Tottenham vs. Cardiff - 06/10/18

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

With respect, you're talking crap. It was a winning performance where we absolutely dominated Cardiff and made getting on for 20 attempts on goal. Cardiff defended pretty well, and we were missing our best defender and three best Midfielders. Our forwards needed to be more clinical, that's all.

I thought a hallmark of great teams was winning ugly. And that's what we're doing.
Even our bench players are better than their starting 11 what kind of excuse is that ffs. We were lucky with our goal + sending off. It could've been a different scenario if they were still with 11 men then i would love to hear ur opinion.

Sissoko is a great sub up a goal in the 80th minute. Not worth £30m, but we aren’t putting that cat back in the bag so may as well use him.

He's basically our Fellaini except Utd bring Fellaini on in desperation to score a goal whereas we bring Sissoko on to defend a lead.

Even our bench players are better than their starting 11 what kind of excuse is that ffs. We were lucky with our goal + sending off. It could've been a different scenario if they were still with 11 men then i would love to hear ur opinion.
What excuse? There's nothing to excuse. My team won, I'm happy with it.

Yes, if the outcome had been completely different and we lost, that'd be disappointing. But it wasn't. If you want to imagine fictional bad outcomes to make yourself miserable, knock yourself out.

We haven’t played well all season except for maybe against Man U, the lack of depth in our bench is evident especially with all of our injuries, yet we are only a point and possibly two points after tomorrow with an international break looming. With all the talk of no new signings in the transfer window and the delay of the new stadium I can’t believe how well we are doing in the table for a club “in crisis”

Great opening 20mins, moving the ball well, good movement and tempo. Could have, should have been a couple up.

Seem to lose our way once we scored. However, unlike some I didn't see where the threat was ever comming from Cardiff, sure they would get a couple of chances, every team does but when called on Hugo pulled out a wonderful save from thier header and Toby put in a great tackle on the line.........and that was it.

Kane was fantastic for 70mins today and absolutely fucking loved him running over the fella that hacked down Lucas, for me no way was that a red card, yellow all day long but hey, Kane's reaction was enough to get him sent off, well done and I love that!!

However, going down to 10 men only meant that they banked up, even more, the sending off killed the game off, they were scared of getting battered, who could blame them I guess.

A very good game from Sissoko, good from Winks and Dier too. Sanchez looked assured, although between him and Toby I wouldn't expect anything else against 1 man up top (who run his tits off for Cardiff, so fair play).

Joint best start to a PL season ever, whilst playing almost all out games away from home, half the first team out injured, no pre-season and having already played Liverpool, Man U and Watford (who I still think will finish in European place).

Lots still to do and work on but with another international break, let's hope that gives our players who are injured time to get fit and back in contention, we are going to need them given the number of games coming up.

Imho we were excellent for the 1st 20 minuted , well worth our lead and should have been further ahead.

For me the turning point came after Hugo's error which almost lead to a goal. I really love Alderweireld's efforts to get back but it looked like Hoillet got the touch and sent it over.

I hate to say it but atm I'm not 100% convinced the back 4 have as much faith as they did in Hugo after the constant errors on and off the pitch.

Only my opinion and I've only seen it in real time aswell as the 2 replays I caught soon after meaning Rose could therefore have just as big a roll to play but my initial feeling was he expected Hugo to sweep it up.

From that moment on the way we played went from fluid and confident to shaky.

A very good game from Sissoko, good from Winks and Dier too. Sanchez looked assured, although between him and Toby I wouldn't expect anything else against 1 man up top (who run his tits off for Cardiff, so fair play).

I thought DR was impressive today as well. He offers so much more in the final third than Davies in my opinion.

No sorry it's not harsh. That performance was simply unacceptable if you support this football club especially against ten men bottom of the league Cardiff team at home.Imagine if they were still 11 what could've happen. I'm more than happy with the win but i can't simply ignore that garbage performance today.

If we are playing the imagination game....imagine if Lucas puts that tap in from Son in and the volley doesn't get cleared off the line.
I dont think anybody is "ignoring" that the performance was less than stellar, but I would hardly call 75% possession and 19 attempts on goal garbage.

