Tottenham v Gillingham-Football League Cup- 3rd round

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

My favorite part of the match was how the support was getting behind Janssen as his efforts kept coming up short. Everyone knows how important it is to back him now that Harry is out for, last I read, at least 2 months. No boo boy nonsense. Just give him your best, and hopefully that will get things firing. With each shot wide the crowd just kept getting louder. Gave me the tingles.

A goal from open play would have been nice, but the PK will do for now, and you could tell he was fired up to finally get one down on the stats sheet, and the lads were all so happy for him too.

COYS
Yep I think he had a good game. Kept getting in the right positions, which is most important, and played Lamela through nicely for the fifth. If he hadn't have scored the penalty he'd probably still be trying to score, and would have missed Lamela - him getting off the mark will be good for the whole team now

Even though the competition was weak, thought Lamela and Eriksen worked well together.

Co-existing isn't something that has come easy to them.

Ssssh don't say that, Gibbsy will be out to tell you they cannot play together. :eriksenlol::lamelaaghh:

Albeit it was against Gillingham on League 1.

Still a fantastic result and great account of ourselves with a good mixture of yoof and first team. Janssen is off the mark, don't care if it was a pen, a goal is a goal. Onomah also got his first goal. Winks shown that he looks like an able squad player for the midfield.

Let's go up to the dippers and do it again.

small-violin.gif

Did he get binned or withdraw his account?

Getting a bit tiresome now!
:avbhumph:

As well as we played and Poch has stated he will continue to play the young players, I think we will go no further in this competition. I know many will disagree but realistically Liverpool not being in Europe will play a stronger team, we rarely win at Anfield ( probably the ground with our lowest win %) and the clincher is Sky are showing it and we will have to suffer their pro Liverpool panellists raving about Liverpool (may have to turn the sound off) Our first team would struggle to win at Anfield and it has been a few years since we have done it. Last year we got drawn against the Scum & Leicester and now Liverpool. I was hoping when we got Gillingham our luck had changed but clearly not.
Of course it'd be fantastic to win any trophy - but with our Champions League commitments and Kane being injured, there's a good chance that the League Cup could fuck us in the long term.

At least this way, we either get the satisfaction of beating (a full strength) Liverpool with a rotated squad, or get out of the competition before it becomes a drain.

Of course it'd be fantastic to win any trophy - but with our Champions League commitments and Kane being injured, there's a good chance that the League Cup could fuck us in the long term.

At least this way, we either get the satisfaction of beating (a full strength) Liverpool with a rotated squad, or get out of the competition before it becomes a drain.

It would have been much better to have drawn and then beaten Reading at home in the next round with close to Wednesday's team than get an away draw with one of the best teams NOT in Europe.

Back
Top Bottom