Tottenham Vs Fulham Saturday 3rd September 15:00

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If Bentancur is healthy I would be up for a formation like this.

Maybe swap Kane's position with Kulu and Richy. I think that Kane's current lack of speed but increased playmaking would suit that position well. He can distribute onto Dejan and Richy, and then make runs into the box to pounce on any deflected shots/balls from out wide.

I just don't see Harry winning many sprints against CBs now. So best to put him in a position where he can still be lethal, but don't have to do that.

The problem with the dea of Kane as a pure 10/CAM is that the position still commands that he chases, presses etc.......

Modern, dynamic football is rarely able to support passengers like Ndombele, Ozil, BrunoF, current day Romaldo etc.

--------------------Lloris---------------------
------Romero-----Dier------Davies-------
Spence----------------------------Sessegnon
------------Hojbjerg---Bissouma------------
---Kulusevski---------------Richarlsion----
---------------------Kane----------------------

Harsh on Emerson who has been good this season but we need a threat on the right in an attacking sense against Fulham at home. Perisic was our best player In the last 2 games but we need him for Marseille.

Got a feeling Hojbjerg is injured and will miss this (if so that would be extremely confusing why he wasn't taken off). If both him and Bentancur are missing then Skipp to start.

I want to see some significant changes to the teamsheet as it needs some freshening up and rotation. If Son starts then it is quite frankly beyond me. Ideal game for the likes of Spence, Lenglet and of course Richarlson to come in.

We need to see a much better attacking display with less aimless passing it around at the back.

--------------------Lloris---------------------
------Romero-----Dier------Davies-------
Spence----------------------------Sessegnon
------------Hojbjerg---Bissouma------------
---Kulusevski---------------Richarlsion----
---------------------Kane----------------------

Harsh on Emerson who has been good this season but we need a threat on the right in an attacking sense against Fulham at home. Perisic was our best player In the last 2 games but we need him for Marseille.

Got a feeling Hojbjerg is injured and will miss this (if so that would be extremely confusing why he wasn't taken off). If both him and Bentancur are missing then Skipp to start.
Lenglet at LCB too please. He (and Romero) will improve our slow build up.

Dier will have a big day on vs Mitro.......

Can't see them playing Vinny up top with him too.

Would like to see Lenglet given a chance, Richarlison too. Hopefully Bentancur is fit to play too, think we missed his creativity last night. If it’s a concussion he might not be back till Marseille.

My prediction

0-2

Carlos Vinicius
Dan James

Please not Richarlison, Kane, Son. There’s just not enough creativity there. Kulusevski makes the front 3 tick. He created the first goal in each of the last 2 games… though Kane certainly contributed as well. Son has provided nothing.

A strong manager would bench Son for this match, specially the form his replacement Richy is showing.

Why care if Son starts crying!" FFS you're playing rubbish, costing us points, sit down watch and your time will come am sure" is what Conte should tell Son, well in a milder manner.

I’d like to see us play a genuine 3/5/2, with Son replaced by Richarlison. And Spence starting with a view to aggressive wide play. Could even slot Kulu into the midfield three behind the top 2.

I expect it will be the standard 3/4/3 stuff though.

3r7JcR5.png

Subs: Lloris, Dier, Davies, Emerson, Tanganga, Sarr, Kulusevski, Lucas, Kane

Højbjerg or Bentancur on the bench in place of Sarr if either are fit.

I’ll be there Saturday, first live game since the pandemic as it’s a bit of a hike for me.

I’m fully expecting to be dazzled by champagne football throughout, Fulham to be totally annihilated, and us to show those other pretenders how to actually do a ten nil. We’ll probably unveil Messi too.

Failing that I’ll have a nice pie and buy something I don’t need from the shop.

Back
Top Bottom