Tottenham Vs Liverpool - Sat 11th Jan 2020.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think Jose will change our style of play for the rest of the season. He's mentioned before how changing to a pragmatic, defence-first system would stifle our attacking threat but that's fizzled out anyway and we simply don't have the players to play the high-line, possession based Pochball anymore. The players are doing what they did last season and resorting to wild hoofball when they can't control the midfield, so let's face the reality and change our approach.

With Son and Lucas we have players who can be dangerous on the break, so let's play to their strengths. Trying to come out and play against Liverpool is suicide with our defence, we haven't got the legs to do it anymore. We conceded the exact same goal against Middlesborough that we conceded against Southampton and Liverpool will do the same if we let them, we can't do the basics right with this football.

Let's keep it compact and use the spaces on the counter. It's the only way to win this game and it's the only style that will suit us until our injuries are resolved and we can add some new signings.

I think Jose will change our style of play for the rest of the season. He's mentioned before how changing to a pragmatic, defence-first system would stifle our attacking threat but that's fizzled out anyway and we simply don't have the players to play the high-line, possession based Pochball anymore. The players are doing what they did last season and resorting to wild hoofball when they can't control the midfield, so let's face the reality and change our approach.

With Son and Lucas we have players who can be dangerous on the break, so let's play to their strengths. Trying to come out and play against Liverpool is suicide with our defence, we haven't got the legs to do it anymore we conceded the exact same goal against Middlesborough that we conceded against Southampton, we can't do the basics right with this football.

Let's keep it compact and use the spaces on the counter. It's the only way to win this game and it's the only style that will suit us until our injuries are resolved and we can add some new signings.
and that exact style you talk about is the kind that Liverpool struggle to play against...... :mourear:

..................................Gazza.............................

Dier....Foyth...Toby...Sanchez...Verts...Rose
.......Aurier..............Foyth..........Davies.............

.....................................Son........................................

Think we can do them on the break👍🏻
We should definitely park the bus. Like an actual real life bus. Better if its double decker right in front of goal. Lloris can drive it to the other end at half time, if sober.

With Son and Lucas we have players who can be dangerous on the break, so let's play to their strengths. Trying to come out and play against Liverpool is suicide with our defence, we haven't got the legs to do it anymore. We conceded the exact same goal against Middlesborough that we conceded against Southampton and Liverpool will do the same if we let them, we can't do the basics right with this football.

TBF their goal was offside and would have been disallowed with VAR but I get what you’re saying

Was only about 6 months ago we'd be going into a game with these feeling we could match them in every department and give them a real game, 12 months ago we would go into this thinking we were the better side.

Our decline has been every bit as astonishing as their rise.

They look unbeatable at the moment.

Sometimes you can get a result when you least expect it, but with our defence against that attack, and with all the injuries I'd honestly be happy to get away with a 2-0 loss and a bit of pride.

Sadly this is going to be a 4+ goal tonking.

I'd smear a bit of lube around your bumhole unless you like it rough

Hope I'm wrong we rise like a phoenix from the flames to put in an Indian Summer performance,

I'm depressing myself typing this.....

P.S I fucking hate these as Al Murray said Scotland can leave the UK with our blessing on two conditions, one of them being they take Liverpool with them.

Last edited:
We should definitely park the bus. Like an actual real life bus. Better if its double decker right in front of goal. Lloris can drive it to the other end at half time, if sober.

Aurier would fart and leave the windows open allowing them an easy chip through the bus into the open net....

Vertonghen and Toby turn both turn like a bus these days, does that count?

Was only about 6 months ago we'd be going into a game with these feeling we could match them in every department and give them a real game, 12 months ago we would go into this thinking we were the better side.

Our decline has been every bit as astonishing as their rise.

They look unbeatable at the moment.

Sometimes you can get a result when you least expect it, but with our defence against that attack, and with all the injuries I'd honestly be happy to get away with a 2-0 loss and a bit of pride.

Sadly this is going to be a 4+ goal tonking.

I'd smear a bit of lube around your bumhole unless you like it rough

Hope I'm wrong we rise like a phoenix from the flames to put in an Indian Summer performance,

I'm depressing myself typing this.....

P.S I fucking hate these as Al Murray said Scotland can leave the UK with our blessing on two conditions, one of them being they take Liverpool with them.
Can i borrow your lube?...... :pochcry:

One of those games where you think all the stars will align, the Lane will be rocking under the lights and Spurs battle to a memorable win which kick starts an unbeaten run to April.

Then someone falls over their bootlace and does a diving header along the floor straight to Salah, who is karate kicked in the face by Gaz, and it’s red card, penalty, 1-0 Liverpool and there’s not even 4 minutes in the clock.

Lloyd-Christmas-Happy-to-Sad.gif

Back
Top Bottom