Tottenham vs Wolverhampton. Saturday, August 20th. 12:30 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I just wanna say that we should be very, very careful going into this game. Result vs Chelsea was great, considering the circumstances. But we should not let it get to us.

I mean the situation was pretty similar the season Pochettino got sacked. We started with a win vs Aston Villa and then it was kinda lucky draw vs Manchester City. Third game we were useless against Newcastle and lost. Anyhow, hopefully the mentality now has changed.

We should win it but we need to be careful. I hope that Doherty finally starts, btw.

COYS

Last edited:
Hopefully if we are a different spurs we have enough to win this without any dramatics. This should be a home win for any top side looking to challenge at the top no ifs or buts .

Love that we’re back playing on a Saturday. Sunday games are annoying, I don’t really have a reason for it, Saturday is just the day for football.

----------------------Lloris---------------------
------Romero-------Dier---------Davies----
Emerson---Hojbjerg---Bissouma----Perisic
----------Kulu------------------------Son-------
------------------------Kane---------------------

----------------------Lloris---------------------
------Romero-------Dier---------Davies----
Emerson---Hojbjerg---Bissouma----Perisic
----------Kulu------------------------Son-------
------------------------Kane---------------------
Fat pea over Benta LOLLLZZZZZ

------------------lloris---------------
-----romero---dier---lenglet-----
-doherty--bent--biss----perisic
----kulu----------------richarlison
--------------kane------------------

would like to see that, son needs to be dropped after today's awful performance because if he isnt then it shows them that they can get away with shocking performances without consequences. its also an awful message to the ones not getting game time that its impossible for them to get a real chance.

also think we fucking annihilate wolves with that side. keep the ball for fun and give them a nice 4 goal hammering.

get a few goals up then bring on the likes of son and PEH.

So, next up is Wolves. Another game we lost last season (Lost to Southampton and Chelsea too). We've exorcised the Southampton demon. We actually got a point away at Stamford Bridge. Now to destroy Wolves and make ourselves +7 better off in the same fixtures.

Most of these players performed admirably against Southampton and I saw no reason to drop a winning team. But some of them didn't cover themselves in glory against Chelsea. I think Sessegnon will be very lucky to see his place in the starting eleven next weekend. It wouldn't surprise me to see Bissouma come in either for one of Hojbjerg/Bentancur. And Son really should be getting dropped for Richarlison too, but I'd be surprised if that was the case.

Lloris
Romero - Dier - Davies
Emerson - Bissouma - Bentancur - Perisic
Kulusevski - Kane - Richarlison
I would personally go for that. It's time for Bissouma and Perisic to get starts. Rotation and fighting for places is going to be crucial for us this season and we're going to need everyone to go above and beyond to do their best in keeping their starting place.

2-0 win.
Kane x2

For one weekend, and one weekend only, Mason ball’s back (With Conte’s instructions)

Ryan Mason Reaction GIF by MolaTV

And Son really should be getting dropped for Richarlison too, but I'd be surprised if that was the case.
What is Richarlison going to offer that's different in the LW/AM role that Son plays in?

Richarlison came on and played up top alongside Kane and completely changed the dynamic - he wasn't playing Son's role. He was leading the line with his movement/pressing etc. - something that Kane lacked

If anything, we should play Richarlison up top in a 2 or play him as a 9 by himself. That will completely change the dynamic of how we look.

What is Richarlison going to offer that's different in the LW/AM role that Son plays in?

Richarlison came on and played up top alongside Kane and completely changed the dynamic - he wasn't playing Son's role. He was leading the line with his movement/pressing etc. - something that Kane lacked

If anything, we should play Richarlison up top in a 2 or play him as a 9 by himself. That will completely change the dynamic of how we look.

Take away the assist for Dier's header against Southampton and Son has offered sweet fuck all in close to 120 minutes of football so far this season. It's not about "What else is he going to offer". It's rotating players out of form and stop allowing them to coast on name value.

