Tottenham vs Wolverhampton. Saturday, August 20th. 12:30 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You know it’s that same awkwardness in the final 3rd that’s the problem with his difficulty to faint on thx half turn

As BC pointed out he doesn’t have a great deal of athleticism, so he just won’t have developed the subtlety that let you execute with confidence the necessary techniques … being able to offer a faint on half turn allows you buy that half yard. The opposition player can’t fully commit to getting tight because if he over commits and you’ve got your body going that way then he’s sold himself and you just shift the ball past him carrying you in the right direction

If he sees the faint but doesn’t get drawn in by it and holds back from risking getting tight well then you’re in position to get open your body up and look to the pass off ….. up the field

Obviously there’s whole bucketful’s of nuance and subtlety which Hojberj just can’t pull off

So I agree … he runs square at the pass …
You’ll often see him flick his neck round but this is a token gesture because it’s always going back

He then quite often throws in a few little hand gestures to justify this course of action …. You know the 2 flat hands gesture… footy code for calm this is a no risks situation and you’ll be getting this ball right back

So yeah I share your frustration… so many times I think I know this isn’t a suit in your armoury but fuck mr come on .

Of course modric is possibly the best example you could ever offer to demonstrate the mastery of the craft. The beauty with modric starts with his ability to use either side of both feet. Add to this drop both shoulders backwards and forwards, sometimes with a knee drop others just a lean and any faint at any point from his hips and you can see that modric as he’s approaching the ball is subtlety moving In any and many number of directions that no defender risk getting to clise because after years of honing his craft with a tailor made physic to execute all this, he can spring off at the last moments making Luca modric probably one of the most press resistant midfielders In world football

And at the same time rather unfairly maybe now due to the comparison , demonstrates why Hojberj struggles .

I think that can get filed under‘opportunity to wax lyrical over the sublime Luka Modric
Great post. Modric is unique and in some ways a bad example. Carrick is a better example of a CM that can take the ball in the middle third, perhaps he didn’t have this and the final third ability of the truly
World class Luka with his ‘pre assists’

I think with some coaching PEH could improve this, his touch isn’t bad but he needs to be forced to turn at times and be confident

Great post. Modric is unique and in some ways a bad example. Carrick is a better example of a CM that can take the ball in the middle third, perhaps he didn’t have this and the final third ability of the truly
World class Luka with his ‘pre assists’

I think with some coaching PEH could improve this, his touch isn’t bad but he needs to be forced to turn at times and be confident
I agree it’s always tough using Luka as an example because he’s freakishly good

Carrick…an excellent choice …. Again a player that had performed this discipline with such a regularity of success that the confidence just washed over him and made him a such a great ‘baller ‘to watch…., what that particular midfield Carrick would’ve been a hand in glove fit.

Edit… PEH has got a very decent first touch along with sound technique for striking the ball but I’ll probably distance myself from believing peh could develop the requisite movements at this late stage particularly with his body shape

Last edited:
On BT Joleon Lescott said that Kane won't break Shearer's record. Fuck me, he was like "will he score 10 goals late in his career I don't think so". Prick. Rooney scored 10 goals or so when he went back to Everton lol.

Kane hasn't ever relied on pace. He's 75 behind. Needs 12 per season, with at least 3 prime years where he'll probably score 60+. What a prick.

He's just parroting what a load of other braindead pundits have said over recent years. Once he does it, hopefully we have won a few trophies, but if we haven't they'll just say it doesn't matter because he has no pots to show for it. They keep on talking him down for some peculiar reason. I'm guessing it is because he played for us, whilst forgetting Shearer played mostly for a terrible Newcastle side.

Yeah if there’s three people and no room maybe but I think you have to allow some leeway, honestly if you have to shuffle a bit so what… maybe South Stand isn’t the best place for you?

Pretty sure I am happy in the South Stand, been there or there abouts for more years than i want to think about.. . It can be pretty tight even with the right number of people, especially as they seem to have added some extra seats in last season.
Did notice yesterday the stewards being a lot stricter on the aisles being stood in.. Perhaps they are trying to fix the "problem", as some people may see it..

In a stark contrast to last home game, I didn't see anyone at entrance 18 checking the QR code was in the app rather than a screen shot.

Still can't seem to get through the turnstyle contactlessly like prior seasons though. Have to open the app and hold the QR code under the scanner.

Back
Top Bottom