Tottenham Vs Liverpool - Sat 11th Jan 2020.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I feel violated just from skim-reading that....
"Tanganga - Shaky start where he nearly put the ball in his own net"

Wasn't that the chance for Liverpool that he made a great block, got up and took such a good position that he forced the striker to hit the post rather than slot the ball into an empty net?

Last edited:
Did I get that one wrong too? My bad AF. :allitongue:

tenor.gif

We played well today, just no cutting edge up front or composed finishing.
My main point from that game is how Robertson was still on the pitch despite the studs-up challenge on Tanganga (who was great today by the way) and then leaving the boot in on Alderweireld.
How can those incidents be allowed to pass despite the use of VAR for nearly everything else?
As an aside, the goal also hit off Dele’s arm. May sound petty, but isn’t any goal scored when the ball has touched a hand meant to be disallowed?
I don’t often bleat about decisions as we’re usually bad enough to have been beaten fairly, but I don’t think that was the case today.
And as mentioned, Japhet Tanganga, well done sir

It's time for the FA to start holding referees to account. The PL standard has been so awful for years. Same tired, biased old men doing the same old things. There should really be a league table of refs. And a fine for blatantly wrong decisions. It should be reviewed in the summer and winter tw. You get rated by an independent panel and sent to that division. Atkinson has no business refereeing PL games. And he's just one. Refs standards are critical to the game and there are too many mediocre refs out there. I wonder if they're all Masons?

My main point from that game is how Robertson was still on the pitch despite the studs-up challenge on Tanganga (who was great today by the way) and then leaving the boot in on Alderweireld.
How can those incidents be allowed to pass despite the use of VAR for nearly everything else?
As an aside, the goal also hit off Dele’s arm. May sound petty, but isn’t any goal scored when the ball has touched a hand meant to be disallowed?
I don’t often bleat about decisions as we’re usually bad enough to have been beaten fairly, but I don’t think that was the case today.

Accidental ricochet handball by a defender: No Pen
Accidental ricochet handball by an attacker (leading to a goal): No goal.

First match in the north lower today, thought the atmosphere was pretty good.

Was livid that the Robertson challenge was not even reviewed, studs up in at the ankle, seen reds for much less, but then this is Liverpool, they deployed shit house tactics all game , like that arrogant prick of a centre half deliberately obstructing moura in the first half and going unpunished.

Their away support was awful, not a peep out of them except when they scored and just before full time, another media myth about their fan base, my last home game was Bournemouth and they made much more noise.

As for Eriksen him getting subbed and having the audacity to clap the fans was breath taking. I never want to see him play for us again, he did nothing except jog about, can anyone explain why we have lamela and lo celso on the bench and we start this waste of space.? He did not make himself available for passes, did little tracking back, allowed opposition players to go past him on countless occasions and had no sense of urgency, it's actually embarrassing that a professional player can turn up with this attidude.

Fuck Eriksen and his six years of ' service' , just fuck off.

Two big positives for me, Sanchez is really maturing into a great centre half, his positioning and composure was excellent today. The other was tanganga, a great debut, did not look out of his depth, put himself about and was aggressive in the tackle.

We really need to work on our finishing and a spell on the bench for dele is needed.

I don't see either of those as Red, but certainly a yellow for the Tanganga challenge.

The handball rules only counts if its the team that scores. Can you imagine the shit housery if defenders thought that they could handle and get the goal chalked off?

Thought we played OK too. Not exactly cavalier but good tactics (given the personnel) and a good amount of effort (save a couple of notable exceptions)

Dele needs to raise his general alertness as well. Think he was dispossessed from behind and that shouldn’t happen. On a positive note well played Tanganga. Think he has a future with us

WTF since when did gary neville become a cheerleader for the scouse?
Since Sky scaled back their financial interest in the EPL. They are not the only show in town and now have to sit up and beg with the others. I don't think he was anywhere near as bad as f*cking Tyler.

Liverpool are a good team. The best team in our league in case anyone forgot and I don't think there's too much wrong in acknowledging that. Big difference between that an having your hand in Klopps lederhosen a la Tyler.

Back
Top Bottom