Tranmere Rovers F.C. v Tottenham Hotspur F.C - Friday 4th January, 2018, 19:45

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Anyone going ? There's a pub on either side of the stadium. Think the Prenton is the "away" option.
I will be wearing a white rose.
:vdvdive:

Gazzaniga
Walker-Peters Sanchez Foyth Aurier
Skipp - Dele
Lucas - Lamela - N'Koudou
Llorente
We need to give Sissoko + Winks (5 starts in two weeks) a rest. We shouldn't need Kane, Eriksen and Son involved. And I've put N'Koudou in because it's ridiculous to give him a wage and not even play him against a League 2 team.

Given a need to rest lots of players before the game against Chelsea, the only players all but guaranteed to start are going to be the 7 subs from today :

Gazanigga, Walker-Peters, Davies (as either LB or CB), Foyth, Skipp, Moura, Llorente

Plus I think we might see 1 or 2 of returning injured players such Aurier, Dembele and Lamela involved - but really difficult to predict.

I think we'll see another first class AM starting - one of either Dele or Son as starter to ensure we get goals and probably Sanchez to partner Foyth to give solidity at the back.

I'd like to see Poch make better use of youth to rest players and help their development (as Fergie was excellent at ManU), maybe one starting and a couple on the bench. My guesses for these based upon their performances in Checkatrade Trophy (u21's v League 1 and 2 sides) or pre-season matches would be maybe 3 from Eyoma (CB). Tanganga (CB/LB), Oakley-Boothe (Mid), Marsh (DM) Roles (AM), Georgiou (LWB/LW) and Sterling (striker), with others such as Paris Maghoma *CM/AM) being less obvious choices.

Last edited:
- Gazzaniga -
- KWP - Foyth - Sanchez - Davies -
- Skipp - Lamela -
- Lucas - Son - GKN -
- Llorente -

Question - Does a player need to be registered in the league squad to play in the FA Cup?

- Gazzaniga -
- KWP - Foyth - Sanchez - Davies -
- Skipp - Lamela -
- Lucas - Son - GKN -
- Llorente -

Question - Does a player need to be registered in the league squad to play in the FA Cup?

As far as I am aware other than being registered to play with Spurs they do not need to be registered with PL or UEFA to play for Spurs in either FA Cup or League Cup

We must rotate but I do not expect to see anyone we have not seen before. The 7 subs today, Aurier should be back and maybe Lamela but not anyone else. That means some must play that played today but not all the match.
Gazza, Aurier, Foyth, Davies, KWP, Skipp, Eriksen, Lamela, Moura, Son, Llorente
The bench needs to be strong as we have had problems in the past when making so many changes.
Need to put this game to bed in first half and then bring Eriksen and Son off. Play a weaker team and we will be bringing on our big guns in the 2nd half to rescue it.

I think this is going to be a tough game.

Too many changes and it will be.

We all saw the Rochdale and Newport games last season.

Newport took us to a replay and they were 8th in League Two. Rochdale took us to a replay and they were 23rd in League One and had won about 5 league games all season.

Tranmere currently 9th in League Two. I'd expect another 'tricky' game on a shit pitch full of cloggers who just want to 'make history' by raising their game to a ridiculous level whilst kicking our best players.

I'd take a professional performance which sees us just dominate possession, get a goal and get out of there

Too many changes and it will be.

We all saw the Rochdale and Newport games last season.

Newport took us to a replay and they were 8th in League Two. Rochdale took us to a replay and they were 23rd in League One and had won about 5 league games all season.

Tranmere currently 9th in League Two. I'd expect another 'tricky' game on a shit pitch full of cloggers who just want to 'make history' by raising their game to a ridiculous level whilst kicking our best players.

I'd take a professional performance which sees us just dominate possession, get a goal and get out of there
Neither game was like that last season. Rochdale played good football. The matches keep our second XI fresh. These away games are also interesting for people who actually go and support the team.

Neither game was like that last season. Rochdale played good football. The matches keep our second XI fresh. These away games are also interesting for people who actually go and support the team.

More aimed at the Newport game.

Rochdale tried their best. Shit pitch that was re-laid a week or so before our game was absolutely terrible though. We destroyed them at Wembley but we could have done without either of the extra games.

Kane should setup a cot in the six yard box and then we just try to knock it in the goal off him. He scores and gets rest. Everyone wins!

Take this seriously, we've had a few close ones with Newport, Rochdale and Wycombe Wanderers!!!

Playing a C team would be an insult to both us and disrespectful towards Tramere.

Gazzaniga
Walker-Peters
Sanchez
Foyth
Davies
Skipp
Winks
Dele
Lamela
Lucas
Llorente

Vorm
Rose
Alderweireld
Sissoko
Eriksen
Son
Kane

Take Winks off after about 60 minutes for Sissoko, got to have the semi against Chelsea at the forefront of our minds its such an important fixture.

3-1 Spurs

Back
Top Bottom