Tottenham vs Wolverhampton. Saturday, August 20th. 12:30 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Go watch your wrestling you tosser.

Bored To Death Yawn GIF by Rose McGowan

I’ve read in a few places that it was nearer £260k a week and if true , as it was several years ago, then Levy may well pay £350k a week for a player Conte really wants which is my point
Isn’t he 30 plus? If and when conte leaves will need to rebuild again. Not only replacing the older players but also integrating the young players we have purchased who conte seems unwilling to play. We have spence, Gil, Sarr and Destiny whose on loan. Don’t think these are gonna see much action. Like I said I’d rather spence than Doh or Royal. Sarr could offer some energy in CM. The other thing is if new manager changes system we would haven’t the players to play in a back 4 or say 3 in CM.

You said in a previous post: "I’ve read in a few places that it was nearer £260k a week and if true , as it was several years ago, then Levy may well pay £350k a week for a player Conte really wants which is my point."

So here you are claiming that Levy would pay the £350k that is Casemiro's salary....

He MAY well do IF Conte wanted him

Conte hasn’t indicated anything of the sort so a bit of a mute argument

Oh, dear. So why didn't Spurs bid for Casemiro then if you are so sure that Conte wanted him and that Levy was ready to pay him £350k a week and pay £70m to Real M.?
You must be sitting on info that even Hercules is unaware of :cool:

So that was a complete lie

You still haven’t shown where I said that Conte wanted him because I didn’t so you’re trying to wriggle out of making a total cunt of yourself

I can’t be arsed with lying wankers like you so on ignore you go

Have the last word why don’t you

:dembelefingers:

He MAY well do IF Conte wanted him

Conte hasn’t indicated anything of the sort so a bit of a mute argument

So that was a complete lie

You still haven’t shown where I said that Conte wanted him because I didn’t so you’re trying to wriggle out of making a total cunt of yourself

I can’t be arsed with lying wankers like you so on ignore you go

Have the last word why don’t you

:dembelefingers:
I just wanna thank you for putting me on ignore 👍 Good riddance :cool: You argue like a teenager so it may be your bedtime now anyway.
PS! Instead of telling me that you are putting me on ignore just do it. You may get disappointed but I am not going to beg you not to do anyway :D

Last edited:
Bar that confusion in the 45th minute I don’t think he done much wrong.

He wasn’t great and he wasn’t awful but that 45 min cock up could have been extremely costly and he’s always liable to do that each time he plays

Remember the embarrassing moment against City when he fell on his arse allowing Gundogan to score

Like PEH he’s a squad player at best

Definitely,, As i said to you earlier, I emailed them to say what a good idea it is.. Figured they probably get enough negative feedback, so gave them credit where its due..
Hopefully if others also let them know, they will stick with it,

I just did the same. Stick the email up and some others with decent taste in music will do the same.

I think i sent mine to support @Tottenhamhotspur.com

Well pleased with a win against a tricky opponent.
Maybe it was me being biased, but during the first half, the ref seemed to blow for every little stumble or fall, in favour of Wolves.
I don't want to be a Victor Meldrew, but the amount of people standing on the stairs, and cramming onto the end of a row, in the South lower, is becoming a pain; you go for a pee, and you've been squeezed out of your seat, when you come back. I was able to assert myself, and get my standing space back, but not everyone is able to.

Maybe it was me being biased, but during the first half, the ref seemed to blow for every little stumble or fall, in favour of Wolves.
I don't want to be a Victor Meldrew, but the amount of people standing on the stairs, and cramming onto the end of a row, in the South lower, is becoming a pain; you go for a pee, and you've been squeezed out of your seat, when you come back. I was able to assert myself, and get my standing space back, but not everyone is able to.

Just piss up the back of their legs and tell them it's raining. Bring back that 70s vibe.

I couldn’t catch it all but the parts I did see all looked alike ….hard going

Some pieces of nice football without being flowing and able to dominate the game

So this team… seems to be able to stick snd and get over the line ….. I’m liking this trait

If you keep it tight we’ve always more chance of nicking that winning goal because our frontline is as good as and better than the rest.

I had this game scoreless or a 1 nil win but to who?….. this pretty resolute spurs did enough to make it ours

COYS!!

Really nice to put some names to faces. Sorry we were a bit rushed, we wanted to see as much as possible of the stadium before and after the game, it really is an incredible stadium. Thanks for being so welcoming. :)

Obviously I'm used to watching us from my sofa, it's harder to understand the flow of the game when you're at a game live and not used to doing that, but I thought we were a bit lethargic 1st half, much better 2nd half, maybe a bit fortunate to get the 3 points, but I guess there are going to be games like that. Already 7 points from 9 on the board, no one can take that away, and hopefully performances will improve. It certainly feels more optimistic than at the same stage last season (when we had 9 points but were probably 'worth' about 4, if that).

FWIW my wife, it being her first ever live game, liked the performances of Royal, Richarlison and Dier most, as she said she thought they tried more than anyone else. She's not a football person by any means (though she's glad we went and loved the atmosphere etc), but I can't disagree with her. Skills are all very well, but when you see players who are prepared to run through walls for the club / manager(whether or not they always manage it) it does make you feel good, like they actually care.

Looking at Wolves - we were sitting in a good position to see that their number 3 (Aït-Nouri?) was the best player on the field in the 1st half. And as for Traore when he came on, well the enigma continues - there were times when we had 3 players trying to stop him but they couldn't, as a result he put several pretty good crosses in, but they have no one to finish them because they don't have any quality strikers. I know everyone on here despises him, but I'd love to see what stats he would get with a couple of proper goalscorers playing alongside him and a manager who could drill him into taking the right option 99% of the time - if only there was such a club... :)

See I think if you're high up in the stadium, you get a much better view of what's happening all over the pitch. On TV you can only see at best two thirds of the pitch and usually less than half. You're also being influenced by commentators who themselves are often influenced by little more than a score.

Use Chelsea last week. They barely had a shot on target but when they scored, all they kept repeating was "it was coming"
How can it be coming when they weren't even shooting??

The ref was definitely helping them. It doesn’t help that the only thing Neves was better at than our midfielders was diving. The way that pussy fell when Kane bumped into was like he got shot. He would barely make our bench.

Back
Top Bottom