I doubt we are going to see eye to eye on this though so Im just going to leave it at something I think we can both agree on. COYS

That was a bit of a meh day.. Shitty weather, loads of empty seats and an average performance. Not a lot to get excited about apart from the 3 points of course.

I believe we are 3rd and a point off the top.. Not bad for a club in crisis..:dembelelol:

This has been a strange season so far.. We haven’t really put in one performance like the many wehave in the past two seasons and yet we are in a strong position.
Cant really explain it but really haven’t enjoyed the football as much but like I said we keep winning.

I think we will click in gear soon but coming up we have a lot of games in not many days so I think We will come unstuck occasionally.

All I can say is another fine 3 points and onwards and upwards. COYS..

Just got in from the game and dont want to read 30 pages of comments about the game as I am sure it will be depressing reading, I am also sure someone has said this already, but how the fook are we where we are in the league given our on pitch performances ? That has to be a positive ....

Anyway good to see Manure losing with 25 mins to go and oh... Wembley is still a shit hole...

EDIT: bloody UTD pulled it back.. Still,, I suppose that means more comedy Gold moments from Jose.

Last edited:
That was a bit of a meh day.. Shitty weather, loads of empty seats and an average performance. Not a lot to get excited about apart from the 3 points of course.

I believe we are 3rd and a point off the top.. Not bad for a club in crisis..:dembelelol:

This has been a strange season so far.. We haven’t really put in one performance like the many wehave in the past two seasons and yet we are in a strong position.
Cant really explain it but really haven’t enjoyed the football as much but like I said we keep winning.

I think we will click in gear soon but coming up we have a lot of games in not many days so I think We will come unstuck occasionally.

All I can say is another fine 3 points and onwards and upwards. COYS..

I think it’s worth remembering that Eriksen has either been sub-par or injured so far this season. We tend to look far easier on the eye when he’s in the team performing well.

Was at the game unlike some of the armchairs spewing bile

My assessment

Lloris - nothing to do

Trippier - top lad, good game and pure passion. Nice nutmeg and good balls in

Sanchez - solid but dodgy

Tobes - off the pace

Rose - revival. Looked like the rose of yesteryear

Winks - hot and cold. Some rubbish moments some brilliant. Still think he’s too negative. Overall not good enough for spurs level

Dier - midefield Marshall but not a top level player

Sissoko - clueless

Son - decent moments but not end product

Moura - same as son. Should have buried one chance

Kane - rusty

Need to give a big clear out - sissoko, Davies, Dier and winks need shipping out

Midfield is shot to pieces. wanyama shaky and dembele an old man now. Very worried about that area

I thought DR was impressive today as well. He offers so much more in the final third than Davies in my opinion.
Going forward there is little to separate them in what they offer currently. They are both very different players and Rose is the tad more exciting to watch as he looks to take on and get behind the oppo (albeit he doesn't do it with finesse, he is like a steamroller a blunt instrument).

Was at the game unlike some of the armchairs spewing bile
My assessment
Lloris - nothing to do

Trippier - top lad, good game and pure passion. Nice nutmeg and good balls in

Sanchez - solid but dodgy

Tobes - off the pace

Rose - revival. Looked like the rose of yesteryear

Winks - hot and cold. Some rubbish moments some brilliant. Still think he’s too negative. Overall not good enough for spurs level

Dier - midefield Marshall but not a top level player

Sissoko - clueless

Son - decent moments but not end product

Moura - same as son. Should have buried one chance

Kane - rusty

Need to give a big clear out - sissoko, Davies, Dier and winks need shipping out

Midfield is shot to pieces. wanyama shaky and dembele an old man now. Very worried about that area
:llorishuh:apart from keeping the score at '0' with that point blank save onto the post, eh?

It's the people who insinuate that Sissoko gets blame that other players don't that really winds me up mate. I don't think I've ever seen a player so unsuitable in every single way to how a team is trying to play than Sissoko with us. I agree his effort can't be questioned and he seems a really good guy, but from a footballing sense he was an absolutely farcical buy, a fact most people called when we signed him, and we should have cut our losses and got rid the following Summer.
Better than bakayoko...... yet no odium

Back
Top Bottom