Tottenham Vs Fulham Saturday 3rd September 15:00

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

With MC & 2 CL games next we must rotate. No one will be dropped but some need to be rested and this is the match they would rather miss than the next 3.Not sure re Hojbjerg/Bentacur fitness. Whichever one is fitest.
Lloris
Doherty, Romero, Dier, Lenglet, Sess
Bissouma, Hojbjerg/Bentacur
Richarlison, Kane, Kula
Please use subs including Son & Skipp
It will not be easy and we should not have been forced to play so much but no option. As Conte has said no one can play all 7 matches, I would not be surprised if Kane is rested as it is the least important.

3r7JcR5.png

Subs: Lloris, Dier, Davies, Emerson, Tanganga, Sarr, Kulusevski, Lucas, Kane

Højbjerg or Bentancur on the bench in place of Sarr if either are fit.
I think you’ve got weirdest selection in the bag.

One problem we are having is that our counter attacks are so swift… and it’s either create a chance or lose the ball… that our wing backs can’t get involved much because they can’t get forward that fast. I don’t remember either wing back getting a scoring chance at west ham and they should be getting at least 1 every game.

One problem we are having is that our counter attacks are so swift… and it’s either create a chance or lose the ball… that our wing backs can’t get involved much because they can’t get forward that fast. I don’t remember either wing back getting a scoring chance at west ham and they should be getting at least 1 every game.
Doherty scored a couple of goals last February/March, before Matt Cash ended his season. I'm surprised he hasn't been given a chance this season.

After Fulham, our next PL fixtures are
(A) Man City
(H) Leicester
(A) Woolwich
(A) Brighton
(H) Everton
(A) United
(H)Newcastle
(A) Bournemouth
(H) Liverpool

5 of 9 against the order big six + newcastle

And all 6 CL games mixed in.

Need that 3 points Saturday.

Failing that I’ll have a nice pie and buy something I don’t need from the shop.
I'm a spendthrift by nature but I find absolutely nothing to buy from the Spurs shops these days. It's become so depressing.

I used to like the season reviews but they're gone. £75 is too much to pay for a football shirt and the retro ones aren't available in XXXL. The last worthwhile things I bought were the 60-61 Double Season and the Spurs Shirt coffee table edition books.

The Legend signings were good. I was able to get Martin Chivers to sign my 1st edition copy of The Glory Game and Graham Roberts and Mickey Hazard to sign my 1984 UEFA Cup Final programme but obviously the club didn't get any money from me with that.

Someone really needs to overhaul the club's retail, do some research and offer things that people want.

Lloris
Doherty Sanchez Dier Lenglet Sessegnon
Bissouma Skipp
Kulusevski Son Richarlison

Really don't want to but seeing as we have a must win game against Marseille on Wednesday followed by City away, as well as a great every 3 days from now until the World Cup except for that 2 week International break wedged in the middle somewhere, I don't think we'll have the chance to go hell for leather in this one.

Weakened team in games like this, Bournemouth at home etc, there aren't many we can do that in unfortunately.

2-1 Spurs

After Fulham, our next PL fixtures are
(A) Man City
(H) Leicester
(A) Woolwich
(A) Brighton
(H) Everton
(A) United
(H)Newcastle
(A) Bournemouth
(H) Liverpool

5 of 9 against the order big six + newcastle

And all 6 CL games mixed in.

Need that 3 points Saturday.

Good post. We need to weaken the team at some stage so if not this game vs Fulham at home, where else do we with these games posted being separated by 3 or 4 day intervals.

Rest Harry, I'd rather he be coming off the bench than Sonny at present if we are chasing.

I'm concerned about this one, honestly. Fulham are playing well and we continue to be torpid, without creativity and a worse team has just nearly kept us hemmed in.

I could see equal chance of spurs cruising back on track, or an aggressive Fulham scoring early and giving everyone the "here we go again" feeling.

Does he drop Son?

This could be a bogey fixture for us. Fulham squad are full of energy and will put a lot of pressure on our defenders.

Our achilles heel is that we crumble when other teams press us. That is compounded since our passing has that far been very poor this season.

We win this fixture by being better over 90 minutes and not letting our heads drop. Our passing needs to be on point and we cannot be wasteful with chances.

With Kane and Son's form in the dumps; this looks like a squeaky draw for me.

Fulham 2 - 2 Spurs
Mitrovich 15, 40 / Kane 82, Rich 90'

Back
Top Bottom