Tottenham Vs Liverpool - Sat 11th Jan 2020.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Tweak the 2 CMs as required, but yes. It's clear as day now... Dele can be a sub false 9 if Lucas is having an off game. He's an aux. striker or nothing IMO.
He needs a creative striker like Kane, a double pivot in midfield to free him up, and a Toby CB for long balls if you want the best out of him. Either that or drop him deep and let him break up play there, but he loses basically all goal scoring at that point. He’s a great player but we don’t have the squad to support his best position at the moment.

With just 16 games to play our PL record is

W8 D6 L8

How fucking shit is that
It’s a rancid record, but judge it next weekend, a win at Watford ( hard ) and United defeat puts us back into the top 6 and still can close 9 points over 16 games. It’s been done to us a few times don’t forget. I suspect we will go into double figures on losses this season.

I’m surprised we’re as high as 8th in the table with that record.

We lost 13 time in league last season, so that’s 21 defeats in 60 league games.

If we go unbeaten we can finish the season on 78 points. :townhmm:

I know I’m the optimist but if Mou takes the lessons from today (fire Rose and Eriksen into the sun, have Winks come off the bench, always start Lo Celso, Ndombele, Lamela, and Son when fit) then at least the 2nd half of this season should be enjoyable to follow even with Kane out until the FA Cup semi-final.
Love Sonny but he has to finish that chance tonight, absolute sitter.

Terrible first half!

Why if your game plan is to not to have the ball would you play Eriksen instead of Gio? Even worse a decision when you know he's not going to be here in a few days!

2nd half was a much better performance, especially when Gio and Lamela came on. From that moment we were the better side and deserved at least a point from this game (but not over the 90mins, that first half we didn't deserve anything, our counter-attacks weren't even very good, just hit and hopes.....awful).

Another super performance from Aurier, our best player again today. Tanganga what a super debut and Sanchez also was great. I'd happily see both these two start for us ahead of Toby and Vaertonghen (I love these two but time we use this season to get Sanchez and Tanganga working as a partnership for the future (yes aware they are both right-footed so will see if this is the long term plan or not, either way, they are far more mobile than Jan and Toby).

Gio and or Lamela (injury permitting) have to start games now, what else do they have to do?

I'll only have a more positive outlook if we repeat that 2nd half performance in our next couple of games, something we simply haven't done yet.

One win from our last 5 games, 9 points off Chavs in 4th (who we could have gone above had we not have been comprehensively outplayed by them) and scum only 2pts behind us. Watford game will be a very, very tough game as Pearson has worked his weirdness on them since arriving. Need to win this game as all of the other teams around us also have tough games, possible we can sneak into an EL spot if results go our way.

TBF neither of those are good examples. GLC is on a 15M loan right? With every expectation that he will be made our 2nd most expensive signing. Really not an example of what folks mean when they say 'Jose doesn't play youth'.

And Tanganga is being played in a 'free hit' kinda game. Jose could not have been going into this game thinking "this is one of our best chances to get a result". So any mistakes won't really be risking something you are banking on.

Not to take anything away from him as these things you point out are facts but it's the context that matters here. When he plays Tanganga against a team we would be expecting a result against is when it would be more reasonable to credit Jose. And this performance more than justifies another chance.
I think you may have it the wrong way round. It would be silly to give debuts to youngsters in must win games. A free hit type game is exactly the kind of game where a young player should be given chances. He's come out with flying colours. So now hes going to get more chances to play , I think(and hope). If he now doesnt play Tanganga more regularly, then theres a legit complaint. But so far so good, Id say. I'll be over the moon with Sanchez and Tanganga as the two CBs in our back 4.

We are a team that have turned losing into the norm

21 defeats in 60 games is absolutely farcical

And people still claim we are better than we were in 2013/14

This is the worst spurs side in at least 15 years and the stats must back that up

He had a day off. Anyone can be forgiven for that, but he can't afford to put in similar performances. Not with Kane unavailable.
What?
His "golden" chance had the worlds best defender all over it.
He did well to get to it, let alone score.
He played well with the small of mount of ball he received

You're right, if someone comes in for him and he agrees to go there then we can get rid without paying him off and we would save ourselves about £1.5m- £2m in wages. But who would clean the bogs?

I'll do it if it means the temptation for our manager(s) to pick him is eradicated.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom