Tottenham Vs Red Star - 22nd Oct 2019.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm off to a Westlife concert tomorrow night. Anyone want to come?

Only if I were to wake up dead and also blind and suffer serious brain damage.

Then....maybe.

As for Spurs, FFS what's going on? We are bloody shit at present.

Maybe we'll squeak out a win, need to of course. I actually think we will, Kane to score a pen, they equalise but Dele or Kane (again) to score the winner.

Please!

:avbpray:

Only if I were to wake up dead and also blind and suffer serious brain damage.

Then....maybe.

As for Spurs, FFS what's going on? We are bloody shit at present.

Maybe we'll squeak out a win, need to of course. I actually think we will, Kane to score a pen, they equalise but Dele or Kane (again) to score the winner.

Please!

:avbpray:
Ok, what about a Steps concert?? I'll pay....

2-1, but it will be a nervy win. I can’t see us play good football again all of a sudden. Poch needs to give Sessegnon and Lo Celso time asap I don’t give a shit if they are not at the level he wants them to be. Can’t be worse than the crop of shit we’ve played recently. Play Sanchez and drop Alderweireld cause he’s been fucking awful lately.
And play NDombele ffs. If he gets lazy take him off in the second half. He is a notch above all our midfielders and can make a lot of things right like a bloody forward pass or a good forward run.

I guess we already knew, but FFS it's the CL:

Check the availability. Some blocks in the Middle tier of the Paxton are virtually empty. Loads of spare seats on the east upper. It looks like the back of 322 in the south hasn't even gone on sale. Is that possible? Are there any season ticket holders at the back of that block? Row 53 and back.

We move on with heads held high...

redstar.jpg

COYS!!
We have no right to hold our heads high.

2-1, but it will be a nervy win. I can’t see us play good football again all of a sudden. Poch needs to give Sessegnon and Lo Celso time asap I don’t give a shit if they are not at the level he wants them to be. Can’t be worse than the crop of shit we’ve played recently. Play Sanchez and drop Alderweireld cause he’s been fucking awful lately.
And play NDombele ffs. If he gets lazy take him off in the second half. He is a notch above all our midfielders and can make a lot of things right like a bloody forward pass or a good forward run.

I don't think he's lazy.... Just poorly conditioned from being able to stroll around in a weak league whilst others around him put in the yards. Maybe he did look more energised in the CL last year, but that's 1 match per month at a high level/intensity.

If I was Poch, I'd start him every game in the understanding that he'll likely need to be subbed off at incrementally later stages of the game as the season rolls on.

We have invested hugely in him and we desperately need what he has in his locker.... Poch can't just to do the usual with him.

Check the availability. Some blocks in the Middle tier of the Paxton are virtually empty. Loads of spare seats on the east upper. It looks like the back of 322 in the south hasn't even gone on sale. Is that possible? Are there any season ticket holders at the back of that block? Row 53 and back.

I can't bear to look TBH. I guess I'll see the horrible truth for myself tomorrow. I'll give you a wave from the east upper. Shouldn't be difficult to pick me out.

Edit: I just looked. And immediately wished I hadn't. :pochunimpressed: The good news is that we shouldn't run out of beer before KO. :pochshock:

Last edited:
This

For the last few seasons it would have been automatic for the CB's to be Vertonghen and Alderweireld. Think those days should rapidly be coming to an end.

Only question is do we drop both at the same time or one at a time.

If we drop both, I think we give ourselves an added layer of protection with a CM3 including either Dier or Skipp, and then go 433.

Kane looks knackered, so Id prefer to rest him. But is that too many changes at one time ?

Think we may as well get used to not getting out of the group stages of CL (sorry Daniel) and experiment with a team to do well in PL and build for next season.

Gazzaniga
Foyth/KWP Sanchez, Tanganga, Davies
Winks, Dier/Skipp, Ndombele
Moura, Son, Dele

Subs : Austin or Whiteman, Vertonghen, Sissoko, Dier/Skipp/Eriksen Lamela, Kane, Parrott

Back
Top Bottom