I' m not interested in talking about what role Richarlison played today when he came on. The dynamic changed because we were losing the game and were tactically dominated and switched it up. I wouldn't expect us to play a wild 424 against a Wolves team who can barely score a goal.

And to even post that without seeing how we play with Richarlison in a "left wing" role is a little odd.

Take away the assist for Dier's header against Southampton and Son has offered sweet fuck all in close to 120 minutes of football so far this season. It's not about "What else is he going to offer". It's rotating players out of form and stop allowing them to coast on name value.

I' m not interested in talking about what role Richarlison played today when he came on. The dynamic changed because we were losing the game and were tactically dominated and switched it up. I wouldn't expect us to play a wild 424 against a Wolves team who can barely score a goal.

And to even post that without seeing how we play with Richarlison in a "left wing" role is a little odd.
There was a very noticeable difference in terms of the way we look with Richarlison up top. Just based on what we've seen today, he's so much faster and dynamic which opens the game up for the rest of our players. He offers something completely different than Kane.

And remember, Son WAS playing with Richarlison for a good 25 mins and he was an instrumental part in us getting that first goal. So the improvement we saw when Richarlison came on wasn't due to taking off Son - it was because we actually had someone with pace/dynamism leading the line rather than just Kane roaming. Son isn't the issue.

If you want to go down that road, you could say the same thing about Kane. He hasn't done much excluding his goal today yet he hasn't been taken off. Kulu and Son have been taken off which begs the question - what about Kane?

There was a very noticeable difference in terms of the way we look with Richarlison up top. Just based on what we've seen today, he's so much faster and dynamic which opens the game up for the rest of our players. He offers something completely different than Kane.

Richarlison playing "left wing" on paper doesn't stop him from pressing from the front. He offers something completely different from all of our attacking players, not just Kane.

And remember, Son WAS playing with Richarlison for a good 25 mins and he was an instrumental part in us getting that first goal. So the improvement we saw when Richarlison came on wasn't due to taking off Son - it was because we actually had someone with pace/dynamism leading the line rather than just Kane roaming. Son isn't the issue.

I am not entirely sure why this matters when it comes to my personal decision to drop Son for Richarlison next weekend nor does it tie in to anything I have even said.

If you want to go down that road, you could say the same thing about Kane. He hasn't done much excluding his goal today yet he hasn't been taken off. Kulu and Son have been taken off which begs the question - what about Kane?

You probably don't drop your clubs all time Premier League goalscorer and the man who scored the 96th minute equaliser against Chelsea at the Bridge.

Is this your gimmick on this forum ? Just disagree with anyone who drops Son over Kane for one game?

Richarlison playing "left wing" on paper doesn't stop him from pressing from the front. He offers something completely different from all of our attacking players, not just Kane.
It's not just about pressing.

It's about off the ball movement, dynamism and creating space for other players etc. Son and Kulu do an immense job. Son is one of the best in the league when it comes to this.

Have you seen Kane's off the ball movement? He looks slow and lethargic that it's hard to watch at times. Maybe it's just because the season's started and he usually starts the season slow but he doesn't seem to have his legs under him.

You probably don't drop your clubs all time Premier League goalscorer and the man who scored the 96th minute equaliser against Chelsea at the Bridge.
If he's been subpar and you've got another player that offers something completely different and something that we are lacking, then yes, yes you do.

Either way, I'm not opposed to dropping Son. But if you're going to use the argument that Son should be dropped because of his 'form' then you can make the argument that Kane should be dropped too.

But by dropping Kane for Richarlison, you get a completely different dynamic up front. Richarlison isn't really much of a change in terms of playing style from Son - they're both pacey and direct forwards.

Backup players back to the bench please, Perisic must start. If Bissouma is fit, get him in. Likewise Lenglet. I'd be tempted to also start Richarlison ahead of Son, but that might be too far.
Are Wolves still bus parkers? If so Richalison for Son IMO. Conte needs to send a message, I wouldn't even mind Kane for Richarlison.

It might even do him some good. Sometimes players overtrain and they need a little extra time to recover.

Either one can come at 50/60 mins if needed.

Back
Top Bottom