Tottenham vs Wolverhampton. Saturday, August 20th. 12:30 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

At the game yesterday. Wolves were well organised and outnumbered us in centre midfield. The space for us was on the flanks, but we lacked quality there. Davies couldn't find Perisic / Son / Kane and on the other side Sanchez and Emerson played it very safe. The result was we couldn't get the ball to our front 3 or Perisic in dangerous positions.

Second half we pressed higher, won the ball higher and that meant we didn't rely on build up from the back. I think this was an effective strategy second half partly as our superior fitness starts to show. So not something we can rely on, especially first half of matches.

Essentially we missed ball-playing quality at RCB, LCB and RWB, and we will need this to see Conte's system really start to fire. Especially against these kind of tough defensive teams like Wolves. The good news is we have Romero, Lenglet and Doherty/Spence to come in. So I'm sure we'll look a lot better in these kind of matches when they play.

On BT Joleon Lescott said that Kane won't break Shearer's record. Fuck me, he was like "will he score 10 goals late in his career I don't think so". Prick. Rooney scored 10 goals or so when he went back to Everton lol.

Kane hasn't ever relied on pace. He's 75 behind. Needs 12 per season, with at least 3 prime years where he'll probably score 60+. What a prick.
Lescotts’ punditry is much like his footballing ability ………shit!

It's the wrong blue
You think?

fence.jpg

At the game yesterday. Wolves were well organised and outnumbered us in centre midfield. The space for us was on the flanks, but we lacked quality there. Davies couldn't find Perisic / Son / Kane and on the other side Sanchez and Emerson played it very safe. The result was we couldn't get the ball to our front 3 or Perisic in dangerous positions.

Second half we pressed higher, won the ball higher and that meant we didn't rely on build up from the back. I think this was an effective strategy second half partly as our superior fitness starts to show. So not something we can rely on, especially first half of matches.

Essentially we missed ball-playing quality at RCB, LCB and RWB, and we will need this to see Conte's system really start to fire. Especially against these kind of tough defensive teams like Wolves. The good news is we have Romero, Lenglet and Doherty/Spence to come in. So I'm sure we'll look a lot better in these kind of matches when they play.

Anyone who says Royal has played well just doesn't get the role of the wing back IMO.

I keep saying there's a gaping hole in the middle of the pitch, but it's there because the ball needs to be going out wide and rarely is. If it does it just comes back inside or backwards and we have to start again. No one in the middle and wing backs who struggle to get themselves and the ball forward quickly.

It will happen. It'll all click and we'll be unplayable at times.

Interesting. Turns out it wasn't an orthodox 532/3CM that wolves were using after all - that's how it looked to me in real time - I guess because they don't exactly play a high line - high intensity game either - and Nunes did seem to be doing a good job of dropping in to make what looked like a CM3 in that R8 position.

But this just makes the tactical shit show even worse IMO - they just did exactly what we were trying to do, but did it so much better for 45 minutes. Nunes much more effective at doing that hybrid job - supplement midfield whilst still supplementing the attack - so much better than Son did.

Any other season ticket holders just git an email with "important information regarding your ticket for Spurs vs Wolves"

6 days after Spurs vs Wolves
Yup - I just got one of those - had me really worried - I thought I'd forgotten to go to a game!!! Despite the fact that it says Wolves, the email is actually to say they've loaded my Fulham ticket onto Google Wallet.
I've checked and indeed IT IS THERE!!!!

Back
Top Bottom