Tottenham v Gillingham-Football League Cup- 3rd round

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Only concern is Carroll as I would like to have seen a DM next to Winks.

Onomah more central which is apparently what he prefers so interesting.

Glad Winmer is back and looking forward to seeing how Carter-Vickers does

Subs with Verts, Waynama and Son given us experience if needed but if not give Nkoudou and Edwards hopefully some time.

We are at home so even with Carroll I expect us to win without to much stress (famous last words).

Who is whiteman? Where's Lopez?
Very lightweight midfield. We could get done on set pieces here.
Great to see big Kevin back

Young Tottenham born & bred keeper, 18 next month and quite highly rated.

a_whiteman.jpg

Some of these 17 year olds we have look 27.

Huge suprise with that midfield.

Winks in for huge test and Onomah and Carroll needs to toughen up today, the football league isn't exactly ladies football.

Eriksen captaining us tonight. Love it.

Not seen wearing an armband since.....

CA9ph5LU8AEJCyD.jpg
Eriksen with long hair! That picture must have been taken ages ago, lol.

Can't say I ever really saw him as a leader though. Reminds me of us giving Lennon the captain's armband.:lennon:

As to the match, good line-up, but a bit worried about our CM pairing from a defensive viewpoint.

Whilst you can look at a line up purely as a means to win a game. Poch has shown that he appreciates the benefit of giving the younger squad members playing time and especially against lower league opposition. This will be a very different game for them than an under 21's game on the training pitch.

If we expect them to evolve into superstars then we need to be prepared to take a risk on giving them game time?

Back
Top Bottom