of rotation!!
OR maybe he'll mix it up a bit?

I say this every 3rd round day... but if our Premier League squad players can't beat a League 2 team, then what hope do they have of pushing for a first team place, where they will be required to play against, and beat players infinitely better than the ones they'll be facing tonorrow night?

(and I'm not talking about Youth/Under-18's here... I mean FULLY FLEDGED, grown up Premier League footballers, who just happen not to be in the 1st team right now)

It's not being disrespectful to Tranmere to say that players (even squad players) from a Top 3 Premier League club SHOULD be better than the players from a League 2 side... it's just a statement of fact.
The fact they still have to PROVE that, and do a job tomorrow night is up to them.

Sounds like we will have seven strong substitutes, maybe Poch will limit first team starters to 45 minutes, keeps them match fit. My guess is start strong then rest, but he might go the other way around ...

Back
Top Bottom