Tottenham vs. Cardiff - 06/10/18

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Honestly mate, I don’t understand why people aren’t agreeing. He’s a trier, for sure, but he’s a fucking awful footballer. He has heart and does try but he’s shit. Absolute dog shit.
It's the people who insinuate that Sissoko gets blame that other players don't that really winds me up mate. I don't think I've ever seen a player so unsuitable in every single way to how a team is trying to play than Sissoko with us. I agree his effort can't be questioned and he seems a really good guy, but from a footballing sense he was an absolutely farcical buy, a fact most people called when we signed him, and we should have cut our losses and got rid the following Summer.

I think thats a little harsh. Yes there were certainly some things that could've been improved, but did you really doubt that we would win? Created great opportunities, none of the players were having horrible games (albeit none were great either), and its a win going into an international break where hopefully we get some of our injured key players back. Im content.
No sorry it's not harsh. That performance was simply unacceptable if you support this football club especially against ten men bottom of the league Cardiff team at home.Imagine if they were still 11 what could've happen. I'm more than happy with the win but i can't simply ignore that garbage performance today.

Poor performance but cannot argue with 3 points. LLoris got away with his error this time. Kane still not scored against Cardiff. Moura after his good start to the season starting to misfire. Son still Knackered. Hope Rose ok.
We may get Eriksen, Aurier and Dembele back for next match but not Verts or Dele.
Should have done better.

I fucking hate it when we win equal record points totals as well.

Football management's about results, not how entertained some self entitled fans might be feeling. Shame about Inter, but otherwise Poch is doing just fine in my view.
You simply cannot accept that kind of performance today if you support this football club. We were lucky with our goal + sending off. I love Poch i just want him to fix our same old problems that we see every game since the start of the season. Cause i don't see any improvement from the team. And i think dropping Gazza was a big mistake as well, we were more confident at the back when he's in goal.

It's a bit much all this Sissoko hate.
Geezer comes off drenched in sweat, more sweat than some managed in their whole career at us ffs.
We know he can be clumsy with the ball, but so can everyone. Its been mentioned once or twice now.
Lets face it Dier, for all his Portuguese training as a youngster has his fair share of cack moments on the ball too.
Still love him though, don't know why people can't at least respect Sissoko for his 100% effort.

Anyway decent win, bit tricky at times it just wouldn't fall for us to get a comfortable 2nd goal.
2 clean sheets in a row. Rose looked really good today.
Equalled our best PL start too, so all things considered its brilliant we are where we are.

... Paul Pogba?

05d.jpg

On the plus side I thought Danny Rose looked excellent today. Can't seem to get through a game without pulling up with something, but encouraging signs nonetheless. On a completely different level to Davies when he's a full tilt.

He was a real threat in attack, great to see starting to look like his old self.

You simply cannot accept that kind of performance today if you support this football club.
With respect, you're talking crap. It was a winning performance where we absolutely dominated Cardiff and made getting on for 20 attempts on goal. Cardiff defended pretty well, and we were missing our best defender and three best Midfielders. Our forwards needed to be more clinical, that's all.

I thought a hallmark of great teams was winning ugly. And that's what we're doing.

Considering our injury list and the opportunity Winks will get with England, I've genuinely never been happier to see an international break.
:llorisunsure:
Usually it comes when we are on a roll. I’m not concerned about the performance given the state of the squad, but man, this break couldn’t come fast enough.

It's a bit much all this Sissoko hate.
Geezer comes off drenched in sweat, more sweat than some managed in their whole career at us ffs.
We know he can be clumsy with the ball, but so can everyone. Its been mentioned once or twice now.
Lets face it Dier, for all his Portuguese training as a youngster has his fair share of cack moments on the ball too.
Still love him though, don't know why people can't at least respect Sissoko for his 100% effort.

Anyway decent win, bit tricky at times it just wouldn't fall for us to get a comfortable 2nd goal.
2 clean sheets in a row. Rose looked really good today.
Equalled our best PL start too, so all things considered its brilliant we are where we are.
I'm pretty sure most of us respect Sissoko for his effort, his professionalism and is apparently a top bloke. He does a job from time to time.
But let's not delude ourselves, he was a very poor signing and would have been out the door if he wasn't on inflated wages and with a £30m price tag Levy won't want to write off.

I'm pretty sure most of us respect Sissoko for his effort, his professionalism and is apparently a top bloke. He does a job from time to time.
But let's not delude ourselves, he was a very poor signing and would have been out the door if he wasn't on inflated wages and with a £30m price tag Levy won't want to write off.
Sissoko is a great sub up a goal in the 80th minute. Not worth £30m, but we aren’t putting that cat back in the bag so may as well use him.

Sissoko is a great sub up a goal in the 80th minute. Not worth £30m, but we aren’t putting that cat back in the bag so may as well use him.
Well sure. He's there to be used. He does a job, as I said. But he's soaking up big wages and occupying a foreign player slot doing a job any decent youth player could do.

I'm always fully in support of any player in our shirt, but I know my heart always sinks when his name is announced.

Back
Top Bottom