Tottenham vs. Cardiff - 06/10/18

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

All I have to say is fuck the whining moaners on here who complain about every little thing even when we win and that Neil Warnock is a fraud of a manager and just a straight up piece of shit.

Tortoise. Turtles are quite graceful and quick in the water. Unless you meant like a turtle on land.

:dierpochhug:

I didn't see much water.

don-draper-1024x683.jpg

Sorry guys, I'm not going to read 30 odd pages about this game.
Weather was horrible, too many kids near me so I had to watch the language - lots of "what the blazes", "for Pete's sake" and "goodness gracious" instead of the usual matchday profanities.
Glad we've got another three points in the bag without really hitting the heights.
We got off to a good start but didn't capitalise on it, and I thought it was going to be one of those days.
Thought Eric had a good game today.
Hopefully we'll ride the bumps and once we get our best players back to fitness, we can recapture some of the sparkle we had over the last three seasons and can up the quality of the play.

Last edited:
Cardiff are fucking shite. They were summed up by one pathetic tackle, that’s the sort of thing you see in a grudge match on Hackney Marshes. It was embarrassing, there is no place in this league for dross like that. The sooner they fuck off back to the lower leagues the better.

They had no plan to play any form of football, all they had was dirty little tactics and the hope they could nick a goal from a set piece.

We should have smashed them for 5 or 6 but a win is a win at the end of the day.

Only caught the last hour of the match, but it was pretty flat and uninspiring. We really do look out of sorts.

Yet there are plenty of positives to take from it. Three points (meaning we’ve matched our best ever start to a Prem season) without numerous key players, one less game at Wembley, a clean sheet, and the fact that we ground out the victory. Plus it’s nice to go into an International break not having to dwell on a poor result.

Warnock’s comments about being flattered by us running down the clock at the end were typically moronic. I was actually happy to see us doing that as it’s sensible no matter who you’re playing when the score is 1-0 (especially given the late goals we’ve conceded lately).

I’d also like to think that there was an element of game management today. It’s a tired squad that have had a long summer, so I’d prefer to see us plod to victory rather than go on the rampage and risk burn out. After all, we were playing Barca in the CL only three days ago!

So it wasn’t pretty, and I completely understand a lot of the criticisms, but in the wider context we did what we needed to. No more, no less. I’ll take that.

Always a pleasure to get the three points and one less game at that stadium before we get home.

Thought we would cruise this after the first 20 minutes, but it's a win, third in the league, not playing that well and missing key players.

Did Warnock seriously think we would go all out attack in the last few minutes when one nil up??!!!

Hopefully Cardiff will be back in the championship playing to crowds of 7,000 again next season

3 points all that mattered today. We’ve had a busy run of tough games. Cardiff are wankers with the wankers’ wanker king as manager. What a tosser he is. We really need a collective rest. Fuck knows how or when we’re going to get it.

Cry you classless cunt!!!!!! 2pts from 24 you utter useless cunt.

Amazing how easy the press is on him for someone doing so utterly shit. He has a pop at Kane (he's right about the sending off too, but shows no class at all), he's had a pop at the lino, he's had a pop at the ref, he's even has a pop at Wolves, what are they making you look even shite? I despise this wanker.......
Do2U1uiW0AEVP-C.jpg

Oh here we go. Stupid negative media right from the off, asking about the empty seats in the upper tier. We couldn’t fucking sell the tickets due to capacity restrictions. Available tickets were sold out.
That's Paul "the cunt" Jiggins from The Sun. He goes on to ask the question to Warnock too in his PR conf.
Yep, we weren't far off selling out of available tickets. Or we did and a few thousand couldn't be arsed to shleck back to Wembley to watch Cardiff park the bus.

Last edited:
Sorry guys, I'm not going to read 30 odd pages about this game.
Weather was horrible, too many kids near me so I had to watch the language - lots of "what the blazes", "for Pete's sake" and "goodness gracious" instead of the usual matchday profanities.
Glad we've got another three points in the bag without really hitting the heights.
We got off to a good start but didn't capitalise on it, and I thought it was going to be one of those days.
Thought Eric had a good game today.
Hopefully we'll ride the bumps and once we get our best players back to fitness, we can recapture some of the sparkle we had over the last three seasons and can up the quality of the play.
Love your matchday reports Mrs P.

Watched some the highlights again, we definitely created enough chances to smash them, it didn’t happen, but we won so fuck it.

It happens.

If we put away some of our chances (Kane header, Lucas and Son efforts), no one would have batted an eyelid. We can't smash teams every week and we're certainly not going to play well every week - but what we can aim to do (which is most important) is get 3 points, which we did.

Back
Top Bottom