Tottenham's 17/18 Champions league campaign

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Apparently it's to do with the homegrown rule, which surprises me as surely we have one of the biggest squads made up from homegrown talent, but I don't know the ins and outs of it all.
We have plenty but they are under 21 and they don't count towards the homegrown total.

Got my dortmund ticket through, only paid 75 for the 3 game package no booking fee and not currently a member so think they messed up somewhere.

Also found out it clashes with my anniversary.... Oh well

is anyone else's Dortmund tickets not showing in the "my tickets" section in their account? I have tickets showing for Swansea despite this fixture being after Dortmund?

is anyone else's Dortmund tickets not showing in the "my tickets" section in their account? I have tickets showing for Swansea despite this fixture being after Dortmund?
Yep, same as that. Rang the ticket office and they said that the tickets were on the card but not showing on the website for some reason. I am taking a copy of the email confirmation just in case.

Is it crazy to say the Dortmund game 'at home' on wed is our biggest game of the season? Assuming we lose to real twice and beat apoel twice, it's a shootout between us and Dortmund meaning we have to beat them in one of the games?

Is it crazy to say the Dortmund game 'at home' on wed is our biggest game of the season? Assuming we lose to real twice and beat apoel twice, it's a shootout between us and Dortmund meaning we have to beat them in one of the games?

Lot of ifs. We could fail to beat APOEL and are capable of shutting Real out.

Don't fancy us beating Dortmund. We seem to freeze in bigger games.

Lot of ifs. We could fail to beat APOEL and are capable of shutting Real out.

Don't fancy us beating Dortmund. We seem to freeze in bigger games.
We don't freeze, we just aren't great against technically gifted teams who play one-touch football and move the ball quickly. That's why we were so mediocre against monaco and leverkusen last season and real madrid and dortmund are easily better versions of those teams. Plus both have pace too. Ever noticed how our players need to take a touch to control it or like to run with the ball? These teams don't really do that, they just shift it around first time.

We don't freeze, we just aren't great against technically gifted teams who play one-touch football and move the ball quickly. That's why we were so mediocre against monaco and leverkusen last season and real madrid and dortmund are easily better versions of those teams. Plus both have pace too. Ever noticed how our players need to take a touch to control it or like to run with the ball? These teams don't really do that, they just shift it around first time.

It makes a very big difference when a team can use their first touch to such effect. The home games we need to do all we can to dictate the pace of the game, which won't be easy but is a great test for all of our guys who want to kick on.

Yes, very true

Chelsea did that the other week and were superb in it

Dele can do that for sure

Chelsea are happy to play a lot of 50% chance balls and they benefit from it

If anyone is desperate to ensure a ticket for the Bernabeu on Oct 17th, Madrid have put some hospitality deals on sale, a snip at €550 pp, although this does include food and drink from an hour before KO to half an hour after the final whistle. The tucker is very good too, apparently.

Although for that kind of money you might expect to be on the half-way line rather than tucked into a corner...

htwPdyU.png

We will get through this year. And we will be playing Barcelona in the first knockout round. And Paulinho will score a 5 min hat-trick to kill the game off in the 1st half. At Wembley... So Spursy...

Back
Top Bottom