Tottenham Vs Liverpool - Sat 11th Jan 2020.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

With Kane out this should be the preferred XI when fit:

Tanganga-Toby-Sanchez
Aurier-Lo Celso-Ndombele-Sessegnon
Lamela-Lucas-Son

Control the midfield with possession and rely on the extra CB speed on the edges to clean up messes.

Last edited:
Look at this game.

GLC is 23.

...Yet Tanganga is 20 (and JM could have played Jan instead).

You don't have the answer.
TBF neither of those are good examples. GLC is on a 15M loan right? With every expectation that he will be made our 2nd most expensive signing. Really not an example of what folks mean when they say 'Jose doesn't play youth'.

And Tanganga is being played in a 'free hit' kinda game. Jose could not have been going into this game thinking "this is one of our best chances to get a result". So any mistakes won't really be risking something you are banking on.

Not to take anything away from him as these things you point out are facts but it's the context that matters here. When he plays Tanganga against a team we would be expecting a result against is when it would be more reasonable to credit Jose. And this performance more than justifies another chance.

just not good enough for top 4 this season, not good enough players and so far jose has honestly done nothing to make me feel confident that things are moving in the right direction. I would rather us focus on FA cup and finish 8th and not have to deal with europa next year.

- Regardless of whether we 'deserve' it; Top 4 is not dead. Fight 'til it's over.
- Europe will be cruicial to bedding in any new players and evolving this team and style of play next year.
- If we are to EVER develop the much fabled winners mentality; you don't certainly don't gain it by throwing the towel in on your league season in a scenario like this.

[EDIT] Fuck of skywalker68 you giggling melt twat... You "don't care" remember!

Last edited:
I know I’m the optimist but if Mou takes the lessons from today (fire Rose and Eriksen into the sun, have Winks come off the bench, always start Lo Celso, Ndombele, Lamela, and Son when fit) then at least the 2nd half of this season should be enjoyable to follow even with Kane out until the FA Cup semi-final.

TBF neither of those are good examples. GLC is on a 15M loan right? With every expectation that he will be made our 2nd most expensive signing. Really not an example of what folks mean when they say 'Jose doesn't play youth'.

I think you missed my point... Indeed GLC is NOT youth. I'm very much saying that.

And Tanganga is being played in a 'free hit' kinda game. Jose could not have been going into this game thinking "this is one of our best chances to get a result". So any mistakes won't really be risking something you are banking on.

Not to take anything away from him as these things you point out are facts but it's the context that matters here. When he plays Tanganga against a team we would be expecting a result against is when it would be more reasonable to credit Jose. And this performance more than justifies another chance.

The context is that the guy said "GLC did not start because JM doesn't play youth". This very game shines all sorts of light on the flaws of that statement.

I'm not saying that playing Tanganga is a testament to Jose being 'youth friendly'; just that the explanation given wasn't the reason GLC did not start today.

Jamie Redknapp just said

“Spurs have one or two injuries here and there”

wow.
Hugo ( WC winning Club and National Captain )
Harry ( England & Vice Captain & record goal scorer )
+ Sissoko + Club Record Signing Ndombele + first choice full back in Davies.

Despite all that, his beloved Liverpool are hugely fortunate to have a win ( and 11 players )

fucking astonishing what a prick that man is

With Kane out this should be the preferred XI when fit:

Tanganga-Toby-Sanchez
Aurier-Lo Celso-Ndombele-Sessegnon
Lamela-Lucas-Son

Control the midfield with possession and rely on the extra CB speed ok the edges to clean up messes.

Tweak the 2 CMs as required, but yes. It's clear as day now... Dele can be a sub false 9 if Lucas is having an off game. He's an aux. striker (false 9 or #10 in a AM3) or nothing IMO.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom