Tottenham v West Ham

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

By scoring and assisting more than every other single player who has played in his position this season. I'd say that was pretty productive.

Pass completion means nothing to me. He had a higher pass completion than Eriksen and Dele Alli this evening and passes backwards/sideways no more or less than Winks and Dembele do.
He's scored like 2 goals, if your going down that route most central midfielders are more productive than moussa because he rarely makes assists or scores goals. But what he does do is move forward with the ball and get the oppo defence on the back foot.

"Its the same every week".

....Your words i believe.

10/12 points.

:dembelefingers:

p.s. Let me know when you've finally decided whether Davies is shit or better than Rose.

FM, wannabe-analyst twat.

But I say the same thing every week. In fact, on the 55th minute today, I even said in this very thread that we'd be making a sub in 20 minutes time. Low and behold, 20 minutes later (once we were losing), he finally made a change. Not sure how it's fickle. It's a criticism of Pochettino's game management, which is probably the worst part of his game. Praising him for other facets of his game isn't fickle so don't tell me it is.

I don't think I've ever once said Davies is better than Rose. I don't think Davies has the ability to ever be better than Rose unfortunately. Too slow, not intelligent enough and doesn't have the aggression with the ball. He's a decent left back but wing back he is not.

BBC call it a "West Ham defensive masterclass"

I'd call it the death of a football team.

_99472088_averagepositions.png

Let it go. If you liked or admired the way West Ham “played” or even considered that playing then we have very very different views on football.

We failed to beat them

Now is that down to us and the way we played or them and the way they played?

Think about that, have a snooze and come back to me when you have a sensible thought. Good lad.

Had just posted about pep and then saw your comment about him....didn't wanna irk anyone so thought I would apologise in advance.

Do ya thing mate....

Totti has a penchant for the oppo cock, tis all....

(Came accross like you were mocking me.

:pochbye: )

He's scored like 2 goals, if your going down that route most central midfielders are more productive than moussa because he rarely makes assists or scores goals. But what he does do is move forward with the ball and get the oppo defence on the back foot.

Are you telling me scoring 2 goals from central midfield isn't as productive as scoring 0 goals? They play the exact same position. This isn't comparing Pirlo and Zidane. It's comparing two central midfielders who tend to be partnered with a defensive midfielder.

Dembele is a better footballer. No one is debating that.

I watched the first half from behind the goal in my normal ST seat; second half I went up the shelf side next to Spammers. I think some of the abuse and blame on Sissoko is unfair. Him and Dier were there to keep us solid and basically kill any chance of West Ham having any consistent attacking threat. He did that. He’s not there to be creative. With Son, Dele, Eriksen, Kane and the wing backs we should have had enough to break through, but Spam were lucky. I would have brought Lamela on with more on the clock but that’s not Sissoko’s fault. The only reason they got anything from the game is luck. I also think Dier had a pretty poor game today.

Wasn’t having a dig mate but I read the other day in some rag that the final cost is going to exceed 1 billion

:levyeyes:
That’s comical and club PR bullshit. There is no way on earth the project would spiral like that in costs. If it did. Well frankly it would prove Levy to be a huge fool, which I am sure he is not.....

And why should the team suffer for the stadium ? We have had austerity under Sugar, austerity under ENIC and then more austerity under ENIC. The money to buy the bulls cross centre, the money to buy the land around the stadium, those houses....all came from the Austerity pot ! We are not a small club. We are actually massive, the con trick is that we are painted as plucky Spurs. We don’t overachieve, we underachieve. That’s the fact. We got how much to finish second ? And spent how much out on player investment ?

We drew with West Ham tonight as we were not better than West Ham. Fact. I hate saying it. But I equally hate the lies that everyone hides behind.

Strange that it's not considered an "attacking masterclass" when a team has 2 shots and scores 1 goal, which was exactly what West Ham done.

That game proved exactly why the Premier League isn't the best league in the world - it wasn't a defensive masterclass at all - it was a team who put 8 men behind the ball and got their bodies in the way of the wall because their manager isn't good enough to teach a team how to defend.

Are you telling me scoring 2 goals from central midfield isn't as productive as scoring 0 goals? They play the exact same position. This isn't comparing Pirlo and Zidane. It's comparing two central midfielders who tend to be partnered with a defensive midfielder.

Dembele is a better footballer. No one is debating that.
I'm debating Sissoko being more productive this season than Dembele simply because he has more goals, if this is the case that would mean a hell of a lot of central midfielders have been more productive than Dembele over the past few years because he rarely scores.

Defensive masterclass?! I've tried to think of a rebuke but I've got nothing... they were utter shit and are very lucky to be taking a point.

I just feel disappointed with the team for not taking the points and Poch for not reacting quicker.

I'm debating Sissoko being more productive this season than Dembele simply because he has more goals, if this is the case that would mean a hell of a lot of central midfielders have been more productive than Dembele over the past few years because he rarely scores.

Different though - because the past few years Dembele has had the ability to run and control a game. He hasn't had such ability this season, if he had he'd be starting a lot more games and coming off the bench a lot more when not fully fit.

He's played 1029 minutes this season (Dembele). He simply hasn't been productive in any sense of the word. No goals. No assists. No memorable performances. Injuries piling up. That equates to 11 games. We've played 30 games this season.

There's being organised in the defence and playing on the counter, like what we did in the bernabau. Then there is tonights game, embarrassed for any west ham fan that is proud of that kinda performance

Not wanting to get into a pissing match here with anyone, but we don't win enough when we absolutely need to, tonight was one of those "need to" wins i'm afraid.

10/12 points is all very good and well, but we weren't playing anyone of any significance now were we? I mean how many points did you seriously expect 6? Saints, Burnley, Swansea and West Ham are hardly stiff tests of the quality we have in this team.

No more of a must win than the other 3 games.

Personally, I don't do 'expected wins'.

Regardless, i'm largely reacting to the know it all, 'hindsight'-dom of a certain poster.

Last edited:
Came to Wembley tonight hoping/praying Spurs would cheer me up after receiving a £1000 repair bill for my motor...

One of those chances early on would have, if taken, set up a very different game and probably a thrashing for West Ham - but we all know that. A sense of inevitability followed as we lacked the nous / speed / guile to unlock their stubborn defence. Crowd became restless. Some players copped a fair bit from the stands. Their goal was a peach and I thought we were staring down the barrel of 0-1.

Postives - Son’s goal; Vertonghen and Aurier; Vic looked strong when he came on....that’s about it.

Didn’t think we needed two DM’s tonight. We lack pace. Sissoko - I’m torn on this. Don’t like hearing the stick he’s getting BUT he ain’t good enough for this team. End of...

Team looked knackered - esp Dier, Eriksson and Dele

Small crowd for a London Derby (bit embarrassing really). Have people had enough of Wembley or was it just poor scheduling? We got 73000 for Bournemouth earlier in the season..

We failed to beat them

Now is that down to us and the way we played or them and the way they played?

Think about that, have a snooze and come back to me when you have a sensible thought. Good lad.
Your attempts and being antagonistic are getting a bit tired now.

One team tried to play football and win today. The other team had zero intention of doing anything other than drawing. They weren’t even attempting to counter attack. The fact they scored was pure luck.

Today’s game wasn’t boring because of the way we were trying to play. It was boring because THEY made it boring by playing more anti football than any other team this season. And this a team that think they have a fierce rivalry with us.

Back
Top Bottom