Tottenham v Gillingham-Football League Cup- 3rd round

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hello Spurs fans, wandering Gills fan here just popped in here out of curiosity to see what sort of squad you guys thought you might be playing and just to see how excited you all are to be playing the Mighty Gills. On another note from what I understand the game will be being streamed as it is being aired abroad. I think you can watch it on bet365 as well.

Hello Spurs fans, wandering Gills fan here just popped in here out of curiosity to see what sort of squad you guys thought you might be playing and just to see how excited you all are to be playing the Mighty Gills. On another note from what I understand the game will be being streamed as it is being aired abroad. I think you can watch it on bet365 as well.
The nickname 'Gills' - how did it come about?

The nickname 'Gills' - how did it come about?
latest

Not many know, but this was filmed in Kent

Alright Mate,
I think it will be a weakened squad with the newbies in to give them another match(particularly Jannsen).
Hopefully it will be a proper cup tie,though no "cup upset" please :).
Do Gillingham still have a large Romany gypsy mob that watch them at home? I remeber my brother talking about them when we played you years ago.A Gillingham supporting mate of mine also mentioned them in a book he wrote a fair few years back. Always fascinated me,as being part Romany ancestry myself>We had a few support us from the Enfield area,but not like the mob you did back then(70s/early 80s).
Enjoy the match mate...Just not too much :)

This....

He was also sent off during the 99 final, something to do with Robbie Savage if I remember correctly.

Yep, Robbie Savage went down holding his face after no contact from Edinburgh. The very worst type of cheating. Got him sent off. Then we won it with 10 men. Justice served.

This is why, however much superficial media ladette charm Robbie Savage puts on nowadays I will always know him to be a cunt.

The G maybe pronounced as a G in Git not as in Jill (Gill). So Gills as in fish gills?

It's pronounced Jill's although why you are quoting my fasinating facts I have no idea.

My extensive wiki research also says that the town is named after a warlord Gyllingas & his name comes from the word Gylian which means to shout, he was also fucking great at angry birds & candy crush

It's pronounced Jill's although why you are quoting my fasinating facts I have no idea.

My extensive wiki research also says that the town is named after a warlord Gyllingas & his name comes from the word Gylian which means to shout, he was also fucking great at angry birds & candy crush
Ham is village so shouty village. They must have good vocal support?

Alright Mate,
I think it will be a weakened squad with the newbies in to give them another match(particularly Jannsen).
Hopefully it will be a proper cup tie,though no "cup upset" please :).
Do Gillingham still have a large Romany gypsy mob that watch them at home? I remeber my brother talking about them when we played you years ago.A Gillingham supporting mate of mine also mentioned them in a book he wrote a fair few years back. Always fascinated me,as being part Romany ancestry myself>We had a few support us from the Enfield area,but not like the mob you did back then(70s/early 80s).
Enjoy the match mate...Just not too much :)

I still know of quite a few people from the Romany community who follow the Gills however not to the extent of the 70s and 80s. I am myself from a Jewish background so have a bit of a soft spot for Tottenham I have to say didn't realise the extent of abuse Tottenham fans got for having links to the Jewish community until the other week a Chelsea fan in a pub was loudly telling everybody in the pub that "Hitler was right about a few things" and "I'd rather be a Paki than a Yid". Is this sort of attitude common amongst other clubs in your division?

I still know of quite a few people from the Romany community who follow the Gills however not to the extent of the 70s and 80s. I am myself from a Jewish background so have a bit of a soft spot for Tottenham I have to say didn't realise the extent of abuse Tottenham fans got for having links to the Jewish community until the other week a Chelsea fan in a pub was loudly telling everybody in the pub that "Hitler was right about a few things" and "I'd rather be a Paki than a Yid". Is this sort of attitude common amongst other clubs in your division?
Only a couple.The one you mentioned and a disgruntled bunch of Essex/east London travelling circus clowns,who are currently holed up in the Olympic Stadium spring to mind.It use to be worse(Southampton were quite horrible in some of their songs), but most don't bother now.
Talking of the saints, i remember back in the 80s a lone one of there fans spent the entire first half giving us in the Worcester ave Nazi salutes(it was the year the shelf was getting done up).He got slung just after half time, and people were fighting to get out and have a pop at him...They also use to call Cockerel, Glen"i always score against the Jews " Cockerel, in one of their fanzines.But as i said, apart from a few exceptions, it is pretty much died a death.

With Justin Edinburgh being big in the hairdressing game, and marketing products that prevent hair loss, the transformation in Paul Konchesky is one of the most interesting aspects of the fixture.

Here is Paul before he met Justin
pro_paul_konchesky.jpg

and after

Paul+Konchesky+Leicester+City+v+Everton+ndfobhS4w5fl.jpg

Back
Top Bottom