Tottenham vs. Cardiff - 06/10/18

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Are you a man or a mouse?? :)
Seriously, surely if you ask to watch the game as your birthday gift, how can your partner say no?

I remember when we were Playing away at Villa (won 4-0) it was on boxing day and my wife said "no football its Christmas and Family are coming round" my reply to this was "Bollocks to that, I didn't invite them"
Watched the football, celebrated every goal and got blanked by everybody
wife didn't talk to me for 3 days, best christmas ever.

Talking about "winning ugly", knocking out dour 1-0s when needed, I said to my niece that it worked fine for Liverpool in the 70s and early 80s. She rightly replied that you don't have to go back nearly that far, it won Chelsea the league the season before last.

Anyone who bemoans winning without playing in the mythical Tottenham way is both living in cloud cuckoo land and pre-accepting failure. There isn't a club on earth in any moment in time that considers their major honours in any way tainted when they haven't managed to scale the lofty peaks of 70s Brazil footballing purity

Last edited:
This thread is embarrassing. We controlled the game and won with a depleted line up, and we’re one point off top.

Take a look at yourself lads, if you’re that miserable about where we are then you probably shouldn’t be a Spurs fan.

Entitled cunts who think we should be smashing teams left right and centre.

And they laugh at Lawro when he predicts Liverpool to win every week.

1 point off top. Cleansheet. New stadium on the way. Team riddled with injuries. Best start to a Premier League season ever. Still not happy.

I don’t post a lot.

But I seem to say the same thing all the time when i do.

Do you fuckers that are moaning remember the bad times? I used to go to the lane week after week for a piss up , never let the football enjoy a day out.

We struggled to beat the sheep shaggers, so what we did! Enjoy what we are at the moment!

Sorry guys, I'm not going to read 30 odd pages about this game.
Weather was horrible, too many kids near me so I had to watch the language - lots of "what the blazes", "for Pete's sake" and "goodness gracious" instead of the usual matchday profanities.
Glad we've got another three points in the bag without really hitting the heights.
We got off to a good start but didn't capitalise on it, and I thought it was going to be one of those days.
Thought Eric had a good game today.
Hopefully we'll ride the bumps and once we get our best players back to fitness, we can recapture some of the sparkle we had over the last three seasons and can up the quality of the play.

Last edited:
The guy who sits in front of me ( Abbey Yid Abbey Yid will know who I mean) towards the end of the game was saying sarcastically, "go on Tottenham, fuck it all up, throw the three points away" as we were passing the ball around the back- with no danger. He kept saying it. He then left on 89 minutes, not even waiting to see the inevitable mistake which led to their equaliser, saying "I've had enough" and then "they should pay me to come".

lol.... does any one calling for Lloris to be dropped genuinely think it is the right thing to do, or that Poch will do it in a million years?

Fantasy land.

Back
Top Bottom