Tottenham v West Ham

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Clearly not true. If you had read my post correctly then you would see that I wore them Tues after a wash and they were still magic.

Think you are just trying to make me look like a fool with socks for mittens! For shame! :)

I can't read, this is true. However, I attribute the Tuesday win to the lucky pants that I wore on my head (they've been washed) and not your formerly lucky socks that must be worn on your hands to return their magic.

I didn't make up these rules myself. Sock God came to me in a vision.

A nothing game tonight against a nothing side.
A massive 3 points game against a nothing side.

Doesn't even register on my radar.
Well it should register because its important as with every game, regardless of what they mean to you.

win and move on to actual important things.
Only a win will allow us to move on to better things. Tonight, we can get 2 points closer to Cheksea and 2 further from the Woolwich.

So lets want this and make it important to us otherwise whats the point?

A massive 3 points game against a nothing side.

Well it should register because its important as with every game, regardless of what they mean to you.

Only a win will allow us to move on to better things. Tonight, we can get 2 points closer to Cheksea and 2 further from the Woolwich.

So lets want this and make it important to us otherwise whats the point?

Oh I want the points. But no different to wanting 3 points against Leicester, Watford etc. I don't give a shit about west ham. It's not like playing Woolwich or Chelsea.

That was my point. So I stand by my original post so with all due respect, don't try and lecture me again.

Oh I want the points. But no different to wanting 3 points against Leicester, Watford etc. I don't give a shit about west ham. It's not like playing Woolwich or Chelsea.

That was my point. So I stand by my original post so with all due respect, don't try and lecture me again.

I want these 3 points more than the likes of Watford, Leicester etc because it's fucking hilarious laughing at them when we do.

They're a nothing club who's highlight of their season is to hopefully beat us in one of their two league fixtures against us or in a meaningless cup which eventually gets them nowhere.

Doesn't matter how or in what minute we win as long as we do.

It is just important to be clinical. I feel a 2 goal lead tonight is game over but we have to ensure Carroll is contained.

Dilemma...
I had Spurs socks for Christmas. Wore them Boxing Day = WIN Wore them Tuesday = WIN
Now I'm obviously going to wear them again tonight. However, they were washed between Boxing Day and Tuesday but are still currently in the wash basket. So... Do I wear them without washing them as it is the socks that are the magic and not their cleanliness or do I need to get them washed and dried before kick-off cos that it is the wear-wash-wear-wash cycle that makes them magic?

:)

Have a quick wank in them... :dier: they'll be good as new and good to go for tonight! :dierno:
The crustiness will wear off in time... trust me! :pochsmirk:

A nothing game tonight against a nothing side. Doesn't even register on my radar. Just get the win and move on to actual important things.

#minnows

I think you're lying!
Are you telling me you're not gonna watch the match, or listen to it on the radio, or turn off all forms of media that might tell you the score tonight... and only casually happen across the final result in the papers TOMORROW morning! When you might utter a casual 'pffft' regardless of the result??
I think not...

Listen, there's nothing to be ashamed of... it's OK to care about this game... it doesn't make you a small time pikey... it makes you a fan of Tottenham Hotspur who actually cares about our games... go on, treat yourself... follow the game tonight with as much verve and passion as if you actually cared!

We all do!

I think you're lying!
Are you telling me you're not gonna watch the match, or listen to it on the radio, or turn off all forms of media that might tell you the score tonight... and only casually happen across the final result in the papers TOMORROW morning! When you might utter a casual 'pffft' regardless of the result??
I think not...

Listen, there's nothing to be ashamed of... it's OK to care about this game... it doesn't make you a small time pikey... it makes you a fan of Tottenham Hotspur who actually cares about our games... go on, treat yourself... follow the game tonight with as much verve and passion as if you actually cared!

We all do!

I think cretinous goat just meant that he doesn't attach any special significance to the opposition beyond just beating them and getting three points. Against people like Woolwich there is a significant emotional edge to the game.
I kind of agree....play Swansea and I wanna win and I want 3 points and I'll watch the game and get excited etc but don't get that nervous edge and sense of triumph like I do Vs Woolwich.
It's a bit like early rounds of a cup where it's good to go thru but lacks the buzz of a semi or a final

Back
Top Bottom