Tottenham v Gillingham-Football League Cup- 3rd round

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We have the squad to cope with this!
Using the "2 players for every position" theory, we could conceivably use the '2nd' player for each position, and be just fine!

----------------- VORM ----------------
TRIPPER WIMMER CARTER-VICKERS DAVIES

------------------ WANYAMA WINKS -------------

---- ONOMAH -- CARROLL -- N'KOUDOU ----

------------------- JANSSEN ------- row Z >>>>

Personal interest in this. Back in 52 my grandfather was a guest of the Royal Navy in Gillingham doing a course on naval artillery. During the weekends he and the other Israeli sailors would take the train to London and watch football. Spurs were flying high so he took a liking of them.
Ever since all of my family are yiddos.

3rd string for this please

I love late kick offs at WHL. And looking forward to seeing Janssen get a proper run out to hopefully get a few goals and his confidence up.

"Janssen in the moonlight.."

Hello Spurs fans, wandering Gills fan here just popped in here out of curiosity to see what sort of squad you guys thought you might be playing and just to see how excited you all are to be playing the Mighty Gills. On another note from what I understand the game will be being streamed as it is being aired abroad. I think you can watch it on bet365 as well.
The nickname 'Gills' - how did it come about?

Hello Spurs fans, wandering Gills fan here just popped in here out of curiosity to see what sort of squad you guys thought you might be playing and just to see how excited you all are to be playing the Mighty Gills. On another note from what I understand the game will be being streamed as it is being aired abroad. I think you can watch it on bet365 as well.
With Justin Edinburgh being big in the hairdressing game, and marketing products that prevent hair loss, the transformation in Paul Konchesky is one of the most interesting aspects of the fixture.

Here is Paul before he met Justin
pro_paul_konchesky.jpg

and after

Paul+Konchesky+Leicester+City+v+Everton+ndfobhS4w5fl.jpg

It is just Gillingham shortened I'm unsure of the history regarding the nickname all I know is that the nickname was used as far back as the 1920s. The most common mistake people make is prouncing it with a hard G like the gill of a fish.

Ha, I bet... and now you're going to tell me that gif is pronounced JIF. :gallas:

My favorite part of the match was how the support was getting behind Janssen as his efforts kept coming up short. Everyone knows how important it is to back him now that Harry is out for, last I read, at least 2 months. No boo boy nonsense. Just give him your best, and hopefully that will get things firing. With each shot wide the crowd just kept getting louder. Gave me the tingles.

A goal from open play would have been nice, but the PK will do for now, and you could tell he was fired up to finally get one down on the stats sheet, and the lads were all so happy for him too.

COYS

My favorite part of the match was how the support was getting behind Janssen as his efforts kept coming up short. Everyone knows how important it is to back him now that Harry is out for, last I read, at least 2 months. No boo boy nonsense. Just give him your best, and hopefully that will get things firing. With each shot wide the crowd just kept getting louder. Gave me the tingles.

A goal from open play would have been nice, but the PK will do for now, and you could tell he was fired up to finally get one down on the stats sheet, and the lads were all so happy for him too.

COYS
I agree. He's a quality player who we need to support.

First game at WHL in over 5 years tomorrow. The move to Coventry has hindered my opportunities to visit.

Bringing the Missus (no photos, sorry lads) and staying just by the Lane. Can anyone recommend some good bars pre game?

Back
Top Bottom