Tottenham vs. Cardiff - 06/10/18

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think rotating players in the physically most demanding position is a little different to dropping your team captain, despite him performing shit. It just won't happen.

Lloris will only be dropped for domestic cup games or in the case of injury. Feel free to quote me on it if I am wrong. It takes bollocks to drop your captain after a poor game. I don't think many, if any managers, would do it.
This is all based on the assumption that Poch wants to bench Lloris but is too scared to.

Maybe Poch wants to keep him in the team because he's Hugo Lloris.

It is also interesting to see which games they've started so far this season:

Davies:
Newcastle v Spurs (1-2)
Spurs v Fulham (3-1)
Watford v Spurs (2-1)
Inter v Spurs (2-1)
Spurs v Watford EFL Cup (2-2)
Spurs v Barcelona (2-4)

Rose:

Man. Utd v Spurs (0-3)
Spurs v Liverpool (1-2)
Brighton v Spurs (1-2)
Huddersfield v Spurs (0-2)

Last edited:
Won't be able to watch this game as I'm going to Dublin for my birthday and apparently I'm not allowed to spend the entire afternoon in the AirBnB trying to find streams. Bah. It's my birthday, we should have to do what I want to do!

We will smash Cardiff. Worst team in the league. Just what we need to raise morale.
Are you a man or a mouse?? :)
Seriously, surely if you ask to watch the game as your birthday gift, how can your partner say no?

Hope this isn't one of those horrible "banana skin" games. Don't mind Wembley games so much on a Saturday afternoon, so let's just get down to business and win the game.

Are you a man or a mouse?? :)
Seriously, surely if you ask to watch the game as your birthday gift, how can your partner say no?

I remember when we were Playing away at Villa (won 4-0) it was on boxing day and my wife said "no football its Christmas and Family are coming round" my reply to this was "Bollocks to that, I didn't invite them"
Watched the football, celebrated every goal and got blanked by everybody
wife didn't talk to me for 3 days, best christmas ever.

Hope this isn't one of those horrible "banana skin" games. Don't mind Wembley games so much on a Saturday afternoon, so let's just get down to business and win the game.

With respect to Cardiff but also if we want to be taken seriously, it is a game where we need to start quickly, be clinical and concentrate.

I think we need more from Son and Moura in terms of goal threat.

Dier will be back alongside Winks and we are likely to see Rose return
I would play Gazzaniga as a reminder to Lloris that it is about form and not reputation but not exprcting it to happen.

A Kane brace plus Son getting off the mark would be nice.

Back
Top Bottom